[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Groom Duane Wilson as PG NOW  (Read 44294 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Groom Duane Wilson as PG NOW
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »

Yeah, but did he play in high school???
Your pledge to stop responding to Ners did not last very long, Sultan.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »

Umm, umm, frog legs!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »

I didn't respond to Ners.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2015, 06:42:52 PM »
I didn't respond to Ners.
No you did not, but we all know who the slam was intended for. Don't try to be cute, because it ain't.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »
I suppose that I wouldn't be shocked that this happened, but I'd be interested to know how you heard about it.

By listening to Dickie Simpkins call about 25 of our games in the past 2 years and never having much of anything complimentary to say, and then out of the blue, he just couldn't and wouldn't shut up about the player.  Use some common sense.  Plus the praise is so over the top, it lacks credibility.

The former Villanova coach who rarely calls our games, Lappas, was incredulous watching how Creighton defended the player.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2015, 07:10:11 PM »
By listening to Dickie Simpkins call about 25 of our games in the past 2 years and never having much of anything complimentary to say, and then out of the blue, he just couldn't and wouldn't shut up about the player.  Use some common sense.  Plus the praise is so over the top, it lacks credibility.

The former Villanova coach who rarely calls our games, Lappas, was incredulous watching how Creighton defended the player.

Ners I have a tiger rock I'll sell you....keeps tigers away.  Good deal if you are interested
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »

Maybe because Derrick is playing better this season than last season?

Its really never the simple answer for you is it? Always a plot.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2015, 08:26:25 PM »
By listening to Dickie Simpkins

That was your first mistake.

The second half was much more pleasant on mute.  I think I'll do it every time unless Raff or Donny Marshall has the call.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »
Maybe because Derrick is playing better this season than last season?

Its really never the simple answer for you is it? Always a plot.

He is playing better this year. He was absolutely awful last year, this year he's been mediocre to average on his best nights. Great kid and all that other stuff, just not a PG who's going to lead a team anywhere but the bottom of the league standings. For reference, check where we finished last year and currently sit now.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2015, 09:06:16 PM »
He is playing better this year. He was absolutely awful last year, this year he's been mediocre to average on his best nights. Great kid and all that other stuff, just not a PG who's going to lead a team anywhere but the bottom of the league standings. For reference, check where we finished last year and currently sit now.
Today, Derrick had a nice first half and even had a quasi dunk.  Second half was awful.  Same sequence as the SJU game.  Juan had a tough game again today as well.  Our returning seniors are what they are.  Great representatives of MU with undeniable great effort.  Just lack great overall skills.  That is reflected in the Ws-Ls, unfortunately.  They are what they are and there have not been been a lot of immediate and ready alternatives.  Enjoy the development of the young guys and move on to next year.  I've been following MU for 60 years now.  No reason to get down on these kids. They are what they are and the program is in transition.  Let's G Warriors.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2015, 10:22:41 PM »
Quasi dunk?  Is that like a bad assist?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2015, 10:37:46 PM »
Quasi dunk?  Is that like a bad assist?

The play by play guy called it a trifecta.  He got the dunk, the foul, and White got taken out of the game after fouling Derrick.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2015, 12:20:36 AM »
By listening to Dickie Simpkins call about 25 of our games in the past 2 years and never having much of anything complimentary to say, and then out of the blue, he just couldn't and wouldn't shut up about the player.  Use some common sense.  Plus the praise is so over the top, it lacks credibility.

Geez, Simpkins is a bad commentator.  What gets me is when he sounds like a 15 year old girl with his "OMG", and "hashtag ..." after a nice play by someone. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2015, 05:46:29 AM »
No you did not, but we all know who the slam was intended for. Don't try to be cute, because it ain't.

Pretty sure "did he play in high school" has become Scoop's most common and ridiculous meme.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »
Geez, Simpkins is a bad commentator.  What gets me is when he sounds like a 15 year old girl with his "OMG", and "hashtag ..." after a nice play by someone. 
Hashtag has become the new buzz word for the socially connected wannabes. It means absolutely nothing.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2015, 08:52:53 AM »
Hashtag has become the new buzz word for the socially connected wannabes. It means absolutely nothing.

That's exactly what I mean with Simpkins, it's like he's trying to impress the 20 somethings, and he just sounds ridiculous. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2015, 08:54:00 AM »

#youareold

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2015, 09:16:36 AM »

Actually, it means they don't know what a number sign is.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2015, 11:03:52 AM »
nm

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2015, 11:20:28 AM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2015, 11:54:44 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2015, 12:32:14 PM »
Today, Derrick had a nice first half and even had a quasi dunk.  Second half was awful.  Same sequence as the SJU game.  Juan had a tough game again today as well.  Our returning seniors are what they are.  Great representatives of MU with undeniable great effort.  Just lack great overall skills.  That is reflected in the Ws-Ls, unfortunately.  They are what they are and there have not been been a lot of immediate and ready alternatives.  Enjoy the development of the young guys and move on to next year.  I've been following MU for 60 years now.  No reason to get down on these kids. They are what they are and the program is in transition.  Let's G Warriors.
I not sure why you thought the second half was worse than the first. I believe he made two layups in the second half. Derrick also often was guarding the big center. The guy sitting behind me said he thought that Derrick look like an ankle bitter guarding Smith. A 6-2 215 pound player having to guard a 6-10 350lb player is going to take a toll on the rest of his game. It was too bad that Smith became ineligible last year, because I really wanted to see a matchup between him and Gardner.

Dawson Rental

• All American

chapman

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2015, 07:07:58 PM »
Seriously, we need to start winning some games just to avoid being assigned the D team.  Other than Donny Marshall, the announcers we've had lately are terrible.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2015, 10:21:09 PM »
That's exactly what I mean with Simpkins, it's like he's trying to impress the 20 somethings, and he just sounds ridiculous. 
I enjoy it when Simpkins covers our games. He takes the time to understand our kids.

feedback