[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ban Yourself from Ners  (Read 47851 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Ban Yourself from Ners
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
This is a good point.  I mean, what kind of idiot moderators does it take to let one guy get so many posts while adding so little quality.  Even worse his MUScoopAdd ranking is even worse than last season.  

Either the mods have packed it in and have one foot out the door or Ners reminds them of themselves back when they were posters. Those are the only logical explanations for why he gets so many posts.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
This is a good point.  I mean, what kind of idiot moderators does it take to let one guy get so many posts while adding so little quality.  Even worse his MUScoopAdd ranking is even worse than last season.  

High usage + low efficiency = disaster

reinko

• All American
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2015, 11:06:11 AM »
Anyone else notice Ners conveniently befriends former coaches, family members, or other insiders of players or recruits here on the Scoop? 

He winds them up, whispers sweet nothings in their ears, and is the mouthpiece for them.  You saw it PhillyCoach, Dawsons dad, Neveda223, and now Texas Western.  Rinse & repeat.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2015, 11:11:57 AM »
High usage + low efficiency = disaster

High minutes + No Production = Nearly Invisible/Limited Role Player. Take it up with KenPom Lenny. Negative Value Add last year (and Buzz played him more minutes than any other player on team.)  

Sorry, but I like the cluster of players around JJJ I referenced earlier in this thread.

Also, just because you come in a game, and perhaps have a turnover, and miss your first two shots - it doesn't mean you are going to have a bad game, and should be benched.  Hell Mayo did just this a lot the last 10 games last season, yet FOR ONCE, Buzz let him play through those moment and stay on the floor.  Eventually his talent normalized things, and he produced.  But many here who have limited experience playing the game simply don't understand this.  Yet when you get 30+ minutes nearly EVERY game, you are getting optimum opportunity to post relevant and true metrics.

Lastly, getting caught up in O-Rating is a bit of slippery slope as it weights incredibly heavy on turnovers - guys who aren't aggressive, don't shoot frequently, and essentially do nothing other than not turn the ball over, and take fewer than 3-4 shots a game, can post a solid O-Rating.

Furthermore if O-Rating were the holy grail of defining a player's quality/worth, Pomeroy wouldn't still assign a rating of Nearly Invisible/Limited Role Player to a player with a high O-Rating that also plays high minutes.

I mean Jake Thomas was a 108.3 last season.  Duane Wilson is 103.6 so far.  Who would you rather have?  Jake or Duane?  Again, O-rating is greatly inflated by guys who don't turn the ball over - yet why do they not turn the ball over?  They rarely create/attack offense.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2015, 11:17:41 AM »
This is just too funny....what a thread - just missing some fishing commentary and SMU17 and it would be the next candidate for to be enshrined in the scoop hall of fame.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »
Anyone else notice Ners conveniently befriends former coaches, family members, or other insiders of players or recruits here on the Scoop? 

He winds them up, whispers sweet nothings in their ears, and is the mouthpiece for them.  You saw it PhillyCoach, Dawsons dad, Neveda223, and now Texas Western.  Rinse & repeat.

Clarification:  I don't "befriend" them - I appreciate, value, and share the opinions of guys who are far more involved and experienced in the game than vast majority of armchair idiots (like you Reinko) posting in this thread.  And just as many of the guys here that share similar opinions (that I disagree with) tend to "befriend" each other, the same occurs for me as a result of sharing similar opinions.

Yet we have members of the band, guys who were Star Wars nerds, and every thing else under the sun other than playing basketball discrediting the above posters.  Talk about arrogant.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2015, 11:22:58 AM »
Clarification:  I don't "befriend" them - I appreciate, value, and share the opinions of guys who are far more involved and experienced in the game than vast majority of armchair idiots (like you Reinko) posting in this thread.  And just as many of the guys here that share similar opinions (that I disagree with) tend to "befriend" each other, the same occurs for me as a result of sharing similar opinions.

Yet we have members of the band, guys who were Star Wars nerds, and every thing else under the sun other than playing basketball discrediting the above posters.  Talk about arrogant.

Cool man.  Calling people nerds and idiots.  On the internet.  In a basketball forum.  This is your life. 

Really, it is.  Bummer for ya.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2015, 11:30:15 AM »
Cool man.  Calling people nerds and idiots.  On the internet.  In a basketball forum.  This is your life. 

He's probably wearing his letterman jacket and just got back from taping Larry Lester's buns together.  (anybody catch the 80s movie reference?)
Maigh Eo for Sam

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2015, 11:33:28 AM »

LOL - No worries Reinko.  I've been called worse here.  On the internet.  In a basketball forum.  Thankfully my skin isn't as thin as many here, or yours for that matter.  Bummer for "ya."

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2015, 11:37:06 AM »
LOL - No worries Reinko.  I've been called worse here.  On the internet.  In a basketball forum.  Thankfully my skin isn't as thin as many here, or yours for that matter.  Bummer for "ya."

Sometimes it's hard to respond to you since you don't accept facts when they're presented.  Your more about conspiracies and "inside" knowledge.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »
He's probably wearing his letterman jacket and just got back from taping Larry Lester's buns together.  (anybody catch the 80s movie reference?)

