2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

[Paint Touches] Shaka reaffirms MU commitment by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 15, 2024, 07:07:35 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Michigan state..  (Read 30774 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Michigan state..
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 11:15:25 AM »
No one cares about Texas Southern or your boner for Big Chris.

That's irrelevant. Tell me they are a typical SWAC team (lie) or are not (truth). That's what matters.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2015, 07:35:18 PM »
Texas Southern has moved to 5-0 in the SWAC. The typical SWAC team is now 8-10 on the season.

Big Chris NBA Status shooting a blistering 57.8% eFG in conference play.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 11:36:21 AM »
JB,

Why no update on Texas Southern's loss to the almighty Prairie View A&M, at home?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 12:24:46 PM »
JB,

Why no update on Texas Southern's loss to the almighty Prairie View A&M, at home?

For the curious, Texas Southern now tied for 2nd with Southern at 8-2 in conference, 11-12 overall.

Alabama State in first at 9-1, 13-6 overall.  

Overall Chris Thomas ranks 6th in the league in scoring, 15th in rebounding
Conference only, he's 9th in ppg, 14th in rpg.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »
JB,

It was a late game on a Saturday night - you need real-time updates?

Obviously the loss of Dev Biggs, a HM-transfer, and the injury to Big Chris NBA have hurt the team. When two of your double-digit scorers are out of the lineup, the scenery is a bit different.

Nonetheless Big Chris NBA Prime Time Status Elite played last night after missing time with his ankle injury.

Looking forward to a healthy Chris and team so we can reach the tourney and knock someone off! Go Tigers!!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »
Big Chris Thomas NBA Status Platinum Elite has been hurt and having a rough go of it. Texas Southern with the DB suspension and Chris being hurt has struggled, but they got another win tonight behind 22p and 10r (5 offensive) by Big Chris Doin Thangs Next Level Type Daily.

The typical SWAC team is now 12-2 in conference and faces off with Alabama St. - also 12-2 - on Saturday. Only Southern is within striking distance of the two conference leaders, but their hopes are mostly faded with a 2 point loss to Alabama St. tonight.

Let's get healthy and in the tournament.. then we can complete this typical SWAC team year with an NCAA "shocker."

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2015, 07:49:58 PM »
Texas Southern = victorious tonight! All alone in first place in the SWAC. Typical.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2015, 09:55:29 PM »
Texas Southern = victorious tonight! All alone in first place in the SWAC. Typical.

Isn't there typically a first place team in the SWAC?  So if when you meant not a typical SWAC team, you meant they had a chance to win their conference (which still isn't given with only a couple games left), then I guess you were right.  I would have assumed an atypical SWAC team would have easily run the table.

Also, if your idea of an atypical SWAC player and future NBA'er is a guy who is the 2nd best player on his team, then I guess you were also right.

We were just speaking different languages.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2015, 10:16:26 PM »
Isn't there typically a first place team in the SWAC?  So if when you meant not a typical SWAC team, you meant they had a chance to win their conference (which still isn't given with only a couple games left), then I guess you were right.  I would have assumed an atypical SWAC team would have easily run the table.

Also, if your idea of an atypical SWAC player and future NBA'er is a guy who is the 2nd best player on his team, then I guess you were also right.

We were just speaking different languages.

I made it clear why they are not a typical SWAC team - it wasn't about winning the conference. It was about a 5-star recruit, a Big Ten transfer, a former Big Ten coach, etc. Now, the Big Ten transfer was out for most of the conference season.. and Big Chris was injured and missed time.. but things may come together beautifully here at the end of the year.

And you can claim Chris is the 2nd best player on his team, but others would disagree.. and say he's the best player in the conference on an objective basis.

PS - since the last loss, when someone was quick to post in this thread asking where I was, Texas Southern has won 5 in a row. Biggs back tonight. Look out!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2015, 10:43:08 PM »
This love affair is mildly disturbing
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2015, 11:18:01 PM »
This love affair is mildly typically disturbing

FIFY

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2015, 07:35:17 AM »
The bar for them proving themselves atypical is simple. Beat one higher seeded team in March. Until they do that, color me unimpressed.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2015, 07:45:13 AM »
The bar for them proving themselves atypical is simple. Beat one higher seeded team in March. Until they do that, color me unimpressed.

