[Today at 08:13:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Lennys Tap
[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Random Internet Connection Question - Mac  (Read 2101 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Random Internet Connection Question - Mac
« on: January 25, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »
Just curious if anybody has experienced what I've been experiencing and/or has a solution for it.  I have a MacBook Pro that is maybe 2 year sold?  Ever since I downloaded the most recent update there are times where if I'm just staying on one website for more than a minute or so without reloading it or loading a new website my computer will just lose connection from my Wifi.  I just have to go and select my Wifi connection again and it's fine, but it's pretty annoying when every time I go to a new webpage it brings up the "Your computer is not connected to the internet" crap and I have to do it every time.  I'm fairly certain it's the computer and not the wifi, as my phone, iPad, etc. do not have the problem at all.  Anybody have a similar experience?  It wasn't like this before the most recent software update for me...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Random Internet Connection Question - Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 12:56:16 PM »
Yep on my iPad.  Buggy with Safari always with the updates.. Apple cleans those up later.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 12:59:08 PM »
Ditch the fruit and get a Surface Pro 3

Death on call

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »
Ditch the fruit and get a Surface Pro 3

Speaking of wifi bugs...some have fruit flies, others have crabs.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/surface-pro-3-firmware-update-aims-to-fix-wi-fi-glitches/

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 01:55:30 PM »
Just curious if anybody has experienced what I've been experiencing and/or has a solution for it.  I have a MacBook Pro that is maybe 2 year sold?  Ever since I downloaded the most recent update there are times where if I'm just staying on one website for more than a minute or so without reloading it or loading a new website my computer will just lose connection from my Wifi.  I just have to go and select my Wifi connection again and it's fine, but it's pretty annoying when every time I go to a new webpage it brings up the "Your computer is not connected to the internet" crap and I have to do it every time.  I'm fairly certain it's the computer and not the wifi, as my phone, iPad, etc. do not have the problem at all.  Anybody have a similar experience?  It wasn't like this before the most recent software update for me...

It is my understanding that they updated their algorithm for looking for Wifi sources.  Basically with the goal of always keeping one on the best possible wifi connection, the computer is always searching for a better connection.  This can lead to connectivity problems at times as basically it confuses itself. 

It will be fixed soon.  One possible way to help remedy it sooner is to both reboot your router and turn off/on your computer.  Problem should be largely fixed. 

Since Macs are so good at never having problems we tend to never turn them off, just restart them.  This time, actually turn it off for awhile and then bring it back on.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »
Speaking of wifi bugs...some have fruit flies, others have crabs.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/surface-pro-3-firmware-update-aims-to-fix-wi-fi-glitches/

We are an all Surface team (since we get them for free from Mother MS) and I will say that I have never experienced a WiFi issue in the past year. I know MS pushes a lot of patches so there must be some problems but that hasn't been my experience.

Some of us have been on the win10 beta and that migration has been seamless. I think 10 will be a great upgrade over 8.

Death on call

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 03:03:51 PM »
We are an all Surface team (since we get them for free from Mother MS) and I will say that I have never experienced a WiFi issue in the past year. I know MS pushes a lot of patches so there must be some problems but that hasn't been my experience.

Some of us have been on the win10 beta and that migration has been seamless. I think 10 will be a great upgrade over 8.

And still a downgrade from Windows XP.  If given a Surface for free, I would donate it to charity for the tax write off.  MS products have been a dismal failure for a decade.

brandx

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 01:06:22 AM »
And still a downgrade from Windows XP.  If given a Surface for free, I would donate it to charity for the tax write off.  MS products have been a dismal failure for a decade.

No doubt that XP was rock solid, but Windows 7 was also very nice and solid.

Don't have much use for 8 or 8.1, but I'll be putting 10 on a VM soon for testing - although when it comes to tablets, I'll stick with my iPad.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 05:11:39 PM »
New iOS update came through with bug fixes.  This one seems fixed on Safari.

feedback