Says the guy with a picture of him in the ring as his avatar.   ::)

But no Bag - didn't ever get a letter jacket or class ring - thought both were cheesy.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2015, 11:40:56 AM »
Sometimes it's hard to respond to you since you don't accept facts when they're presented.  Your more about conspiracies and "inside" knowledge.

No worries Jones  - I present plenty of facts that support my viewpoints.  Plenty.  I can agree that my take on Buzz last season could be construed as a "conspiracy theory."  Absolutely.  Yet when he left MU for VaTech within a week of the season being over - think that pretty much confirmed what I'd been saying all of last season:  Buzz wasn't the same guy.  Wasn't right.  Wasn't committed to MU/winning last season.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »
This is just too funny....what a thread - just missing some fishing commentary and SMU17 and it would be the next candidate for to be enshrined in the scoop hall of fame.
Cannot go to the Hall of Fame without a diverted thread about Kate Upton's assets. Then it goes straight to the Apple Cloud.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
Cannot go to the Hall of Fame without a diverted thread about Kate Upton's assets. Then it goes straight to the Apple Cloud.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2015, 11:44:17 AM »
Says the guy with a picture of him in the ring as his avatar.   ::)

But no Bag - didn't ever get a letter jacket or class ring - thought both were cheesy.

That'd be a better comeback if I had said anything about nerds or arm chair guys just based on your post I couldn't resist the breakfast club comparison lol

and it's my profile picture because it was the national semis for golden gloves and I'm wearing a marquette under armor shirt some of my friends went there and chanted "we are marquette" it was my proudest moment with the university since remotely being affiliated when I got my acceptance letter.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2015, 11:45:57 AM »
Either the mods have packed it in and have one foot out the door or Ners reminds them of themselves back when they were posters. Those are the only logical explanations for why he gets so many posts.

Maybe he gets "so many posts" because he has lots of free time on his hands, and generates lots of responses to his posts--especially from people who "banned themselves" from Ners. Oh, if we were all that worthy.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »

Good try Sultan. But we do need comments on Kate's assets.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »

Ha!

But what's his eWord%?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:14 AM »
High minutes + No Production = Nearly Invisible/Limited Role Player. Take it up with KenPom Lenny. Negative Value Add last year (and Buzz played him more minutes than any other player on team.)  

Whoosh
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »

Like the former NBA player who has praised derrick in our games this year?

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »
A post on an internet message board, by an internet message board poster, complaining that another
internet message board poster is WAY TOO internet message board poster-y.  An enjoyable 6-pg. read
so far.

"Jesus, is this f***in' necessary?!"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_peSCECc4I&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9_peSCECc4I&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

MU82

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08:15 PM »
Like the former NBA player who has praised derrick in our games this year?

Dickey Simpkins is a horrible announcer, and I believe his Derrick love is way over the top.

But yes, let's look at the facts:

Dickey played four years in high school at a very high level. He then started for most of his four seasons at a Big East school and was good enough to be a first-round NBA draft pick. He then played six pro seasons, including three years for a championship team. And his knowledge impressed executives at both ESPN and Fox to employ him as an announcer for multiple seasons.

So ...

If I accept that Ners is right about a former high school player being a more qualified observer than a non-player ... it stands to reason that a six-year pro who excelled in college and high school absolutely must be a far more qualified observer than a former high school player. That's Logic 101.

Ipso fatso, Derrick Wilson is the heart and soul of this Marquette team, an outstanding point guard, a heady floor leader, and all of the other compliments Dickey throws at him.

I happen to disagree with those assessments, but Ners has absolutely no standing to disagree. After all, Dickey was a former high school AND college AND professional basketball player and therefore unquestionably is a superior observer.

Case closed!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2015, 12:32:44 PM »

Sorry, I usually don't stoop to this but I can't resist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCPKLcM_O2Q

And I wasn't a star wars nerd. I am a star wars nerd.  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »
Sorry, I usually don't stoop to this but I can't resist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCPKLcM_O2Q

And I wasn't a star wars nerd. I am a star wars nerd.  ;D
Nothing wrong with being a Star Wars Nerd, especially the original trilogy. So many characters to nerd out on. Still joyously put up out Bobba Fett ornament on the tree every Christmas--usually near my Bogie and Ilsa ornaments from Casablanca. Wish I still had my son's Admiral Akbar figure.

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2015, 12:48:10 PM »
Have any of you guys ever worked for a large firm and some idiot sent off an email to say 500, 5,000 or 50,000 people by accident. And then the you start getting the replies from geniouses all over saying 'I shouldn't be included and please take me off this list'. And then more people reply to those emails saying 'I agree, take me off too'. And then you start getting the real smart ones jumping in and reply all yelling for everyone to stop replying to all. And this goes on and on with hundreds of emails clogging your inbox until IT figures out how to shut er down.

And you sit back and say why could'nt we just fire every single person who replied to this email?

That's what this thread is like. (And now i've joined it  :-\ )