[Today at 06:19:23 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak Taking Online Classes  (Read 32168 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Noskowiak Taking Online Classes
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2015, 02:19:03 PM »
A lot of information that is really useful to the discussion.  Thank you, sir.

So their seems to be a lot of confusion about online classes.  As someone who works not only as classroom teacher, but also as an online teacher for a couple of virtual programs allow me to shine some light

1. Most Virtual schools are tied to a particular district
-The largest in this state are Wisconsin Virtual Academy which i belief is operated by a very small up north school district
-JEDI which is the Virtual school for Sun Prairie, Stoughton, Lake Mills, Marshall (Other Eastern Dane/Western Jeff County Schools)
-Racine Virtual Learning
-Students do not need to live in the district to enroll in the virtual academy.  The virtual academy can be enrolled through "Open Enrollment" or Someone like Noskowiak probably was able to start right away because he enrolled in JEDI most likely. 

2. Virtual program credits are actual HS credits.   
-Almost every student in the Racine Unified school district has has to take a virtual credit or a CTC credit for a year and these courses are coded just like any other class is coded within our enrollment system with the exception that their is a "V" in front of the course number.  These classes by the way have all been accepted by other institutions.

3. These are nothing like "Correspondence" courses
-Many of these classes especially with WVA and Racine virtual use "Blackboard" like Learning Systems where classes are taught both Synchronous and Asynchronous.   Many of these classes are hard to finish if the student is not intelligent, and because you get less guidance the rate of failure is harder, and so is the course load.     

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015, 03:21:04 PM »
I realize I shouldn't follow a kids Twitter account but NN needs to realize the public has access to his comments.  The kid needs some maturing.  He's ranting:

about @NickNoskowiak: ur not telling me what I can/cannot put on my twitter.. ima tweet/retweet what I want to... Thats why its MY twitter.. lmao

Frankly if my kid tweeted some of the stuff he has in the past about girls, homework, etc I'd be pissed.

I had similar concerns reading McKay's twitter a couple of years ago and then his changed/somebody likely talked to him.  Somebody needs to set NN straight as he doesn't paint a good impression of himself on Twitter.
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 10:29:11 PM »
I realize I shouldn't follow a kids Twitter account but NN needs to realize the public has access to his comments.  The kid needs some maturing.  He's ranting:

about @NickNoskowiak: ur not telling me what I can/cannot put on my twitter.. ima tweet/retweet what I want to... Thats why its MY twitter.. lmao

Frankly if my kid tweeted some of the stuff he has in the past about girls, homework, etc I'd be pissed.

I had similar concerns reading McKay's twitter a couple of years ago and then his changed/somebody likely talked to him.  Somebody needs to set NN straight as he doesn't paint a good impression of himself on Twitter.
A close reading of Nicks Twitter account makes me very concerned about his situation. He has obviously run from something in Sun Prairie. I also question the Depression diagnosis as the sole source of his problems.. Before every one starts ranting, I have plenty of experience with depression in the family .  For example, He has not lost interest in the things that are meaningful to him. My gut instinct is this is more of a bump in the road in high school. Obviously a big bump.

Someone should also tell him that he is going to have to answer a very detailed battery of medical questions prior to be allowed to participate in intercollegiate athletics. He will have to have his own doctor sign off on his healthy status as well as the schools.

I really like this kid as he has done a lot for MU before ever wearing our uniform. I hope he can find some equilibrium soon.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »
A close reading of Nicks Twitter account makes me very concerned about his situation. He has obviously run from something in Sun Prairie. I also question the Depression diagnosis as the sole source of his problems.. Before every one starts ranting, I have plenty of experience with depression in the family .  For example, He has not lost interest in the things that are meaningful to him. My gut instinct is this is more of a bump in the road in high school. Obviously a big bump.

Someone should also tell him that he is going to have to answer a very detailed battery of medical questions prior to be allowed to participate in intercollegiate athletics. He will have to have his own doctor sign off on his healthy status as well as the schools.

I really like this kid as he has done a lot for MU before ever wearing our uniform. I hope he can find some equilibrium soon.

Have you ever met the kid?  Talked to him?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »
Have you ever met the kid?  Talked to him?
Actually Yes.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »
Actually Yes.

And he told you what every interest he had was? And you've talked to him since and know he hasn't lost any of them? That's cool. I'd like to hear what some of them were.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2015, 11:15:36 PM »

Seriously, you got all that from his twitter.  Man, you're either nuts or one hell of a psychological detective. 

