[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ban Yourself from Ners  (Read 47499 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Ban Yourself from Ners
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2015, 04:14:42 PM »
The ban doesn't work if you keep replying to him.  Further, the EXACT same argument can be had in every other thread if you'd like.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2015, 04:30:54 PM »
FWIW, I'm sorry for this thread. I think creating threads that specifically call out one poster is ultimately harmful. I think even single posts that attack posters are a detriment. I prefer when people stick to the basketball. And I know I've participated before and I apologize for my role in it.

You have some good basketball knowledge Ners. I enjoy the points you make because you think about the game in a way differently than I do. It makes me think about things I wouldn't have considered before. I disagree with a lot of it, you tend to have complex theories whereas I prefer to stick to the simplest solution.

I do take issue with your delivery a lot of the time...in fact it has become most of the time. It is frustrating to debate with someone who calls others idiots or lunatics or adversaries. I am willing to listen to your theories and consider them but not when they are stated as fact. PERIOD. For example, your opinion that with 7 top 100 (You recently said there was 8 but Derrick, Dawson, Mayo, and Carlino were all outside of the top 100) we should be quality. That is a valid opinion, one I disagree with and have offered evidence to the contrary, but a valid opinion. To say it is a fact that we should be a tournament team and everyone who disagrees is lacking in basketball knowledge is something else.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »
Don't even blab about the prognosticators picking MU near the bottom of the heap. Same suspects that picked MU to win the conference last year. Very reliable!

So if pronosticators are wrong once, they are wrong all of the time?

brandx

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2015, 05:04:32 PM »
FWIW, I'm sorry for this thread. I think creating threads that specifically call out one poster is ultimately harmful. I think even single posts that attack posters are a detriment. I prefer when people stick to the basketball. And I know I've participated before and I apologize for my role in it.

You have some good basketball knowledge Ners. I enjoy the points you make because you think about the game in a way differently than I do. It makes me think about things I wouldn't have considered before. I disagree with a lot of it, you tend to have complex theories whereas I prefer to stick to the simplest solution.

I do take issue with your delivery a lot of the time...in fact it has become most of the time. It is frustrating to debate with someone who calls others idiots or lunatics or adversaries. I am willing to listen to your theories and consider them but not when they are stated as fact. PERIOD. For example, your opinion that with 7 top 100 (You recently said there was 8 but Derrick, Dawson, Mayo, and Carlino were all outside of the top 100) we should be quality. That is a valid opinion, one I disagree with and have offered evidence to the contrary, but a valid opinion. To say it is a fact that we should be a tournament team and everyone who disagrees is lacking in basketball knowledge is something else.

TAMU, I generally agree with you on most basketball discussions, but, here.... you're just FEEDING THE BEAST!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2015, 05:14:25 PM »

Since the weatherman was wrong once, willie never believes them anymore. No chance there will be snow on the East Coast tonight, once wrong, always wrong!
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2015, 05:37:00 PM »

Reading is fundamental. I did not say that. What I said was not to blab about people that make these predictions when they so grossly missed their predictions previously. Don't hang your hat on that stuff.

But real cute, Sultan. Once again you have misstated something. Par for the course.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2015, 05:38:15 PM »
Since the weatherman was wrong once, willie never believes them anymore. No chance there will be snow on the East Coast tonight, once wrong, always wrong!
Reading is fundamental, Brew. Didn't say any of that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2015, 06:29:09 PM »
Since I like being a contrarian -- for example, I didn't change my name to Ellenson82 -- I am going to un-ignore Ners!

Joyless willie ... well ... that's another story.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »
I don't post a lot, but read what everyone has to say with great interest.  To be honest, I think Texas Western has come close to Ners level.  His lack of knowledge of Division basketball and coaching is hard to believe based on his supposed background.  They both make way too many assumptions that are very unlikely true and they try to state them as facts.  No clue at all as to what makes a good coach.  The biggest problem is stating their "facts" over and over and over again.  I read scoop less and less because of these two and of course a few others.  I am just a fan trying to get input from someone who really knows basketball and coaching.  

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2015, 07:08:53 PM »
How many ners threads are we gonna do. Who cares what some guy says. Please take this useless thread down as it has nothing to do with basketball. Btw, I don't mind what ners says and if you really do then just ignore him. Sheesh

brandx

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2015, 07:18:33 PM »
I don't post a lot, but read what everyone has to say with great interest.  To be honest, I think Texas Western has come close to Ners level.  His lack of knowledge of Division basketball and coaching is hard to believe based on his supposed background.  They both make way too many assumptions that are very unlikely true and they try to state them as facts.  No clue at all as to what makes a good coach.  The biggest problem is stating their "facts" over and over and over again.  I read scoop less and less because of these two and of course a few others.  I am just a fan trying to get input from someone who really knows basketball and coaching.  

I agree about Texas Western, but he's not a bad poster just cuz I don't agree with him. He doesn't carpet bomb the threads like Ners and try to take over the board.

The only guy I've really complained about is Ners and Willie is the only one on ignore.

I think, overall, this board holds its own with any other school's board.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »
Mods

Please post statistics on who is on ignore for all to see.

Let's throw in some ban hammer stats too. 

Rocky, feels like the off season again, eh?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »
Since I like being a contrarian -- for example, I didn't change my name to Ellenson82 -- I am going to un-ignore Ners!

Joyless willie ... well ... that's another story.
Yes, you are good at stories MU82.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2015, 07:58:38 PM »
All this mental masturbation...

Anyone with half a brain knew that this season was an investment in the future. The team is exceeding expectations. The future looks great. Find the gold nuggets in this season but look toward the next

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2015, 08:02:43 PM »
It is ironic that scoop was started because of too many rules and people getting banned on other MU bulletin board sites (or at least that is what I think happened), and now we could use another new site because some people are not banned.

