[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Myron's 10 Most Disappointing Teams  (Read 63169 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Myron's 10 Most Disappointing Teams
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 03:42:53 PM »
Any chance Myron is also Hoopaloop?

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2015, 03:46:08 PM »
I wrote him a strongly worded email, and this is what I got back. What a doucher.

"Thanks for the page views. Only helps me in the long run! As far as your issues with my writing, well, your displaying a lot of classic traits of the typical MU fan. You can't take any criticism at all, and you act like it's still the 70's. It's not the 70's, my friend. Its is the 20th century! MU is a really nice mid-major program. Occasionally, theyll get some good players and make a run at a tournament bid, and that's great. But, they are never going to be able to compete with the large conferences. I'm sorry, they just don't have the budget for it. MU doesn't have the money or the infrastructure to compete with the major schools. Anyways, thanks again for the read, and good luck to MU this season."

Can't tell if more trolls...

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »
 Re: Mike Hunt' Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 09:45:37 AM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated but related.

How in the world did Myron Medcalf's completely biased coverage of the gophers in the Star Tribune land him a leading job covering Mens basketball at ESPN? There wasn't a game or player he didn't like and Minn was always one of the best teams in the conf even if they didn't have the record to back it up.

2 years ago i added this blurb in a mike hunt thread. Nostradamus? i think so. He is bad.

And i got this as a reply from MuFan2:
What in the f are you talking about, Schmidty?  

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2015, 03:52:48 PM »
I twittered at him "how can you be so ignorant about #mubb to write stuff like this?"

His response "Sometimes programs and their fans need to recognize their true value"

Jerk
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2015, 03:53:14 PM »
I wrote him a strongly worded email, and this is what I got back. What a doucher.

"Thanks for the page views. Only helps me in the long run! As far as your issues with my writing, well, your displaying a lot of classic traits of the typical MU fan. You can't take any criticism at all, and you act like it's still the 70's. It's not the 70's, my friend. Its is the 20th century! MU is a really nice mid-major program. Occasionally, theyll get some good players and make a run at a tournament bid, and that's great. But, they are never going to be able to compete with the large conferences. I'm sorry, they just don't have the budget for it. MU doesn't have the money or the infrastructure to compete with the major schools. Anyways, thanks again for the read, and good luck to MU this season."

A troll within a troll, Leo would be proud.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »
Can't tell if more trolls...

It has to be.  Has. To. Be.

If not (playing devil's advocate just for giggles) some highlights:  1) he essentially adopted Benny's troll as his own work even though he didn't write it; 2) your vs. you're; 3) 20th century.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2015, 03:57:35 PM »
I twittered at him "how can you be so ignorant about #mubb to write stuff like this?"

His response "Sometimes programs and their fans need to recognize their true value"

Jerk

I take that to mean he doesn't value the quality of his own work, or that he's lazy.  Certain programs deserve his hard work, and certain ones don't...deal with it.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2015, 04:03:25 PM »
Poor Myron admitted today that he's a troll rather than a journalist, basically the online CBB version of Skip Bayless. Forgive me for my lack of sympathy.

Link?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2015, 04:08:13 PM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »
A troll within a troll, Leo would be proud.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 04:23:06 PM »
Best thread of the new year!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 04:53:19 PM »
Link?

You can get to the full conversation through my Twitter account, @brewcity77, but here's the salient bits:

Quote from: @MedcalfByESPN
For the record, I still don't think Marquette is a great job.

Quote from: @brewcity77
Only because you're a gutless sycophant, embracing the anti-BE bias from ESPN

I bathe in that bias. I eat it for breakfast. It consumes me...So many Milwaukee haters. I know your type.

You are admitting to being a troll that seeks out bias to justify his actions. That's just pathetic.

Your job is to accurately and fairly report, instead you make uninformed, poorly researched statements & call it journalism.

Don't tell me what my job is. I don't work for you, Alan. And I'm allowed to offer opinions in various formats.

Oh, did I strike a nerve? Poor Myron, he gets defensive when people call him on his BS.

So pretty much what I gather, he is saying he puts BS comments out there just to get a reaction and to incite bias and his job is NOT to accurately and fairly report (hello, Skip). He's just a paid troll.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »
OK just to summarize for everyone what has gone down in this thread/real life

Benny trolled MUScoop with a fake addition to a Myron Medcalf article
Scoopers, including myself, thought it was real
Some people thought it was so real they "attacked" Medcalf on twitter
Meanwhile in this thread other people retrolled with follow on "emails" and "twitter exchanges", including myself
This further enraged Scoopers who don't read the whole thread
Meanwhile, Medcalf is goaded on twitter into saying he thinks MU is a bad job
Brewcity gets in a twitter "altercation" with Myron in which Myron outs himself as an ESPN troll ala Skip Bayless

I think we can close down the internet for the day, our work here is done.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2015, 05:45:43 PM »
Inception type stuff going on
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2015, 05:55:42 PM »
Best thread of the new year!

This is the best thread going back a few years.

Man, Benny should be King of Scoop for a month after this.  This is some pretty damn impressive work.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2015, 05:57:32 PM »
Still doesn't change my attitude towards Metcalf, who probably has his Marquette rejection letter framed above his desk in his den.
SS Marquette

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2015, 06:52:11 PM »
Oh Benny, this is so epic that I think it may make it's way into a meme.  You have managed to troll the MUScoop community so hard that they are going after the journalist on twitter.....all this AFTER admitting you were a troll.  This is some next level s#$t and it really makes me question the intelligence of our internet fan base

On the contrary, Eng, I think it speaks to the intelligence - or at the very least, cognizance - of our fan base; after all, had none of us been tuned into the reality of just how ignominious Medcalf's writing actually is, this thread would had the lifespan of a first time poster's broken English thread-itorial about Gucci knockoffs.

The inherent genius of parody eminates from the audience; the author is, at best, merely a muse.  And indeed, I am amused.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2015, 06:56:42 PM »
On the contrary, Eng, I think it speaks to the intelligence - or at the very least, cognizance - of our fan base; after all, had none of us been tuned into the reality of just how ignominious Medcalf's writing actually is, this thread would had the lifespan of a first time poster's broken English thread-itorial about Gucci knockoffs.

The inherent genius of parody eminates from the audience; the author is, at best, merely a muse.  And indeed, I am amused.

Stephen King, is that you?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2015, 06:57:13 PM »
The fact that he keeps defending himself is laughable. Has anyone mentioned Ellenson to him yet?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2015, 07:04:48 PM »
And people...still...don't...get...it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2015, 07:07:39 PM »
And people...still...don't...get...it.

That's also the funny part. One epic troll job by Benny. Medcalf also bit with brew.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »
Guys as brewcity pointed out...Benny did this.  He's the troll.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2015, 07:25:54 PM »

And I think that's the biggest issue. Is that Myron is so bad at what he does. Bennys troll job was so believable to a lot here. That speaks volumes of the content Medcalf puts out.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2015, 07:30:53 PM »
Myron is a complete jag and we should all let him know what a douche he is. F that guy.