People need to stop reading twitter and trying to determine everything out about a kid.  Its kinda weird.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2015, 11:20:14 PM »
And he told you what every interest he had was? And you've talked to him since and know he hasn't lost any of them? That's cool. I'd like to hear what some of them were.
Go look at the kids twitter page. It is all there for you to see. He will work his way through the problems quickly when he realizes he has to get a medical authorization to play intercollegiate sports. Mark my words on that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2015, 11:25:43 PM »
Go look at the kids twitter page. It is all there for you to see. He will work his way through the problems quickly when he realizes he has to get a medical authorization to play intercollegiate sports. Mark my words on that.

I'm thinking you should probably stop calling the kid a liar.

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:30 PM »
You can't tell if someone has depression by looking at there twitter.

Just support the kid

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2015, 11:32:52 PM »
You can't tell if someone has depression by looking at there twitter.

Just support the kid
Their is the correct spelling. It is my opinion and I will stick by it. I do support the kid.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 11:35:08 PM »
I'm thinking you should probably stop calling the kid a liar.

It is truly amazing what some people will speculate on.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I do post on Scoop!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2015, 07:52:21 AM »
Bunch of white knights in here. This thread is like a tumblr.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2015, 09:52:40 AM »
I believe online classes are administered through the high school so they would count as any teacher taught course.  Secondly  online courses are great for talented, motivated kids.  Being able to blow through material and courses to suit their motivation and intelligence instead of being straddled with a single pace for all.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2015, 10:14:37 AM »
It is truly amazing what some people will speculate on.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I do post on Scoop!

There is a group of people on here who think nothing about posting with clear speculation about the mindsets of 18-22 year olds.  Why would anyone be surprised that someone has decided to make a mental health diagnosis as well?

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »
I looked at the twitter page.  There is NO INDICATION what so ever as to who the whole "don't tell me what to post" is directed.  It could be a joke, or referencing something his parents said.  Such wild speculation is dangerous.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2015, 11:16:54 AM »
Wow. Some of you seem to have absolutely lost it. Its twitter. Get a grip.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2015, 12:13:36 PM »
My point in posting that is that Nick needs to understand that he is in the public Eye now.  I realize kids make mistakes, but I would tell him the same thing I tell my own kids...be careful what you put on social media.  If you're posting garbage about sex, partying, inappropriate jokes, cheating.... It can all come back to bite you. Someday employers and colleagues will look at your social media. It can affect your ability to get a job, get a scholarship. It creates bad first impressions.  Why the hell be so careless when there is so much at stake?
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2015, 12:18:29 PM »
Are people assuming Wojo told him to stop tweeting that "stuff"?

"ur not telling me what I can/cannot put on my twitter.. ima tweet/retweet what I want to... Thats why its MY twitter.. lmao"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2015, 12:21:29 PM »
My point in posting that is that Nick needs to understand that he is in the public Eye now.  I realize kids make mistakes, but I would tell him the same thing I tell my own kids...be careful what you put on social media.  If you're posting garbage about sex, partying, inappropriate jokes, cheating.... It can all come back to bite you. Someday employers and colleagues will look at your social media. It can affect your ability to get a job, get a scholarship. It creates bad first impressions.  Why the hell be so careless when there is so much at stake?

I agree with the idea, but I looked at his twitter and there is nothing there that would create a bad first impression or would be objectionable.  Everything he as on there is consistent with what one would expect from a normal 17/18 yr old kid.

People need to quit looking at twitter, and if they can't do that, stop trying to interpret/judge based on what they read.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »
Are people assuming Wojo told him to stop tweeting that "stuff"?

"ur not telling me what I can/cannot put on my twitter.. ima tweet/retweet what I want to... Thats why its MY twitter.. lmao"

I don't think that anyone is implying that that tweet was directed at Wojo or anyone from MU.

Since he replied with a tweet, I assume that he was responding to someone else's tweet.  I guess I'll never know for sure because I have no interest in digging through his tweets to try and find what he was responding to.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:34:37 PM by LittleWade »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »
Really pulling for Nick. I've seen depression wreck a life and hopefully he has the help and support he needs to not just overcome this in the short term but continue to win the battle in the long term.

All that said, it will be interesting to see how this impacts our class. My guess is Marquette will remain committed to Nick, but will that mean they keep him on an athletic scholarship? This has to be a tough situation for Wojo, because you want to give all the support you can, but at the same time need to use every scholarship at your disposal to stay competitive. Will this increase our push for either a freshman or JUCO point guard? That's definitely been a priority of late. Will be interesting to see who ends up being the next guy to receive an offer.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2015, 03:08:25 PM »
Maybe a redshirt?  I mean right now we have 3 openings *with* Nick if no one else leaves.  Do we feel that all three will be filled?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »
http://m.host.madison.com/sports/9ca1347a-a654-11e4-911e-8f7cd505f017.html?mobile_touch=true

Only thing I find odd is that his Dad is saying Nick isn't living with his Uncle in Depere.

A week ago Nick told the WSJ that he is "taking online classes after moving in with his uncle in Depere"

feedback