I'm starting to wonder which is better, a well intentioned dictator or anarchy...  ;D  There has to be a balance somewhere between...?

I'm not sure that any board has tried the well intentioned dictator route, I know of one that went Stalinist.   
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2015, 08:04:09 PM »
I'll be honest. I find it amusing that two people have responded to Ners in the "Ban Yourself from Ners" thread.

Skill development takes time.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2015, 08:04:48 PM »
I agree about Texas Western, but he's not a bad poster just cuz I don't agree with him. He doesn't carpet bomb the threads like Ners and try to take over the board.

The only guy I've really complained about is Ners and Willie is the only one on ignore.

I think, overall, this board holds its own with any other school's board.

I have no problem with a poster because I don't agree with them, since we are all entitled to our own opinion, and you are correct that TW does not try to hijack every thread.  I do however have a problem when posters state opinions as fact and act as if they are at every practice and every meeting.  Most of us have no clue what is going on behind closed doors and to be honest, it is none of our business.  Comment on whether you think someone is playing good defense or not or how you like man to man defense over a zone; things like that.  Don't however act as if you know why Burton transferred or how Wojo is hurting JJJ' confidence when you have no clue.  That is why I am just as bothered by TW as I am by Ners.  He posts a lot and he actually has some very good insight at times, but then reverts back to throwing Wojo under the bus for things he can't possible know about.  

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2015, 08:12:34 PM »
All this mental masturbation...

Anyone with half a brain knew that this season was an investment in the future. The team is exceeding expectations. The future looks great. Find the gold nuggets in this season but look toward the next

Couldn't agree more on all accounts.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GurneeHitchkr

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2015, 08:58:06 PM »
Either Ignore, or do not respond to whatever Ners said.  Simply go back to the response prior to Ners response and comment on that.  If no one responds (and I know sometimes it's hard not to, but remember that's what he wants) maybe he'll just go somewhere else. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2015, 09:16:39 PM »
Ners.  Two things.

1.  If a few people disagree with you on something they may be wrong.  But when everyone disagrees with you, including two D1 head coaches, YOU ARE WRONG!!!  The fact that you can not understand that creates a lot of problems.

2.  Most often the simplest explanation is the correct one.  If you hear hoofbeats, don't go looking for zebras.

That being said, lets play 1on1 sometime and then discuss Derrick for hours over scotch.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2015, 09:42:49 PM »

Death on call

chapman

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:29 PM »
How many ners threads are we gonna do. Who cares what some guy says. Please take this useless thread down as it has nothing to do with basketball. Btw, I don't mind what ners says and if you really do then just ignore him. Sheesh

Agree.  Never understood the need to hold a sign with flashing lights and brag that you're ignoring someone.  Just, you know...ignore them.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2015, 10:32:32 PM »
the peculiarities of scoop.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »
Or keep making excuse after excuse after excuse, excusing our current coach of any expectations that should coincide with this much talent on a roster.  Plus he lost Burton, which would have made it 8 Top 100 players.  The problem of course is his continued insistence to play a far less talented guy - Derrick - than any of JJJ, Cohen, or Burton. 

Yet I know - the same idiots are going to try to say none of JJJ, Cohen or Burton play Derrick's position...which demonstrates further idiocy and lack of understanding of the game.  You get your 5 best players on the court for the most amount of minutes:

Carlino
Duane
JJJ/Cohen
Burton
Luke

Yea...that would have been a nice lineup.  What could have been.

Dude you really gotta stop with this now. I was as frustrated with the craziness of Buzz last year where I truly believe he threw in the towel. This year Wojo is doing a great job. Sure, hes had some wtf where he has sat Duane too much or didn't play Sandy at all.

We've lost 5 games in conference so far but every single one was truly a toss up game. We just came up short because we are simply limited. This team and roster of 8 guys doesn't have room for error. No matter what it is. It really sucks to see us lose 5 games that we easily could have won but Wojo ain't blowin it and neither are the two players you like to blame. I would like to see Sandy and JJJ get more consistent PT but the two guys you want gone are badly needed. We have lost 5 close games and every single one of them had different reasons.

There is no point in continually ranting about the same things over and over again. We had zero expectations this year and the team is fighting pretty damn well. Sadly, that leads to more heart break seeing as we are competing great in every game just coming up short. But it is a good ride.

Just enjoy this team and coach learning on the fly. Because they seem to be having a good time, unlike last years mess.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:30 PM »
This is my last attempt, likely in vain, to get Ners to understand the problem.

Sometimes you have different beliefs than others on this board.  Sometimes I agree with them.  Sometimes I don't.  But there are three problems.

1. Oftentimes those beliefs are accompanied by really bizarre logic.  Like Wojo is playing Derrick because he reminds him of himself.  Or that Buzz played him to stick it to the administration.  Or that inconsistent playing time is playing "mind games" with a player.  Why can't you simply accept that coaches have different, basketball-related opinions than you do?  FWIW, I agree with you completely that Duane rested too long in the last ten minutes of that game.  I think Wojo made a mistake.

2. Your opinions and your aforementioned bizarre logic gets repeated constantly, and in almost every thread in which you participate.  Everyone knows how you feel.  There is absolutely no need to poison threads and drag them off topic.  

3.  Let stuff go.  You don't have to respond to everything someone says that differs from you.

No one wants to hurt anyone's feelings, but at some point you have to understand that the above make it very difficult for you to be a member of this community that people respect.

This was in fact Ron Gardenhire's calling card however. Good riddance to that buffoon.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback