[Today at 05:43:25 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke's Attendance Value  (Read 12158 times)

esotericmindguy

• All American
Re: Luke's Attendance Value
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 12:07:29 PM »
For bad seats to see Alabama A&M?  Absolutely it is too steep.  I get Timberwolves tickets and for a mid-week game against a non-marquee opponent I can get lower level tickets on the baseline for $25.

The Timberwolves are garbage and the retail prices of those tickets are $60 at least. I'm talking about tickets available on the street. $30 is beyond reasonable for a major college basketball team. My goodness, dinner for two at applebees is over $30.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »
If I was going to the game I'd be crying about parking. But I'd go. If I lived closer. Maybe I'll look at last minute flights.
Can buy a parking pass for Wells st or 16th st for $3.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 12:52:20 PM »
The problem is it's a Friday night ... the worst time to have a game.

I'm a season ticker holder and live in Chicago (Lincoln Park).  Tuesday's drive for ASU was 93 minutes, and I left at 5:30.  

I passed on a chance to get tickets for tomorrow's game because I knew that same drive was 2+ hours on a Friday night, closer to 3 hours if it rains (Train works to get to Milwaukee, impossible to get home so only option is to drive).  Its a bad opponent and I'm always exhausted on Friday.

I will make the trip for Monday's game.

Has MU ever tried to run a shuttle bus from Chicago for games?  Given that a huge percentage of alumni live in Chicagoland, and enough that I've heard posting on here that still have season tickets or make it up for most games, it would seem they could do a good job of making the experience a little more pleasant.  Maybe have it leave from some centralized location on the northside of town near I94?

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 12:59:56 PM »
$30 something bucks to sit in the 8th row (and late buyers are still in good seats) for a game that should feature some great dunks, a better environment than the Bradley Center and a whole lot more clips for the Luke Fischer highlight reel...preceded by beers and burgers with college buddies at Sobelman's and followed by more beers at Murph's...sounds like a pretty good night to me. 

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »
$30 bucks is great if you're coming with some buddies, but that cannot necessarily fill a stadium.  $120 to take your family to see it will push some people away.
Let's hope by Feb it's a hot ticket.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »
I think this is a function of Friday night right before Christmas.  I don't have an issue with cost, though no beer kind of sucks.  However, I can't justify to my wife my missing Christmas parties/functions on a Friday night to go to an MU game against Little Sisters of the Poor and Legless on a ticket that I have to pay additional funds for...just because it's gonna be cool in the Al.

Had they been included in season tickets, I would be there because it's money already spent.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »
Has MU ever tried to run a shuttle bus from Chicago for games?  Given that a huge percentage of alumni live in Chicagoland, and enough that I've heard posting on here that still have season tickets or make it up for most games, it would seem they could do a good job of making the experience a little more pleasant.  Maybe have it leave from some centralized location on the northside of town near I94?

They do it in the opposite direction.  I often go to the DePaul game in Chicago each year (and will be there this year) and I notice busloads of students and others going to the game.

The "ughs" from the DePaul fans when those buses appear are priceless.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 11:33:19 AM »
$30 dollars is steep? Come on. It costs $8 to go to a high school game, but you think $10 is fair?

If you want the nosebleed type seats at the BC, you usually can pick them up on StubHub for $4-8. I realize this is a different venue, but if you're going to give me one of the worst teams in the entire NCAA and ask me to spend 4x the going rate of that game usually, yes, that's steep.

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/121114aaa.html

Thanks avid and geagles, just bought my seat!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback