[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ban Yourself from Ners  (Read 47818 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Ban Yourself from Ners
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
You're probably right, but it's worth a shot.

Responding to a post about your post of a self imposed ban on Ners does not count as a response to Ners, right?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 01:03:51 PM »
Lastly, this thread really hurts my feelings.  I'm amazed at how incredibly dumb some of the takes/posts I read on this board are.  

The record don't lie.  The coaching decisions made last year and this year are resulting in underperformance of the talent on the roster.  Period.  Deal with it, despite all of the excuse making and manufacturing many of you go to to justify the poor record.  If you won't blame Buzz or Wojo - then blame the players.  But please, don't go blaming Davante, Jamil and Mayo last season as "not being good leaders" for why the team failed.  And this season, please don't blame Duane, Carlino, Luke, Juan, or the 5-star sophomore shooting guard being relegated to the bench, nor our All Big East freshman Deonte for transferring, nor the team only having 8 guys, as excuses for why we are losing.  Place the blame where it belongs - either Wojo's personnel decisions - or players being played max minutes whose on floor performance isn't commensurate with their playing time.

The team has 7 Top 100 players, which is MORE than enough to win 10 games in this conference this season.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 01:09:58 PM »
Lastly, this thread really hurts my feelings.  I'm amazed at how incredibly dumb some of the takes/posts I read on this board are.  

The record don't lie.  The coaching decisions made last year and this year are resulting in underperformance of the talent on the roster.  Period.  Deal with it, despite all of the excuse making and manufacturing many of you go to to justify the poor record.  If you won't blame Buzz or Wojo - then blame the players.  But please, don't go blaming Davante, Jamil and Mayo last season as "not being good leaders" for why the team failed.  And this season, please don't blame Duane, Carlino, Luke, Juan, or the 5-star sophomore shooting guard being relegated to the bench, nor our All Big East freshman Deonte for transferring, nor the team only having 8 guys, as excuses for why we are losing.  Place the blame where it belongs - either Wojo's personnel decisions - or players being played max minutes whose on floor performance isn't commensurate with their playing time.

The team has 7 Top 100 players, which is MORE than enough to win 10 games in this conference this season.
Agreed we have real talent .

GOO

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »
It is ironic that scoop was started because of too many rules and people getting banned on other MU bulletin board sites (or at least that is what I think happened), and now we could use another new site because some people are not banned.

I'm starting to wonder which is better, a well intentioned dictator or anarchy...  ;D  There has to be a balance somewhere between...?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 01:14:49 PM »
>>>>, or the 5-star sophomore shooting guard being relegated to the bench, 4 Star

The team has 7 Top 100 players, which is I think should be MORE than enough to win 10 games in this conference this season.

FIFY

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/144604/jajuan-johnson
http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-JaJuan-Johnson-117219
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jajuan-johnson--2
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:16:44 PM by MU B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 01:20:56 PM »
I'll be honest. I find it amusing that two people have responded to Ners in the "Ban Yourself from Ners" thread.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 01:23:38 PM »
This is my last attempt, likely in vain, to get Ners to understand the problem.

Sometimes you have different beliefs than others on this board.  Sometimes I agree with them.  Sometimes I don't.  But there are three problems.

1. Oftentimes those beliefs are accompanied by really bizarre logic.  Like Wojo is playing Derrick because he reminds him of himself.  Or that Buzz played him to stick it to the administration.  Or that inconsistent playing time is playing "mind games" with a player.  Why can't you simply accept that coaches have different, basketball-related opinions than you do?  FWIW, I agree with you completely that Duane rested too long in the last ten minutes of that game.  I think Wojo made a mistake.

2. Your opinions and your aforementioned bizarre logic gets repeated constantly, and in almost every thread in which you participate.  Everyone knows how you feel.  There is absolutely no need to poison threads and drag them off topic.  

3.  Let stuff go.  You don't have to respond to everything someone says that differs from you.

No one wants to hurt anyone's feelings, but at some point you have to understand that the above make it very difficult for you to be a member of this community that people respect.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 01:28:17 PM »
This is my last attempt

Well, that was a long term commitment!!

Death on call

connie

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »

I admit I might be a bit thick, but the sheer scope of your arrogance never really dawned on me until now.  If you are going to so obviously set yourself above both Buzz and Wojo as the pinnacle of basketball knowledge I think you have to give the rest of us some slack when we call you on things. I know we shouldn't dare to question you, but then you wouldn't have anyone to tell how much more you know than them.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »

Why haven't either of you responded to the posts concerning Florida's situation?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »
Ners after his self imposed ban.

One of Ners self-imposed bans lasted less then 24 hours.  Another lasted 6 minutes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »
One of Ners self-imposed bans lasted less then 24 hours.  Another lasted 6 minutes.
Roughly about the same as Sultan's. See above.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 02:15:07 PM »

Then just go away.  Stop posting.  It's that simple.  You are not going to convince anybody on here that you actually know what you are talking about so for the love of all that is holy stop trying.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 02:49:14 PM »

Ignore the obvious and ignore what many, many have pointed out... and ignore that you lost this debate... ignore it and keep posting, posting posting the same garbage over and over and over... and then you question why people are upset with you!!  Really?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
Ignore the obvious and ignore what many, many have pointed out... and ignore that you lost this debate... ignore it and keep posting, posting posting the same garbage over and over and over... and then you question why people are upset with you!!  Really?

Or keep making excuse after excuse after excuse, excusing our current coach of any expectations that should coincide with this much talent on a roster.  Plus he lost Burton, which would have made it 8 Top 100 players.  The problem of course is his continued insistence to play a far less talented guy - Derrick - than any of JJJ, Cohen, or Burton. 

Yet I know - the same idiots are going to try to say none of JJJ, Cohen or Burton play Derrick's position...which demonstrates further idiocy and lack of understanding of the game.  You get your 5 best players on the court for the most amount of minutes:

Carlino
Duane
JJJ/Cohen
Burton
Luke

Yea...that would have been a nice lineup.  What could have been.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 03:01:56 PM »
Yeah I was right.  Shouldn't have bothered.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »
Mods

Please post statistics on who is on ignore for all to see.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 03:14:13 PM »
My first ignore; all I have to do is find the button to do so (man, it is right there and has now been pressed).  

I won't say anything mean as there maybe more going on in your life than I know of...  God speed Ners and I hope all works out for you.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 03:21:59 PM »
Or keep making excuse after excuse after excuse, excusing our current coach of any expectations that should coincide with this much talent on a roster.  Plus he lost Burton, which would have made it 8 Top 100 players.  The problem of course is his continued insistence to play a far less talented guy - Derrick - than any of JJJ, Cohen, or Burton. 

Yet I know - the same idiots are going to try to say none of JJJ, Cohen or Burton play Derrick's position...which demonstrates further idiocy and lack of understanding of the game.  You get your 5 best players on the court for the most amount of minutes:

Carlino
Duane
JJJ/Cohen
Burton
Luke

Ners, what is your measurement for determining the teams five 'best' players?

Seems to me that a guy whose 5th (FG%), 3rd (rebounds), 1st (assists), 4th (steals), 5th (blocks), 6th (points), 5th (eFG%), 4th (oRB%), 5th (tRB%), 1st (AST%), 4th (points produced), and 4th (win shares) would be considered one of the five best players on the roster.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 03:24:54 PM »
Some people just don't understand that there is a difference between stating an opinion (which is fine and part of civil discourse) and taking it to extremes and trying to bend others to your will (which is not).

Oh well...

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
nm

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 03:50:55 PM »

Ners and TW,

I am still waiting for your response about the University of Florida. Or Memphis. Or 12-13 Texas. Or 12-13 Kentucky. Or 13-14 Indiana. I could come up with some more if you like. All teams with more and higher ranked top 100 kids on their roster than us that had full rosters, well established coaches, and multiple players taller than Steve Taylor, that had abysmal records. Why did all of these teams fail despite tons of former top 100 kids on the roster?

My conclusion is that sometimes the top 100 rankings are wrong. Or maybe they are right at the time but then the players don't live up to those expectations. What are your takes?

Why haven't either of you responded to the posts concerning Florida's situation?

Thanks Jesmu! Didn't see you there at first.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:55:56 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 03:58:51 PM »

Carlino
Duane
JJJ/Cohen
Burton
Luke

Why is it that all of the prognosticators at the beginning of the season had MU picked towards the bottom of the Big East?  It couldn't be because everyone knew that this would be a rebuilding year, losing the majority of scoring from the previous year and having a new head coach?  Probably not.  It's probably because they ALL knew Wojo was going to play Derrick and not consult the Great and Powerful about the best lineup.

Add me to those who made the choice 1/26/15.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2015, 04:09:44 PM »
Why is it that all of the prognosticators at the beginning of the season had MU picked towards the bottom of the Big East?  It couldn't be because everyone knew that this would be a rebuilding year, losing the majority of scoring from the previous year and having a new head coach?  Probably not.  It's probably because they ALL knew Wojo was going to play Derrick and not consult the Great and Powerful about the best lineup.

Add me to those who made the choice 1/26/15.
Don't even blab about the prognosticators picking MU near the bottom of the heap. Same suspects that picked MU to win the conference last year. Very reliable!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »

Carlino
Duane
JJJ/Cohen
Burton
Luke

Ners,

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think most people, including the experts, agree with your assessment of the top 5 players. Most of us have Derrick in the top 5. In fact I think most would agree that our best lineup this season has been:

Derrick
Carlino
Duane
Juan
Luke

Most would put Burton, JjJ, Steve, Sandy, and Dawson in the bottom 5. I think there was a lot of hope (I was on this list for sure) that once Deonte got to move to the three, he would become one of the top 5. But he left before that could happen. I have never heard of a coach whose strategy was simply "play the best 5 players for max minutes no matter what." Well, I've heard of it at the high school and middle school level, when positions aren't as important, but at the college level you have to have a depth chart and play players in the positions that give the team the best chance for success.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback