[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Noskowiak Taking Online Classes  (Read 32077 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Noskowiak Taking Online Classes
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2015, 03:14:11 PM »
Maybe a redshirt?  I mean right now we have 3 openings *with* Nick if no one else leaves.  Do we feel that all three will be filled?

If I were guessing, I'd think we'll at least have offers out for all the spots. I think at least 2 will get filled, but guess the staff probably want to fill all 3.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2015, 03:17:44 PM »
If I were guessing, I'd think we'll at least have offers out for all the spots. I think at least 2 will get filled, but guess the staff probably want to fill all 3.

Which they could do and still have Nick here.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2015, 03:24:18 PM »
A close reading of Nicks Twitter account makes me very concerned about his situation. He has obviously run from something in Sun Prairie. I also question the Depression diagnosis as the sole source of his problems.. Before every one starts ranting, I have plenty of experience with depression in the family .  For example, He has not lost interest in the things that are meaningful to him. My gut instinct is this is more of a bump in the road in high school. Obviously a big bump.

Someone should also tell him that he is going to have to answer a very detailed battery of medical questions prior to be allowed to participate in intercollegiate athletics. He will have to have his own doctor sign off on his healthy status as well as the schools.

I really like this kid as he has done a lot for MU before ever wearing our uniform. I hope he can find some equilibrium soon.

You make youself seem really ignorant reading ANYTHING into a social media tweet.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2015, 03:38:08 PM »
Thoughts and prayers Nick. We're pulling for your recovery.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2015, 04:16:32 PM »
You make youself seem really ignorant reading ANYTHING into a social media tweet.

Yeah no kidding.  I don't care what kind of playing and coaching background TW has, the fact that he's calling out a 17/18 year old kid for "running" from something and using depression as an excuse to hide something is beyond absurd, and to suggest that he'll magically find peace when he realizes he won't receive an athletic scholarship if he's still "faking" depression...well, I really have no words to describe that.  The fact that it's apparently coming from a relative of a current player is sad and, if true, TW should probably refrain from posting on Marquette forums for his own good and the good of the player that he's supposedly related to.  Not smart, at all.  If you are who people say you are, seriously, please stop posting stuff like this, and if you can't, just stop posting at all.  (In fact, whether or not you're a relative of a player on the team or a recruit or whoever, how about not posting anything like this?)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2015, 05:46:13 PM »
Yeah no kidding.  I don't care what kind of playing and coaching background TW has, the fact that he's calling out a 17/18 year old kid for "running" from something and using depression as an excuse to hide something is beyond absurd, and to suggest that he'll magically find peace when he realizes he won't receive an athletic scholarship if he's still "faking" depression...well, I really have no words to describe that.  The fact that it's apparently coming from a relative of a current player is sad and, if true, TW should probably refrain from posting on Marquette forums for his own good and the good of the player that he's supposedly related to.  Not smart, at all.  If you are who people say you are, seriously, please stop posting stuff like this, and if you can't, just stop posting at all.  (In fact, whether or not you're a relative of a player on the team or a recruit or whoever, how about not posting anything like this?)
+1

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2015, 06:56:18 PM »
Wow...

@NickNoskowiak: I wasn't ever depressed or never saught treatment for depression... I had to get out of an abusive household and father
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2015, 06:58:35 PM »
Wow...

@NickNoskowiak: I wasn't ever depressed or never saught treatment for depression... I had to get out of an abusive household and father

I think the fact that he moved in with his uncle kind of tipped off where the problem was stemming from.  But there's nothing positive that is going to come from speculating on his situation.  Just wish the kid the best and hope everything works out, most importantly for his life.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »
It is in everyone's best interest to stay out of this one.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2015, 08:15:19 PM »
I think the fact that he moved in with his uncle kind of tipped off where the problem was stemming from.  But there's nothing positive that is going to come from speculating on his situation.  Just wish the kid the best and hope everything works out, most importantly for his life.

Yep. There's nothing wrong with lying to potentially preserve the relationship with his father/family, but he shouldn't have used depression as a smokescreen.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2015, 08:17:53 PM »
Yep. There's nothing wrong with lying to potentially preserve the relationship with his father/family, but he shouldn't have used depression as a smokescreen.

Seems like it would have been wiser to have said nothing at all.  Yet I rarely use "wisdom" and "teenager" in the same sentence.  Unless it's to say the latter has little of the former.  Heck, I didn't.   ;)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2015, 08:20:07 PM »

I'm with Tower that it is best to stay out of this one.  We have no idea of the actual situations.  Everyone is just speculating.  For one, it is perfectly possible to be suffering depression because of an abusive relationship and deny that you are getting treatment.

The reason, the stigma associated with all of it.

The one thing we know for sure is that Nick is going through a lot right now, the details are insignificant.  It is best that we let him deal with everything and not speculate or try to interpret anything around the story.  Lets just leave this alone.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »
It is in everyone's best interest to stay out of this one.   

And perhaps apologize to Texas Western. Those of you that jumped on him look like fools.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2015, 08:24:31 PM »
I'd say Texas Western has an apology coming from several here.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:24 PM »
I'm with Tower that it is best to stay out of this one.  We have no idea of the actual situations.  Everyone is just speculating.  For one, it is perfectly possible to be suffering depression because of an abusive relationship and deny that you are getting treatment.

The reason, the stigma associated with all of it.

The one thing we know for sure is that Nick is going through a lot right now, the details are insignificant.  It is best that we let him deal with everything and not speculate or try to interpret anything around the story.  Lets just leave this alone.

+1.

And perhaps apologize to Texas Western. Those of you that jumped on him look like fools.

Absolutely not.  Texas Western posted about how Nick was running from something, making him look like some kind of punk who got into trouble.  That's not even close to the case.  I have no problem with a teenager trying to cover up family trouble by putting the weight on his own shoulders.  I do have a problem with an adult trying to make the kid look like the kid is the problem here, based on his Twitter account no less.  It remains absolutely ridiculous.

Like I said, no good can come from speculating about what Nick is going through.  The details are insignificant, the point is he's going through a rough time and none of us know what's going on.  All we should be doing is hoping for the best for the kid, not speculating that he is the problem.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2015, 12:42:56 AM »
Still, thoughts and prayers Nick.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2015, 01:03:15 AM »
Assuming it's catching up in WI, but my district in AZ has had online classes for probably 10 years that meet state and NCAA eligibility standards.  The challenge is many non-accredited online programs don't meet NCAA requirements.  The other challenge is that online HS classes are MUCH harder than in person. 

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2015, 07:01:32 AM »

Apologize to TW for trying to psychoanalyze one of our kids based on a twitter post.  Honestly, why should we be apologizing to him?  Also, he was pretty critical of one of our recruits that turns out has some very personal stuff going on in his life, which is as serious as suffering depression.