[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Poll: Who would you like to be the starting PG the rest of the year

Derrick
71 (64%)
Duane
40 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: January 25, 2015, 09:10:34 PM

Author Topic: Starting PG  (Read 18890 times)

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Re: Starting PG
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015, 04:14:58 PM »
Are you *still* thinking that the point guard that recently transferred to Liberty-f*ckin'-University was the answer last year?  Unreal.

Just because someone plays at a lower tier, doesn't mean they couldnt do a better job. I would take Keifer Sykes all day over Derrick and he plays for UWGB. I think the good news for everyone, is that Derrick has 12 more games and then we can all turn the page!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »
Just because someone plays at a lower tier, doesn't mean they couldnt do a better job. I would take Keifer Sykes all day over Derrick and he plays for UWGB. I think the good news for everyone, is that Derrick has 12 more games and then we can all turn the page!

Of course the difference is that Dawson dropped DOWN to that level.  Whereas if Sykes wanted to transfer, he would have all sorts of suitors to move UP to this level.

Completely different.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 04:20:58 PM »

Of course the difference is that Dawson dropped DOWN to that level.  Whereas if Sykes wanted to transfer, he would have all sorts of suitors to move UP to this level.

Completely different.

Randy Moss went from FSU to Marshall.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2015, 04:22:13 PM »

C'mon, you can do better than this.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2015, 04:24:14 PM »
C'mon, you can do better than this.

It briefly changed to subject by way of your response so I think it's mission accomplished.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2015, 04:26:37 PM »
It briefly changed to subject by way of your response so I think it's mission accomplished.

Touche

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2015, 04:27:40 PM »

Yeah...because he violated his probation and was kicked off the team. Pretty sure that analogy doesn't really apply here.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2015, 04:28:49 PM »

Completely different.

And of course Sykes got massive playing time from the drop - 29.2 minutes per game as a freshman - to build a resume.

Furthermore Dawson had options at Texas Tech, Colorado, Wyoming - even with such a limited "resume" as far as what he could point to in the way of production/opportunity.

He chose Liberty as there is 100% certainty that he'll get MAX minutes from the start, and after what he endured last year and this year - can you blame him for wanting to go somewhere and know 100% confident he'll play a ton?

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »
Yeah...because he violated his probation and was kicked off the team. Pretty sure that analogy doesn't really apply here.

Apparently I have to use teal with you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »
Apparently I have to use teal with you.

Fair enough ;)

These days have had enough back-and-forth that I think I'm in desperate need of some teal :D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »
Right. Dawson didn't choose Texas Tech and Wyoming because he would be a back up. Just like here. Very simple. There isn't a great record of players transferring down a level for playing time reasons and then performing at such a high level that the original school regrets it. I doubt MU will miss him but I wish him nothing but success.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »
Right. Dawson didn't choose Texas Tech and Wyoming because he would be a back up. Just like here. Very simple. There isn't a great record of players transferring down a level for playing time reasons and then performing at such a high level that the original school regrets it. I doubt MU will miss him but I wish him nothing but success.

Perhaps he would be a back up, maybe he wouldn't.  But, given what his first 1.5 years were in college - have no doubt you or anyone else with D-1 talent would be chomping at the bit to play in games on a regular basis.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »
Alotta these assumptions are wrong, both schools (Wyoming and Texas Tech) didn't have a Scholarship available until the latter part the year and he wanted start school in January (which he did at Liberty)... Murray State, Colorado, Texas Tech or Hawaii all schools who called had the same situation no scholie... He's happy to play for a team and coach who wanted him. So it is what it is.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:52:43 PM by Nevada233 »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
And of course Sykes got massive playing time from the drop - 29.2 minutes per game as a freshman - to build a resume.

Furthermore Dawson had options at Texas Tech, Colorado, Wyoming - even with such a limited "resume" as far as what he could point to in the way of production/opportunity.

He chose Liberty as there is 100% certainty that he'll get MAX minutes from the start, and after what he endured last year and this year - can you blame him for wanting to go somewhere and know 100% confident he'll play a ton?

So two major conference teams expressed an interest in him, but only if he came without a scholarship. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2015, 05:26:55 PM »
The team's record speaks for itself.  As do the players stats.  Agree to disagree.  We missed the NIT last year.  It wasn't going to get worse..for the 1,000th time.  LOL. 

Well, I'm glad to know that at least you realize you repeat the same crap over and over again. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
He's happy to play for a team and coach who wanted him. So it is what it is.

You sure Dale Layer will be there to want him?  Liberty is just brutally awful in the Big South. Layer is not getting the job done there. For a school looking to upgrade conferences, I highly doubt he makes it to next season with this record this far into his burn.

http://www.bigsouthsports.com/sports/mens-basketball

feedback