'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The AL on Friday night  (Read 31599 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: The AL on Friday night
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 10:44:53 PM »
Mr and a couple alumni will be there. Though my tickets actually have a seat number so I don't know if they have a student section because there may not be enough.

When I bought my tickets they had one baseline reserved for students. Judging by previous years student attendance at the BC during winter break I'm weary if they will be able to fill it.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 10:50:24 PM »
If we do not sell the Al out it will be an embarrassment.

Agreed.  Marquette madness even basically sells out in the AL, although the obvious difference is the price.  No reason it should not sell out.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 07:50:24 AM »
As I said in another thread, student season ticket holders were just offered a free ticket for the asking last night.

Seriously, if you haven't been back directly on campus in a few years, it'll be a great night.  Great shot at a Sobelmen's burger or some Real Chili.  Great chance to post game at one of the area watering holes.  See you there I hope.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 07:54:20 AM »
Should be an entertaining game in that setting, but refresh my memory - why is the game there? Will this not hurt our attendance numbers/standing?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 08:08:29 AM »
Should be an entertaining game in that setting, but refresh my memory - why is the game there? Will this not hurt our attendance numbers/standing?

Cirque du Soleil has the BC booked. They had a waiver from the NCAA not to count it in the official numbers.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »
Cirque du Soleil has the BC booked. They had a waiver from the NCAA not to count it in the official numbers.

Have they petitioned the NCAA not to count our games against teams from Omaha as well? Be nice to wipe three losses off the register.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
They should do all the non-con buy games during winter break at the AL.  I mean how many people are going to be at the BC for North Dakota and Morgan State?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 08:34:35 AM »
They should do all the non-con buy games during winter break at the AL.  I mean how many people are going to be at the BC for North Dakota and Morgan State?

Not if they charge $30 and $40 for those games.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 08:43:10 AM »

The attendance is going to suck for those games. Embarrassingly so.

Wisconsinites have repeatedly shown little desire to attend a "late" game that tips at 8 PM local time on a weeknight, even if a worthwhile opponent is in the house. So I'd expect around 6-8,000 real people for NoDak. Regarding Morgan, no shot anyone is there. Same time as a Packers game where they may lose the division title on last day of regular season? I'd peg it at 4-6,000 real people.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »
Those games should be at the AL, tickets should be $15 for the public and $5 for students with a presale only for students.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 09:10:20 AM »
As a season ticket holder, who has not missed a game this year, I am just taking this one off.  Buying a ticket for a random opponent on top of all the games I already go too is not that enticing.  I think that is part of the problem getting full sellout as I am not the only one with this view.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »
As a season ticket holder, who has not missed a game this year, I am just taking this one off.  Buying a ticket for a random opponent on top of all the games I already go too is not that enticing.  I think that is part of the problem getting full sellout as I am not the only one with this view.

Yep, that's my thinking too.  I've been to the Al to watch many Fish Fry scrimmages .. it's interesting, sure.  Would like to see a whole 40 game there, with a packed crowd.   But no thanks.

I'm half irked the game wasn't included in the SEASON ticket package, and half pleased that I can decide not to spend $80 on the umpteenth cupcake I've had to eat over the past decade.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »

I'm in the exact same boat.  Not that this is some crazy amount of money, but I'm not in any hurry to shell out more to watch another low level D-1 program, regardless of venue.

susie90

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 09:54:01 AM »
I'm looking forward to "hearing" the action.  Who has the biggest potty mouth?  Certainly we've all seen the mouths outlining a few phrases... :o

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
Yep, that's my thinking too.  I've been to the Al to watch many Fish Fry scrimmages .. it's interesting, sure.  Would like to see a whole 40 game there, with a packed crowd.   But no thanks.

I'm half irked the game wasn't included in the SEASON ticket package, and half pleased that I can decide not to spend $80 on the umpteenth cupcake I've had to eat over the past decade.

Topper, you're smarter than that.  The Al holds 3,700 folks.  MU's season ticket base exceeds 12,000.  So you include it exactly how?  While I agree that MU Athletics made a mistake in retrospect by limiting season ticket holders to two seats initially, I'm growing fatigued by the lame excuses folks are coming up with for not going.  There are now multiple ways to make this roughly the cost of going to a movie.  And for the students in the MKE area, you can go for free.

