[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: SOTG  (Read 20418 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: SOTG
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 08:43:13 AM »
Taylor had a very good game, but it was mostly because Fischer was on the floor drawing defenses attention. Very good game plan by Wojo. I am voting for Juan.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »
Do you think they will help attendance going forward?
3080 for an MU game, even against the JV is not a good trend.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2014, 09:47:13 AM »
Juan more vote for SOTG.   I like the Glue Guy moniker and he had more more minutes to hold things together
Also liked how Carlino kept order in the house

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2014, 09:48:22 AM »
Juan.  If Fischer would have dominated defensively like he did against ASU then him.  But Juan was all over the place both offensively and defensively in this one.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2014, 10:05:32 AM »
Come on! Let us know who the SOTG is?

BlindboyPatSmith

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
Taylor Jr

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »
Come on! Let us know who the SOTG is?

This is an exceptionally tough one.  I've narrowed it down to Luke or Juan, but Steve and Matt aren't bad options either.  When the team as a whole shoots 61% from the floor, and 85% on FTs, it's going to be a tough choice.

OK, I'm going with Juan, because cumulatively he's been consistent, and valuable this year, but hasn't gotten any MUScoop SoTG love.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2014, 11:06:22 AM »
Has Juan been SOTG before?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2014, 11:07:08 AM »
Good pick with Juan. I only saw the last 30 minutes and statistically he may not have had the best game, but I'm pretty sure he was the best player last night on both ends of the court.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »
Has Juan been SOTG before?

Yup.  Once last year and once the year before.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
Yup.  Once last year and once the year before.

Thank you. I'm hoping he will receive the honor a few more times this year.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
No problem with the Juan selection.  I think all of our front court guys played well.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »
This is an exceptionally tough one.  I've narrowed it down to Luke or Juan, but Steve and Matt aren't bad options either.  When the team as a whole shoots 61% from the floor, and 85% on FTs, it's going to be a tough choice.

OK, I'm going with Juan, because cumulatively he's been consistent, and valuable this year, but hasn't gotten any MUScoop SoTG love.

I think Luke deserved it more, but I can see how Juan could get it. My issue is that it's supposed to be "stud of the game," not based on cumalitive consistency on the season, or not receiving any love before. When you state this, it seems like you are making an excuse as to why you picked him over Luke.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »
I think Luke deserved it more, but I can see how Juan could get it. My issue is that it's supposed to be "stud of the game," not based on cumalitive consistency on the season, or not receiving any love before. When you state this, it seems like you are making an excuse as to why you picked him over Luke.

While I think it's great Luke is shooting such a high percentage, most of his shots in this game had a VERY low degree of difficulty based on their vicinity to the basket and the poor defenders guarding him.  And most of those buckets came on great assists in which the pass had a higher degree of difficulty than the actual shot.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

Shark

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »
While I think it's great Luke is shooting such a high percentage, most of his shots in this game had a VERY low degree of difficulty based on their vicinity to the basket and the poor defenders guarding him.  And most of those buckets came on great assists in which the pass had a higher degree of difficulty than the actual shot.

No problem with the Jaun pick. My one observation is that I've never seen an MU player average over 20 in a 2 game stretch and shoot 90%! That's inaane. I know it's temporary but that is downright awesome. Even elite big guys rarely out up those numbers against cupcakes.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »

Bottom line.  Luke committed 4 fouls against a cupcake opponent in 22 minutes.  He's a very good player and makes MU much better.  But Wojo will certainly be coaching him up today.  That simply cannot happen.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2014, 12:51:56 PM »
Fischer goes 8-8, 22 points and grabs 6 rebounds and was clearly the best player in the floor. He could possible be national player of the week, but just can't quite overcome Juan Anderson.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
Fischer goes 8-8, 22 points and grabs 6 rebounds and was clearly the best player in the floor. He could possible be national player of the week, but just can't quite overcome Juan Anderson.

And Juan couldn't overcome Steve. Consider the system flawed.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

chapman

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
And Juan couldn't overcome Steve. Consider the system flawed.

+1

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
#12 SOTG.

Best wishes to JD. I am sure he will excel in many ways.

Death on call

DiehardMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2014, 03:05:22 PM »
Personally would have gone with Luke, but Juan was awesome in the first half and his stats could have been better if he played in garbage time.  Seemed like he was the one player who did sit in the last 5-10 minutes (along with Cohen who fouled out).

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »

Since the mods came up with the award, and ultimately determine who receives it, I think they have a pretty good handle on what "it's supposed to be."

Let's not overthink our relatively meaningless award.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2014, 08:25:07 PM »
C,mon now. Juan played fine but look was near perfect. This feels like a 2cd grade T-ball team where the coaches try to be nice and give the gameball to every kid at least once. Give to the player who had the biggest impact(clearly luke) not the guy who if he didnt make FT's would have more than 10. We should almost have vote each game to determine the STOG. Pretty sure luke would win.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
C,mon now. Juan played fine but look was near perfect. This feels like a 2cd grade T-ball team where the coaches try to be nice and give the gameball to every kid at least once. Give to the player who had the biggest impact(clearly luke) not the guy who if he didnt make FT's would have more than 10. We should almost have vote each game to determine the STOG. Pretty sure luke would win.

Honestly think Juan impacted the game more. He held their best player to 3-10 shooting. And one of those 3 FGs was a breakaway dunk that Juan wasn't on the court for. Combine that with the rebounds, points, and assists? Was a studly performance.

But so was Luke's. And Steve's. And Carlino's. This is a good problem to have. Should be all smiles in Warrior nation.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.