Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Finally Watched the ASU Game  (Read 3319 times)

GGGG

• All American
Finally Watched the ASU Game
« on: December 17, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
1. I would have given SOTG to Juan.  He was all over the place.  Offense, defense, passing, etc.  Really there should be no question why he was playing ahead of Deonte.

2. Fischer is obviously a welcome addition.  Quality big man who is much better than his experience suggests he would be.  Very fluid, smart, can play both ends.

3.  Duane is going to be very good.  I mean...very good. 

4.  This game fit JJJ's game perfectly.  Not sure he can play the slow-down game though.  The difference between him and Duane is that Duane can handle both.

5.  That was the "funnest" game since the S16 game against Miami.  You can see a bright future with this bunch.

mug644

• All American
Re: Finally Watched the ASU Game
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:33:22 PM »
To #4: I think that's something that's evolving with this team. Derrick can't play a fast game. I get irked every time someone passes to him at the top of the key--he looks like my grandmother approaching an intersection where the cross traffic had stop signs but she does not; she pauses, looks left, looks right, looks left again, and then dribbles (she, from her mouth, Derrick with the ball). Meanwhile the defense has time to (re)set itself and the shot clock is down to 11 seconds. Agonizing.

But back to your point, JJJ is better playing fast. Duane can play both fast and slow (though his fast game needs to slow down just a little bit). Carlino tends to be aggressive and want to play fast. If those three continue to gel like indicated last night, I can (finally) imagine Derrick time diminishing (but for his reputed defense).

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 08:34:32 PM »
agree with everything execpt SOTG for Juan...yeh no.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »
Maybe I am just so happy for his growth this year and I am letting it get to me.  Maybe its because I like "glue guys" on a basketball team.  It's just nice to see him perform at a high level now.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 08:44:31 PM »
Game's on right now....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:54 PM »
Maybe I am just so happy for his growth this year and I am letting it get to me.  Maybe its because I like "glue guys" on a basketball team.  It's just nice to see him perform at a high level now.

Don't get me wrong his energy is insane like GT it was huge. But he tailed off second half. No baskets or assists.

JJJ and Duane were attacking all day long and Luke was what switched the game. Before Luke made his first appearance that game looked like all 10 guys on the court drank a liter of moonshine before tip off.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

mug644

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »

I agree with the 'glue guy' fan club (being a solid, but not particularly skilled, team player--though in soccer--myself) I can't help but be enjoying Juan's play, effort and leadership so far.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, he totally reminds me of Joe Fulce. That's a good thing.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 09:01:01 PM »
5.  That was the "funnest" game since the S16 game against Miami.  You can see a bright future with this bunch.

Agree with that entirely. Was grinning ear to ear digging into the first half.  Second half too, with a respect for the Louisville game a few seasons ago.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »
Agree with that entirely. Was grinning ear to ear digging into the first half.  Second half too, with a respect for the Louisville game a few seasons ago.

*cold shudder*
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 09:12:53 PM »
Given everything that has transpired to date this season, I would say Juan is stud of the year. We simply cannot compete without his energy. He definitely is the glue guy.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
Given everything that has transpired to date this season, I would say Juan is stud of the year. We simply cannot compete without his energy. He definitely is the glue guy.

Agreed.  He hasn't been SOTG once, but he has definitely been our most consistent contributor.  I am thrilled to see him having such a nice senior season.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 03:27:34 AM »

Death on call

feedback