[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ban Yourself from Ners  (Read 47813 times)

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: Ban Yourself from Ners
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2015, 11:13:10 PM »
This was in fact Ron Gardenhire's calling card however. Good riddance to that buffoon.

Man, I would say you guys have been very lucky going from Tom Kelly right to Gardy.  The Twins don't always have the most talented teams, and the last few years they have had no pitching at all.  When Gardenhire is the worst manager you've likely experienced in your life, you are very lucky. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2015, 11:28:51 PM »
What is TW's "supposed background?" That guy's as clueless as Ners and Willie.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2015, 11:54:44 PM »
Dude you really gotta stop with this now. I was as frustrated with the craziness of Buzz last year where I truly believe he threw in the towel. This year Wojo is doing a great job. Sure, hes had some wtf where he has sat Duane too much or didn't play Sandy at all.

We've lost 5 games in conference so far but every single one was truly a toss up game. We just came up short because we are simply limited. This team and roster of 8 guys doesn't have room for error. No matter what it is. It really sucks to see us lose 5 games that we easily could have won but Wojo ain't blowin it and neither are the two players you like to blame. I would like to see Sandy and JJJ get more consistent PT but the two guys you want gone are badly needed. We have lost 5 close games and every single one of them had different reasons.

There is no point in continually ranting about the same things over and over again. We had zero expectations this year and the team is fighting pretty damn well. Sadly, that leads to more heart break seeing as we are competing great in every game just coming up short. But it is a good ride.

Just enjoy this team and coach learning on the fly. Because they seem to be having a good time, unlike last years mess.

Very well said H232
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2015, 12:22:27 AM »
Why is anything Ners says a surprise to this board at this point?  Why are people so insistent on changing his mind?

I personally don't agree with Ners in regards to Derrick Wilson for the most part, but it seems those constantly complaining to the mods looking for another ban are just as guilty in this never ending circle.  I honestly can't tell who is being more pretentious between Ners and his endless basketball knowledge that has no rival or those who argue with him claiming moral high ground.

It's a Marquette basketball message board.  Ners is a Marquette basketball fan.  If you guys really complaining can't control yourselves enough to simply not read the Ners quotes from those responding to him then who really has the problem?

I'm just wondering who the Ners' whipping boy will be next year when we don't have Derrick to blame and the team is on the bubble despite the incoming recruiting class.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2015, 12:39:52 AM »
This was in fact Ron Gardenhire's calling card however. Good riddance to that buffoon.
Derrick Wilson is like Wojo in every way except the obvious. They are the exact same kind of player...

I can see that. Scrappy, hard-nosed, aggressive and tough minded and fundamentally sound with some limitations they make up in effort.

I could easily see Derrick Wilson come back to MU if his basketball career does not work and be one of Wojo's lead assistants in 3-5 years easily.  

He is in the mold of Junior Cadougan a great leader and high character guy you like to be associated with your program. Ok, his shot is not as good as it can be, but so what.

He makes it up in the intangibles. It is not a "bizarre" comparison of the two.

Oh and another thing. Ron Gardenhire was an EXCELLENT MANAGER for the Twins

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2015, 12:48:28 AM »
Derrick Wilson is like Wojo in every way except the obvious. They are the exact same kind of player...

I can see that. Scrappy, hard-nosed, aggressive and tough minded and fundamentally sound with some limitations they make up in effort.

I could easily see Derrick Wilson come back to MU if his basketball career does not work and be one of Wojo's lead assistants in 3-5 years easily.  

He is in the mold of Junior Cadougan a great leader and high character guy you like to be associated with your program. Ok, his shot is not as good as it can be, but so what.

He makes it up in the intangibles. It is not a "bizarre" comparison of the two.

Oh and another thing. Ron Gardenhire was an EXCELLENT MANAGER for the Twins

Since this thread in and of itself is not very basketball relevant I feel it is ok to fire back on this right quick.

Gardy was absolutely dreadful as a manger. Pretty solid "players" guy. Just awful when it came to strategically playing baseball.

I mean if you just had 02-04 to go off maybe you can say he's solid. But 09, 10 and especially 06 showed he is just over matched and benefited from a bad division and very well crafted roster to the dome's strengths.

