[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Myron's 10 Most Disappointing Teams  (Read 63287 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Myron's 10 Most Disappointing Teams
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
At a cursory read, I didn't notice any other glaring grammatical errors, so this has to be a troll one way or the other.

I had considered doing just that add a certain level of consistency/authenticity, but I figured that leaving the rest of it as is would have made my satirical intent clear without reasonably requiring the use of any teal.  Never have I been so deviously proud of myself to extend a mea culpa, so here goes:

My bad.

PS:   Bwah haha hahahahhahaha.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
I had considered doing just that add a certain level of consistency/authenticity, but I figured that leaving the rest of it as is would have made my satirical intent clear without reasonably requiring the use of any teal.  Never have I been so deviously proud of myself to extend a mea culpa, so here goes:

My bad.

PS:   Bwah haha hahahahhahaha.

BTW, you caught Paint Touches.

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 12:33:10 PM »
Myron is still a moron.  Marquette doesn't play in the Cell (which is the same thing he said this spring).  

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10987296/looking-bad-head-coaching-jobs-college-basketball

Dude has a serious hang up about Marquette.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2013/story/_/page/expertMedcalf130325/2013-ncaa-tournament-how-selection-committee-reseed-sweet-16

There was also this gem. Good ole' Myron had MU at 16th, 3 spots behind a 15 seed. Rick Majerus must have ate his lunch or something.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 12:44:43 PM »
I had considered doing just that add a certain level of consistency/authenticity, but I figured that leaving the rest of it as is would have made my satirical intent clear without reasonably requiring the use of any teal.  Never have I been so deviously proud of myself to extend a mea culpa, so here goes:

My bad.

I, for one, applaud you sir ;)

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »

My bad.

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »
How did you all fall for that so hard? Jeez scoop. Step it up!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 12:58:10 PM »

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 12:58:37 PM »

Truly good satire is both unbelievable and plausible at the same time.  Not sure if our gulliblility is a compliment to Benny's wit, or a pretty awful commentary on Myron's "journalism."

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 01:00:35 PM »
ESPN is on a roll in the past 10 days with subtle jabs at the Big East.  

1.) On NYE, Stu Jackson hilariously called out ESPN on Twitter because they had a graphic showing the "top basketball conferences in the country" and their respective records and winning percentage in out of conference games.  It listed the Big 12, ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC (in that order).  The Big East is 2nd (ahead of the ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC) in OOC winning percentage.  Whether it was irresponsible journalism or a bias against a non-ESPN property, it was not-factual and incorrect.

2.) On Monday, Jeff Goodman said in his Insider-only blog on ESPN, ""There were minimal expectations entering the season, but now everyone is touting the league as one of the elite after a strong non-league performance. However, I’m still not buying that it’s one of the top three leagues in the country."  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but considering his employer, and the lack of facts that he and his colleagues use in creating their stance, the viewpoint is just plain wrong.  The Big East is a top-5 conference in terms of SOS, RPI and OOC winning percentage.

3.) Now, on to Myron's article.  He incorrectly says that Marquette plays at the wrong arena, lists the DePaul game as a "home" game, and says that the Providence game was a road game, all facts that could easily be checked with a simple 5-minute search.  

ESPN (regarding the Big East) is either a irresponsible news outlet, repeatedly ignoring facts that show the Big East as an elite basketball conference, or they and their journalists are a biased media source against the league since they no longer own the rights to broadcast the games (since they unsuccessfully tried to destroy the league in the 2005-2013 rounds of expansion) and will do everything they can to de-legitimize and ignore the league and it's teams.  

In either case, I am so thankful and glad that we are now on Fox Sports 1.  They have done an excellent job marketing our league (running ads during Fox NFL playoffs and seeing Marquette and the other schools in a commercial was awesome), the fact we have Bill Raferty and Gus Johnson doing games makes it all the better.

ESPN can enjoy showing Tulane/East Carolina, Tulsa/UCF, Houston/USF on ESPN 2 and ESPNU.  The amount of empty seats at those games on TV made Allstate Arena look like Madison Square Garden.  

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2015, 01:09:58 PM »
3.) Now, on to Myron's article.  He incorrectly says that Marquette plays at the wrong arena, lists the DePaul game as a "home" game, and says that the Providence game was a road game, all facts that could easily be checked with a simple 5-minute search.  

This "example" could have also been easily checked with a simple 30-second search.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »
ESPN is on a roll in the past 10 days with subtle jabs at the Big East.  

