[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: TV for game tomorrow?  (Read 9494 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
TV for game tomorrow?
« on: January 27, 2015, 07:01:03 AM »
My DirecTV guide has soccer listed on FS1. Wonder if that is wrong.

oshkoshbgosh

• Scholarship Player
Re: TV for game tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 07:17:04 AM »
The game is on FS2. FS1 is scheduled to show a replay at 3 am if you're interested.

milwaukee ex-pat

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:34:58 AM »
There is no FS2 on direct tv. Does anyone know the direct tv channel it is on?  Very weird about that soccer game cuz multiple sites like this one and espn's college ball scoreboard indicate game will be on FS1.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:42:41 AM »
There is no FS2 on direct tv. Does anyone know the direct tv channel it is on?  Very weird about that soccer game cuz multiple sites like this one and espn's college ball scoreboard indicate game will be on FS1.

My DirecTV directory says FS2 is on 618.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 07:43:03 AM »
FS2 is 618 on DirecTv

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 07:49:27 AM »
Wonder if they will get out of NY on time for the game.  Lot of backed up flights.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 07:52:11 AM »
Wonder if they will get out of NY on time for the game.  Lot of backed up flights.

Apparently Seton Hall is already in Milwaukee, taking a bus from Indianapolis after playing Butler on Sat.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 07:57:35 AM »
Apparently Seton Hall is already in Milwaukee, taking a bus from Indianapolis after playing Butler on Sat.

They have J term or something? That's odd.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 07:58:41 AM »

Better to be in Milwaukee than stranded in either airport getting in/out of the region.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 08:00:05 AM »
FS1 bumps Marquette for US Soccer

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 08:12:21 AM »
Yup.   National (albeit in small circles) appeal versus regional appeal.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 08:14:46 AM »

They've seen the storm coming for several days.  I suspect they normally would have gone back to NJ.

Dunk The Ball Eric

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 09:17:51 AM »
Haven't we been bumped before for non-US soccer matches? This is frustrating for those who get FS1 and not FS2. What needs to be done to prevent this in the future? Better ratings?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 09:27:03 AM »
Better to be in Milwaukee than stranded in either airport getting in/out of the region.

Hope the bastards enjoy their stay. Qdoba's probably happy, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 09:37:40 AM »
One of the many reasons I haven't been wowed by DTV, despite those who sing its praises.

I either have to buy a sports package or miss several games. I might wait to see how we're doing at halftime and then pop over to my local watering hole for the second half. I'd go for the start of the game but I'm on babysitting duty till about 8pm ET.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 09:38:42 AM »
Haven't we been bumped before for non-US soccer matches? This is frustrating for those who get FS1 and not FS2. What needs to be done to prevent this in the future? Better ratings?

You'd need a national following I'd guess. It may be a niche market, but at least for USA they'll get nationwide eyes.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 10:23:02 AM »

FS2 is not included in the Sports package, you need to have at least the Xtra package not Choice or lower.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »
They've seen the storm coming for several days.  I suspect they normally would have gone back to NJ.

NCAA Rule 16.8.1.2.1.1(8):

8) Travel prior to and following contests when inclement weather (e.g., hurricanes, snow storm) requires the institution to adjust original travel plans to depart no more than 72 hours prior to the start of the actual competition or return no more than 60 hours following the conclusion of the actual competition. An institution that uses this exception is required to annually submit a detailed summary to the NCAA national office.

However, under normal circumstances, a team is allowed to depart no earlier than 48 hours prior to a game and may remain up to 36 hours following a game.  In this case, SHU could have stayed in Indianapolis until 4:00 a.m. this (Tues) morning and could have departed for Milwaukee as early as 6:00 p.m. last (Mon) night.  Since you don't have to depart from your home city (you can "depart" - for purposes of the rule - from any locale in which you're permitted to be), SHU may not have originally intended to head back to NJ after the Butler game any way, irrespective of the weather.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »
Is FS2 on Sling TV?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »
FS2 is not included in the Sports package, you need to have at least the Xtra package not Choice or lower.
One of the many reasons I haven't been wowed by DTV, despite those who sing its praises.

I either have to buy a sports package or miss several games. I might wait to see how we're doing at halftime and then pop over to my local watering hole for the second half. I'd go for the start of the game but I'm on babysitting duty till about 8pm ET.

Correct, FS2 is not part of the sports package.  FS2 is part of the XTRA package not Choice.  The XTRA package is $7 more per month and you receive about 60 more channels than Choice for that $7.  Sports channels on XTRA not included on Choice are FS2, CBS Sports Network, Golf Channel, NBATV channel, NBC Sports Network, NHL channel and LOGO TV.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 04:27:10 PM »

I don't sing DTV's praises because it's cheap or simple - I sing its praises because it at least gives me an option that I didn't have before, regardless of price.

source?

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 04:29:36 PM »
http://cricfree.sx/fox-sports-2-usa-live-stream

To avoid the sh*tstorm of angry PMs and responses I got last time I said I had a stream, this is what I have. It is a 24/7 live stream of FS2, although occasionally in and out. This is all I have. I hope it works for anyone who can't make the game.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »

The position of not paying a little more a month to get the games you want and just going to the bar to watch since you don't get it has always baffled me. $7 more a month = $84. Going to the bar is usually minimum $20. So after going 3 to 4 times you are coming out behind.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »
The position of not paying a little more a month to get the games you want and just going to the bar to watch since you don't get it has always baffled me. $7 more a month = $84. Going to the bar is usually minimum $20. So after going 3 to 4 times you are coming out behind.

Couldn't agree more. Yeah, it sucks we can't get every MU game for free any loner. But bottom line is an extra $20 a month for literally unlimited college hoops from November-March is simply a no brainer for me.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 02:35:20 PM »

This is, of course, common sense. But who ever said I was common sensical?!?!

Seriously, in past years I looked at these opportunities to "force" me to get together with a few fellow Marquetters in the area. Unfortunately, this season the timing hasn't been right for several of these games -- somebody has a conflict, etc. -- so we have only had a couple of outings.

Next year I might pony up the extra coin. I'd like to get hockey, the NBA, golf and of course FS2.

And thanks for correcting my previous assertion that one needed the sports package for FS2.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback