collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bumstead's Got The Joint Rockin'...  (Read 4468 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Bumstead's Got The Joint Rockin'...
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:39:40 PM »
vs Pitt. Home court looks and sounds like a morgue. Not the same vibe as the old bumble fook
rivalry, aina? But, he's got it all goin' on.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:44:15 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Bumstead's Got The Joint Rockin'...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »
All about the job security, aina?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:01:03 PM »
Shekels, shekels, and more shekels.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »
Shekels, shekels, and more shekels.

Hear, hear
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 10:04:19 AM »
Strange coincidence I'm sure that you two comedians went radio silent the moment VTech dramatically got the game into overtime and then won it in the extra five minutes. Deja vu all over again for a former MU coach.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 10:12:45 AM »
He's taken the #2 team in the country to the brink and beaten Pitt in his last two games - with a very weak team that's without its best player. I wouldn't get too short Buzz futures - you may get burned.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 10:16:16 AM »
Strange coincidence I'm sure that you two comedians went radio silent the moment VTech dramatically got the game into overtime and then won it in the extra five minutes. Deja vu all over again for a former MU coach.

Wasn't watching the game 1 bit to be honest.  It's not like we were sitting here having an elaborate discussion about the game and then when things "turned around" (I guess they were down?) for VT we went MIA.  But hey, he got his first ACC win?  Congrats coach Bert!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:20:21 AM by wadesworld »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 10:20:15 AM »
He's taken the #2 team in the country to the brink and beaten Pitt in his last two games - with a very weak team that's without its best player. I wouldn't get too short Buzz futures - you may get burned.

The UVA performance was impressive all things considered, however, beating Pitt at home isn't anything special, they are extremely mediocre, they've only beaten teams with a losing record in conference and I would put good money on them finishing below 500 in the ACC.

My bigger takeaway from the UVA game was that Shayok is getting significant minutes for an top 2-3 team.  The new Tyshawn Taylor methinks

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:50 AM »

You got one thing right, him and his boys may light the ACC ablaze if Buzz gets his way.  Unfortunately for him the first in that line is hanging in Manhattan, Kansas right now.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:24:21 AM by wadesworld »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 10:37:05 AM »

My bigger takeaway from the UVA game was that Shayok is getting significant minutes for an top 2-3 team.  The new Tyshawn Taylor methinks

Shayok and Hill would have looked very good in blue and gold.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 10:38:16 AM »
Shayok and Hill would have looked very good in blue and gold.

I would agree with that.  Oh well, I'll take Wojo wanting to be here without those 2 rather than Bert looking for the first flight to Blacksberg plus those 2 for a year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
Shayok and Hill, along with Pierce backing up Luke would have been sweet.   Buzz having no choice but to play Hill big minutes as a freshman is good for Buzz.   Of course, Hill plays defense, so that makes it easier. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 11:04:37 AM »
Shayok and Hill, along with Pierce backing up Luke would have been sweet.   Buzz having no choice but to play Hill big minutes as a freshman is good for Buzz.   Of course, Hill plays defense, so that makes it easier.  

The way he was trying to stick it to the MU admin, of course, he would've found a way to get Trend Blackledge (JUCO) readmitted into school and eligible and found a way to have OTule and Jake gain another year of eligibility in order to start Derrick, Jake, Juan, Blackledge, and Otule and ride them max minutes.  It's a solid way to move your way up the coaching ladder in college basketball, lose as many games as you can.

In fact, back to the point, the win over Pitt really hurts Bert's chances at the Kentucky job when they fire Cal after this year for going undefeated.  You don't want your coaches winning a bunch, you want them winless in the ACC.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:06:13 AM by wadesworld »

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
I am happy to see Coach Williams  VPI team perform well. I always want our former coaches to succeed. I believe it reflects well on MU in the long term to be associated with successful people.

“Forgive Us Our Trespasses, As We Forgive Those Who Trespass Against Us”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:41 PM »
Speaking of old Big East coaches, Jaime Dixon isn't doing too well in the ACC. He used to own NYC...

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 01:56:07 PM »
Wasn't watching the game 1 bit to be honest.  It's not like we were sitting here having an elaborate discussion about the game and then when things "turned around" (I guess they were down?) for VT we went MIA.  But hey, he got his first ACC win?  Congrats coach Bert!

Hey, man, just having some fun. Truthfully, watching VTech basketball is hazardous to anyone's health which is why I don't partake. It's just amusing to see Buzz on the same path as Crean now where we have two page threads when they look like clowns but only four response threads when they do well.

Let's get a win tonight so we can all be distracted by the good things.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
Hey, man, just having some fun. Truthfully, watching VTech basketball is hazardous to anyone's health which is why I don't partake. It's just amusing to see Buzz on the same path as Crean now where we have two page threads when they look like clowns but only four response threads when they do well.

Let's get a win tonight so we can all be distracted by the good things.

Amen.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 02:47:23 PM »
I am happy to see Coach Williams  VPI team perform well. I always want our former coaches to succeed. I believe it reflects well on MU in the long term to be associated with successful people.

“Forgive Us Our Trespasses, As We Forgive Those Who Trespass Against Us”
. It is actually quite the opposite.  If a coach succeeds at a greater level than at Marquette it shows we are a stepping stone program and justifies that coach leaving.  The fact that all of our coaches have done worse than when they were at Marquette, with the exception of Rick Majerus, is a very good indicator that this is indeed a destination job. 

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »
. It is actually quite the opposite.  If a coach succeeds at a greater level than at Marquette it shows we are a stepping stone program and justifies that coach leaving.  The fact that all of our coaches have done worse than when they were at Marquette, with the exception of Rick Majerus, is a very good indicator that this is indeed a destination job. 
I feel this way, too.  I don't know how much difference it really makes, though.  The biggest thing for us is for the Big East to do well and be popular.  Its going to be tough for us if the big time football conferences just dominate basketball, too.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.