By the way, all staff, students etc were given the code PACKTHEAL a few days ago to be used when purchasing tickets on gomarquette dot com discounted to $10.  I suspect it'll work for each and every one of you.  If Bill Scholl gets po'ed, tough.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:28:29 AM by jsglow »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 10:08:27 AM »
Those games should be at the AL, tickets should be $15 for the public and $5 for students with a presale only for students.
At that price I am assuming they would be losing money after paying the opponent. I am not sure they are making money at $42 per ticket.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:25 AM »
Topper, you're smarter than that.  The Al holds 3,700 folks.  MU's season ticket base exceeds 12,000.  So you include it exactly how?  While I agree that MU Athletics made a mistake in retrospect by limiting season ticket holders to two seats initially, I'm growing fatigued by the lame excuses folks are coming up with for not going.  There are now multiple ways to make this roughly the cost of going to a movie.  And for the students in the MKE area, you can go for free.

They should have done this at the time of the season ticket invoice.  By that I mean, when we were initially invoiced ask people to check if they are interested in adding the "game at the AL" and note that not all orders would not be granted.  Then for those with priority, that wanted tickets, the cost just gets added to the overall invoice and most of us just go about our day.

At this point I personally would rather put $80 towards the start of a decent dinner than go to another MU game.  I'm not saying in any way that others shouldn't feel completely the opposite, it is just the idea of going to the wallet vs. it all being taken at the start of the year.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 10:11:24 AM »
Given MU practices in the AL, it should be their best played game. There has to be a greater team comfort level at the AL than BMO Harris. The home court advantage must be at least 10 points, if the home court advantage at BMO Harris is 4.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:20 AM »
Given MU practices in the AL, it should be their best played game. There has to be a greater team comfort level at the AL than BMO Harris. The home court advantage must be at least 10 points, if the home court advantage at BMO Harris is 4.
Actually, the team practices mostly in the Kasten gym within the Al.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »

Wisconsinites have repeatedly shown little desire to attend a "late" game that tips at 8 PM local time on a weeknight, even if a worthwhile opponent is in the house. So I'd expect around 6-8,000 real people for NoDak. Regarding Morgan, no shot anyone is there. Same time as a Packers game where they may lose the division title on last day of regular season? I'd peg it at 4-6,000 real people.

The packers game better get flexed to 3:20 or SNF, or else I could see it at even less than that.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »

They should have done this at the time of the season ticket invoice.  By that I mean, when we were initially invoiced ask people to check if they are interested in adding the "game at the AL" and note that not all orders would not be granted.  Then for those with priority, that wanted tickets, the cost just gets added to the overall invoice and most of us just go about our day.

At this point I personally would rather put $80 towards the start of a decent dinner than go to another MU game.  I'm not saying in any way that others shouldn't feel completely the opposite, it is just the idea of going to the wallet vs. it all being taken at the start of the year.

Certainly a thought but not sure about the timing of our season ticket package vs. the announcement of the Alabama A&M game.  

Look everyone, Marquette made a few mistakes here.  We can all agree.  But this is our school and our team playing a game in a unique venue that'll be broadcast on FS1 on a Friday night.  You can make an evening of it around campus.  Chick and I plan to.  I'll even let you buy her a beer.  You guys are starting to sound like a lame student who can't carve out 2 hours because he has a paper due in 7 days.  And I just told you how to get this done for the price of a movie.  By the way, The Interview is cancelled so scratch that.

See you Friday.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:24:55 AM by jsglow »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

I'll be in Tampa this weekend, returning Tuesday, so I'm missing the North Dakota game. I'm hoping they flex the Packers-Lions to 3:00 PM so I can go to the MU game and DVR the Packers while only missing the first 10 minutes.

edit: geagles beat me to it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »
How many y'all got a C note for the first broad to streak totally naked across the court durin' the first TV timeout?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 10:29:43 AM »
The packers game better get flexed to 3:20 or SNF, or else I could see it at even less than that.

Rumor I have heard is it will be SNF.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »
Anyone got a charter going from NorCal?

I'd love to see a game there :(
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

feedback