[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: The AL on Friday night  (Read 31503 times)

Litehouse

• All American
Re: The AL on Friday night
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 05:33:38 PM »
It's like sex. It doesn't matter who your partner is... the real question is do you want a) the romantic partner who isn't afraid of intimacy and makes you feel like you're actually part of the action or b) the apathetic partner who doesn't say a word waiting for you to finish so she can go play with the monster trucks?
...and sometimes it costs too much, and sometimes you want to bring along more than one friend.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2014, 07:49:11 PM »
Cirque du Soleil has the BC booked. They had a waiver from the NCAA not to count it in the official numbers.

MU was also trying to schedule a higher level game that fell through late so it wasn't included in the season tickets.  They needed to cover the buy costs so they put a high face value on the ticket price, and then tried to put some lipstick on this pig by hosting at the Al.  8PM start, students off, Friday, bench seats for half.  Woof.  Woof

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
MU was also trying to schedule a higher level game that fell through late so it wasn't included in the season tickets.  They needed to cover the buy costs so they put a high face value on the ticket price, and then tried to put some lipstick on this pig by hosting at the Al.  8PM start, students off, Friday, bench seats for half.  Woof.  Woof

So we can blame ND for something else?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 08:02:17 PM »
I never understood the argument for not going because its a weak opponent. If its a Marquette game, I want to be there.
Dam straight. However, its always nice to see  2 QUALITY teams playing instead of one vs a farmboy team.

MarquetteNation

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2014, 08:11:01 PM »
Anyone know what time the doors open? I'm assuming it is first come first serve by section, right?

Class71

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Dam straight. However, its always nice to see  2 QUALITY teams playing instead of one vs a farmboy team.

The next three games will build confidence and allow all 8 to work out some of kinks before BE play. May not be exciting to watch but it could not come at a better time for the team's development, particularly Cohen and Taylor.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2014, 09:29:47 PM »
Anyone know what time the doors open? I'm assuming it is first come first serve by section, right?

Not so.  When I bought our seats, I was told that I got "Lower level, chairbacks".  However, when I actually printed out my tickets, they had section, row, and seat numbers.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
Yea, even mine have a seaseat number.

Edit, mine are general admission. Must be in the student section.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:36:24 PM by ChitownJuan »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »
I've got assigned seats. I think they sold the tickets by upper/lower first and then assigned seats based on PPs.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MarquetteNation

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2014, 09:36:26 PM »
Yeah I just saw that I had an assigned seat. thanks for setting me straight - more time at Murphs.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »
What is the seating capacity at the AL?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2014, 10:40:36 AM »

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »
Due to scheduling conflicts, the Marquette University men's basketball team will play its first-ever regular-season game at the Al McGuire Center against Alabama A&M on Dec. 19.
The Al McGuire Center is Marquette's on-campus facility with a seating capacity of 3,700. The women's basketball and women's volleyball teams play their home games there, while the men's basketball team uses the facility for practice.
In 2004, Marquette played Lewis University there in an exhibition game, which is the only other time the Golden Eagles have played a game a the Al McGuire Center.
Marquette does not anticipate a game at the Al McGuire Center becoming an annual event. Date conflicts with the BMO Harris Bradley Center (capacity of 18,850 for college basketball) and the need for a non-conference home game forced the move to the smaller facility.
"Playing in the Al provides our guys with a unique experience and our entire program is excited for the game," Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski said.  "We are looking forward to playing in a great environment in front of a sellout crowd of dedicated Marquette fans."
The game at the Al McGuire Center will not be included in the season ticket plan. Tickets will be available to season ticket holders during a pre-sale from Sept. 29 through Oct. 3. Due to the limited seating capacity, season ticket holders will be limited to purchasing two tickets.  Student ticket information will be released at a later date.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/marquette-will-play-first-ever-game-in-al-mcguire-center-081114

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »
What is the seating capacity at the AL?
It was always 4,000. Don't know why Marquette now list it as 3,700.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2014, 11:18:38 AM »

So, do you plan on being the Al McGuire Center Bat tonight?
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »

Perhaps need space for TV cameras, equipment?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2014, 11:25:46 AM »
I've got assigned seats. I think they sold the tickets by upper/lower first and then assigned seats based on PPs.

Lower is assigned, upper is GA.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »
No--I have upper assigned seats.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
Looks like you can still buy up to 19 seats in row Z upper deck as best available

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »

Seriously, if you have no interest in going to see MU play a regular season game at the Al, then do yourself a favor and go watch another team play a game at the Joyce, Hinkle, Pavilion, Gampel, Zoo, MAC, etc.... somewhere where the people on the opposite side of the arena can hear you yelling at them.  The atmosphere at games in small arenas can be unreal; conversely, basketball in the BC or MECCA is so sterile.  I don't care who the opponent is... if the game counts and MU is playing, you'd have to be dead to not feel some level of electricity as you walk into the Al tomorrow night.

Two years ago chick and I road-tripped to Joyce.  Last year to Hinkle.  While MU lost both games, the crowd was electric.  Very fun despite the outcome.  Very much looking forward to tonight.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
Benny, I agree with you here.  As many games as I've been to at the Bradley Center and how exciting many of those have been, I think my all time favorite was watching the Maui Invitational in that small gym.

And yeah, part of it may be because "I was in Hawaii".  But that environment was absolutely amazing.  Even when we lost on that buzzer beater to Butler in the first game, as disappointing as it was, it was still so, so awesome.

I've been clamoring for a game at the Al for years now, I am so disappointed that I will not be able to attend this one.  Really wishing it was one of the later games when I'll be back in the midwest for the holidays and within driving distance.

this is why i am going.  the games in Orlando this year and 09 were some of the most fun games i have every been to, outside of march.  atmosphere should be fun.  

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
I am sure the upper seats at the AL would be like row 25 in the lower bowl at the BC. My point is there are no bad seats at the Al.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »
Well should all wear name tags with our scoop name.

I'll be the one in the Marquette hoodie.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.