Not sure who you are a fan of but whose the one central team that continually gets bent over in the playoffs? The 1 lead by dumb dumb Ronald.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2015, 08:28:41 AM »
This thread and the dozens exactly like it is a prime example of why after 15-20 years and countless hours wasted I have little to no use for this board any more. Its mostly just sad and pathetic.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2015, 08:49:22 AM »
This thread and the dozens exactly like it is a prime example of why after 15-20 years and countless hours wasted I have little to no use for this board any more. Its mostly just sad and pathetic.

Thank you for taking time from your busy day of high horse riding to stop by and share this with us.   :o
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2015, 08:53:23 AM »
Since this thread in and of itself is not very basketball relevant I feel it is ok to fire back on this right quick.

Gardy was absolutely dreadful as a manger. Pretty solid "players" guy. Just awful when it came to strategically playing baseball.

I mean if you just had 02-04 to go off maybe you can say he's solid. But 09, 10 and especially 06 showed he is just over matched and benefited from a bad division and very well crafted roster to the dome's strengths.

Not sure who you are a fan of but whose the one central team that continually gets bent over in the playoffs? The 1 lead by dumb dumb Ronald.

Again, you are spoiled.  You have no real idea what makes a bad manager.  In 2010, Gardy led a team with a staff anchored by Carl Pavano, Liriano, Scott Baker, Nick Blackburn and Kevin Slowey to 94 wins.  Maybe the offense was great you say?  Well, they didn't have a single guy hit more than 25 homers, they were playing guys like Danny Valencia and Orlando Hudson every day.  That is an indicator of what a great manager Gardenhire is, not the opposite.  Same thing for 2009. 

In 2006 they won 96 games.  Playing Jason Bartlett, Nick Punto, Lew Ford and old worn out Rondell White every day.  Here at least they had Johan, and Liriano in his prime.  But that team won a division that had 3 teams win 90 games.  That is a terrible example of Gardenhire being a bad manager. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2015, 08:54:03 AM »
Thank you for taking time from your busy day of high horse riding to stop by and share this with us.   :o

I don't know, that seems pretty hard to argue with. 

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 09:05:17 AM »

Pretty sure he's a relative of JjJ's.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2015, 09:27:21 AM »
Speaking of clueless, it must be frustrating for you to get that each time you post or look in a mirror.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2015, 10:04:39 AM »
Pretty sure he's a relative of JjJ's.

Well that's good. Nothing better than seeing a relative of a player insult another player on the team. I'm sure that's good for morale. Hope it doesn't get back to the actual players that something like that is happening.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »
Why is anything Ners says a surprise to this board at this point?  Why are people so insistent on changing his mind?

I personally don't agree with Ners in regards to Derrick Wilson for the most part, but it seems those constantly complaining to the mods looking for another ban are just as guilty in this never ending circle.  I honestly can't tell who is being more pretentious between Ners and his endless basketball knowledge that has no rival or those who argue with him claiming moral high ground.

It's a Marquette basketball message board.  Ners is a Marquette basketball fan.  If you guys really complaining can't control yourselves enough to simply not read the Ners quotes from those responding to him then who really has the problem?

I'm just wondering who the Ners' whipping boy will be next year when we don't have Derrick to blame and the team is on the bubble despite the incoming recruiting class.

Well said MattyV.

As for next season, I agree we will be a bubble team - even with the loss of Carlino and no clear cut guy to replace him.  Like most, I expect big things from Henry - 12-16ppg.  I don't have much of any expectation for Heldt or Nick.  Perhaps Haanif.  Hopefully JJJ sticks around.  Nonetheless, I am looking forward to next season so the whole topic of Derrick Wilson goes away, as does his 34 minutes. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
Well that's good. Nothing better than seeing a relative of a player insult another player on the team. I'm sure that's good for morale. Hope it doesn't get back to the actual players that something like that is happening.

Possibly an old coach, too. I'm sure it's great to hear someone connected to JJJ insulting the head coach on a regular basis too. No doubt in my mind all of this gets back to the coaches and players, and they probably know even better who the posters are than we do.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 10:32:22 AM »
Possibly an old coach, too. I'm sure it's great to hear someone connected to JJJ insulting the head coach on a regular basis too. No doubt in my mind all of this gets back to the coaches and players, and they probably know even better who the posters are than we do.

You want to know what the height of arrogance and ego is?  Those of you who have never been anywhere near a basketball court - other than perhaps the bench in 6th grade - and then the bleachers at your high school - discrediting a guy like Western who has so many more skins on the wall and experience on and near a basketball court than do 99% of posters here. 

It is actually beyond arrogant.  I'd never have the audacity or ego to be critical of a guy who plays in the band, plays an instrument simply because I go to a lot of concerts and dabble with a guitar myself.  I'd never criticize a wrestler, baseball player, football player, soccer player - nor suggest I know anything much less MORE about any of those sports than GASP - even guys who only played to the varsity level in high school.

So for as much as some of you feel I need to get over myself - you guys REALLY need to get over yourselves, particularly if you are going to dis Texas Western.   Take your shots at me, continue to have fun, question my mental health, herd mentality, group think, etc. - but get over yourselves.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2015, 10:35:12 AM »

Just like your drivel about JJJ getting back to him. You are an idiot.

Death on call

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2015, 10:41:59 AM »
You want to know what the height of arrogance and ego is?  Those of you who have never been anywhere near a basketball court - other than perhaps the bench in 6th grade - and then the bleachers at your high school - discrediting a guy like Western who has so many more skins on the wall and experience on and near a basketball court than do 99% of posters here. 

It is actually beyond arrogant.  I'd never have the audacity or ego to be critical of a guy who plays in the band, plays an instrument simply because I go to a lot of concerts and dabble with a guitar myself.  I'd never criticize a wrestler, baseball player, football player, soccer player - nor suggest I know anything much less MORE about any of those sports than GASP - even guys who only played to the varsity level in high school.

So for as much as some of you feel I need to get over myself - you guys REALLY need to get over yourselves, particularly if you are going to dis Texas Western.   Take your shots at me, continue to have fun, question my mental health, herd mentality, group think, etc. - but get over yourselves.

So guys that disagree with TW are arrogant for discrediting someone that has so much more experience than them.  What does that make you for disagreeing with now 2 separate groups of Div 1 basketball coaches?

And really? You've never criticized a live performance of a band if it wasn't up to par with their other work, or knocked the food you had at a restaurant?  You don't have to be a domain expert in something to be able to be critical of it.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2015, 10:50:16 AM »

Honest question - at what grade do you attain this self actualization?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2015, 10:55:10 AM »
I think we've found part of the source of our Ners problem.  Trolling someone and creating threads devoted to him are a hell of a way to get him to shut up.  This "ignore Ners" movement is doomed to fail.

Good to see we're nearing five pages of ignoring Ners.   ::)
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2015, 10:57:21 AM »
The point of the thread is somewhat undermined when people are quoting Ners in the thread dedicated to ignoring him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »

Turgenev couldn't have written it better!!

Death on call

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2015, 10:58:20 AM »
So guys that disagree with TW are arrogant for discrediting someone that has so much more experience than them.  What does that make you for disagreeing with now 2 separate groups of Div 1 basketball coaches?

And really? You've never criticized a live performance of a band if it wasn't up to par with their other work, or knocked the food you had at a restaurant?  You don't have to be a domain expert in something to be able to be critical of it.

I'm saying there is a credibility disconnect that exists when you have limited experience in the field you are being critical of - and when your "experience" is largely relegated to watching from the stands as a fan.  At minimum you should really take a look at yourself and question your authority and or ego before calling out guys with much more experience in the field/sport.

All fans are entitled to their opinions.  Guys who have never played a sport on even the high school level, certainly are capable of making good points on a sport, and many here do.  But, if you go to the level of ridiculing someone who has much more experience than do you, and assert yourself as an expert and equally "bull headed" in asserting you are correct - when you don't have the "playing" experience in the field - that is FAR more egotistical.

As for me questioning both Buzz and Wojo?  I never questioned Buzz for 1 second his first 5 years on the job - got made fun of here for being a Buzz slurper.  But knew all was not well with Buzz last season.  And our record indicated his coaching was AWFUL last season.

As for Wojo - I'm mixed in my feelings on him.  Think he's good X's and O's.  More concerned about his ability to connect with the players he's going to need to be successful at MU.  As for his usage of Derrick this season - tough to say - Derrick is definitely better than last year (hard to be worse), yet this season you can say Wojo has other options that can handle the PG position, and he is STILL choosing to play Derrick 34.  Sorry, I just don't agree that's the best decision for this team to win games.  Crucify me.

Head coaches don't always get it right.  Playing the "trusty" vet isn't always the right call.  See Don Majikowski, Drew Bledsoe.  Different story if your trusty vet is leading you to wins.  

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2015, 11:17:01 AM »
nm

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:29 AM »

feedback