Even though the tourney "is a crapshoot", fine. Damn it, we'll do it.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2015, 06:15:14 PM »
We have clinched the regular season SWAC championship. 15-2 with one to play tomorrow night. 12 pt / 100 efficiency margin in conference play.

Hope we win the tourney and get a chance to knock off someone in the NCAA tourney. Go Tigers!!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2015, 06:30:31 PM »
We have clinched the regular season SWAC championship. 15-2 with one to play tomorrow night. 12 pt / 100 efficiency margin in conference play.

Hope we win the tourney and get a chance to knock off someone in the NCAA tourney. Go Tigers!!

"We"?????

Are you a Texas Southern alum?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2015, 10:29:32 AM »
Our coach Mike Davis was named the conference COY today. Typical!

Also, our women had to brawl with Sourhern's, resulting in a double forfeit. Crazay!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2015, 10:43:28 AM »
Does Crean take over Texas Southern when he gets fired next year and Mike Davis takes over a falling-apart mid to high major?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2015, 04:25:36 AM »
We made it! Texas Southern is tourney-bound! We've gone through Chris and Biggs missing time this year and that made things a little tougher.. but things have come together nicely.

Last night we won 90-77 to earn an NCAA tourney bid. Big Chris Essential Nutrients NBA scored 23 points on 60.7 eFG% and 10 trips to the line. 5 rebounds (2 off), 2 blocks, 3 steals, only 1 turnover. Nice work, my man!!

Excited to see who we play next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2015, 05:33:16 AM »
We made it! Texas Southern is tourney-bound! We've gone through Chris and Biggs missing time this year and that made things a little tougher.. but things have come together nicely.

Last night we won 90-77 to earn an NCAA tourney bid. Big Chris Essential Nutrients NBA scored 23 points on 60.7 eFG% and 10 trips to the line. 5 rebounds (2 off), 2 blocks, 3 steals, only 1 turnover. Nice work, my man!!

Not sure what kind of crack you are smoking, but usually they need to win their conference tournament to make the NCAAs.  Last I checked they are playing in the final today.

edit:  Apparently, they are not your typical SWAC team, they may be the first team not to win their conference tournament and not be an at large team, but still be in the tournament.  They didn't even punch their own ticket (yet), they got in on a technicality of another team losing. 

SWAC also must have a lot of NBA talent, as your lover was the 4th best player today in the SWAC.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:46:32 AM by forgetful »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2015, 08:18:36 AM »

You're quite boastful considering a) they haven't done anything yet NCAA tournament speaking, and b) they're "tourney bound" due to both other semifinal teams being ineligible for the NCAA tournament because of being slapped down by the NCAA over academic progress rating (whatever it's called).

ESPNU should pull the plug on today's SWAC title game, what is the point in anyone watching that crap game with the knowledge the winner means nothing.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2015, 09:57:21 AM »

Does Big Chris make the NBA with an Orating of 95.6?  He even dipped in the SWAC from when he was in CUSA. Looks like a high usage, low efficiency horse.  Carrie Underwood-like?

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/texas-southern/2-chris-thomas

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
Also not much of a shooter. 27% from three and 55% from the line won't be very enticing in a league where athleticism is largely muted because everyone is just as athletic.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »
You're quite boastful considering a) they haven't done anything yet NCAA tournament speaking, and b) they're "tourney bound" due to both other semifinal teams being ineligible for the NCAA tournament because of being slapped down by the NCAA over academic progress rating (whatever it's called).

ESPNU should pull the plug on today's SWAC title game, what is the point in anyone watching that crap game with the knowledge the winner means nothing.

The SWAC let NCAA ineligible teams compete in the conference championship?  That's dumb.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2015, 11:04:57 AM »

The SWAC let NCAA ineligible teams compete in the conference championship?  That's dumb.

Yep, I believe the university presidents in the league voted on it.  
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:08:38 AM by HutchwasClutch »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2015, 11:06:25 AM »
Injuries, baby! We're feeling better now -- ready & primed for the tourney!!

Hoping for a 2/15 tilt w Becky so we can take down another Big Ten team!!!

Need some "one more year" chants for my guy!!!