1.) On NYE, Stu Jackson hilariously called out ESPN on Twitter because they had a graphic showing the "top basketball conferences in the country" and their respective records and winning percentage in out of conference games.  It listed the Big 12, ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC (in that order).  The Big East is 2nd (ahead of the ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC) in OOC winning percentage.  Whether it was irresponsible journalism or a bias against a non-ESPN property, it was not-factual and incorrect.

2.) On Monday, Jeff Goodman said in his Insider-only blog on ESPN, ""There were minimal expectations entering the season, but now everyone is touting the league as one of the elite after a strong non-league performance. However, I’m still not buying that it’s one of the top three leagues in the country."  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but considering his employer, and the lack of facts that he and his colleagues use in creating their stance, the viewpoint is just plain wrong.  The Big East is a top-5 conference in terms of SOS, RPI and OOC winning percentage.

ESPN (regarding the Big East) is either a irresponsible news outlet, repeatedly ignoring facts that show the Big East as an elite basketball conference, or they and their journalists are a biased media source against the league since they no longer own the rights to broadcast the games (since they unsuccessfully tried to destroy the league in the 2005-2013 rounds of expansion) and will do everything they can to de-legitimize and ignore the league and it's teams.  

In either case, I am so thankful and glad that we are now on Fox Sports 1.  They have done an excellent job marketing our league (running ads during Fox NFL playoffs and seeing Marquette and the other schools in a commercial was awesome), the fact we have Bill Raferty and Gus Johnson doing games makes it all the better.

ESPN can enjoy showing Tulane/East Carolina, Tulsa/UCF, Houston/USF on ESPN 2 and ESPNU.  The amount of empty seats at those games on TV made Allstate Arena look like Madison Square Garden.  

Proof that people don't read threads before responding to them.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »
Wow, Medcalf himself is even easier to troll than Scoopers. Just call him a gutless sycophant and watch the bitch claws come out ;D

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2015, 02:08:39 PM »
Wow. Where did ESPN dig up that clown?

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
He used "irregardless." Tar and feathers are too good for him.

+1 million

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »
I just tweeted at him multiple times to let him know what a disgrace to journalism he is. I saw he has already engaged with a few other angry Marquette fans lol. What a joke.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2015, 02:39:30 PM »
I just tweeted at him multiple times to let him know what a disgrace to journalism he is. I saw he has already engaged with a few other angry Marquette fans lol. What a joke.

Read the thread people.

Leave poor Myron alone.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »
Releasing that seriously has to be grounds for termination, all kidding aside.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »
The troll will not die! haha

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 03:06:48 PM »
Oh Benny, this is so epic that I think it may make it's way into a meme.  You have managed to troll the MUScoop community so hard that they are going after the journalist on twitter.....all this AFTER admitting you were a troll.  This is some next level s#$t and it really makes me question the intelligence of our internet fan base

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2015, 03:18:23 PM »
Oh Benny, this is so epic that I think it may make it's way into a meme.  You have managed to troll the MUScoop community so hard that they are going after the journalist on twitter.....all this AFTER admitting you were a troll.  This is some next level s#$t and it really makes me question the intelligence of our internet fan base

Haha yup.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2015, 03:31:27 PM »
I wrote him a strongly worded email, and this is what I got back. What a doucher.

"Thanks for the page views. Only helps me in the long run! As far as your issues with my writing, well, your displaying a lot of classic traits of the typical MU fan. You can't take any criticism at all, and you act like it's still the 70's. It's not the 70's, my friend. Its is the 20th century! MU is a really nice mid-major program. Occasionally, theyll get some good players and make a run at a tournament bid, and that's great. But, they are never going to be able to compete with the large conferences. I'm sorry, they just don't have the budget for it. MU doesn't have the money or the infrastructure to compete with the major schools. Anyways, thanks again for the read, and good luck to MU this season."

TFlegend

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »
This was good...and totally believable based on his column last May.  I had an angry email typed up to Myron before I scanned a little further in the thread.  Well done, sir.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2015, 03:37:59 PM »
I'm sorry, they just don't have the budget for it. MU doesn't have the money or the infrastructure to compete with the major schools. Anyways, thanks again for the read, and good luck to MU this season."

Uhhhh...

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2015, 03:40:55 PM »
Read the thread people.

Leave poor Myron alone.

Poor Myron admitted today that he's a troll rather than a journalist, basically the online CBB version of Skip Bayless. Forgive me for my lack of sympathy.