Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The AL on Friday night  (Read 31630 times)

geagles10

• Starter
The AL on Friday night
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »
What do you guys think the environment will be like?   Anybody know if it's sold out?  Should be fun on campus prior with all of the bars likely packed.

Warhawk Warrior

• Scholarship Player
Re: The AL on Friday night
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 07:29:40 PM »
Tickets were still available at end of last week.  That is concerning.  Since it wasn't part of the season ticket package, it took a little more effort to gain tix and initially you were limited to just 2 even if you had more than 2 season tickets.  That limitation appeared to have backfired but they wanted every one to have a chance at attending in a downsized facility. 

Having said that, I can't wait.  Especially if the Luke show continues.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 07:43:07 PM »
Yeah I think it will be fun. Even though it may not be sold out, I believe it is close.

I know several lower bowl season ticket holders who were not going to pay for one more cupcake regardless of the venue. For those who maybe going to the Al for the first time they will be pleasantly surprised how close you are to the action.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:46:34 PM »
Tickets are still available on TicketMaster & StubHub.

On TicketMaster it shows only one endzone was reserved for student tickets.  This game is on campus for crying out loud, fill it up with kids!  Any unsold tickets should be made available to the students, asap.

Really too bad that for one game, not part of the season ticket package, MU couldn't offer courtside seats to the kids.   >:(

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »
I actually just got text from that new ReplyBuy ticket service that marquette started using, offering 200 level tickets, in the last rows, for $10 each ($30 regular). 

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 07:57:38 PM »
Still not sold out. Can buy up to 20 seats together now. Upper Rows. Hopefully it is a packed venue with a good atmosphere. I'm pretty excited about an otherwise lackluster non-con game. Think it will be a unique experience.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
Wow, I sure hope it sells out. I get that the students mostly aren't on campus, but, still, people ought to be interested in being at the Al for the first ever regular season game.

If my drive wasn't 14 hours, I'd be there.

Road trip?

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 08:03:25 PM »
First game without beer, that may deter some.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 08:05:24 PM »
I actually just got text from that new ReplyBuy ticket service that marquette started using, offering 200 level tickets, in the last rows, for $10 each ($30 regular). 
I signed up for that as well but I didn't get any text. Need to look into that--thx for the heads up.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 08:06:44 PM »
I signed up for that as well but I didn't get any text. Need to look into that--thx for the heads up.

Actually just realized it was sent last evening, just didn't see it.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 08:07:48 PM »
First game without beer, that may deter some.

That's what winter coats are for, silly man.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 08:32:13 PM »
Wow, I sure hope it sells out. I get that the students mostly aren't on campus, but, still, people ought to be interested in being at the Al for the first ever regular season game.

If my drive wasn't 14 hours, I'd be there.

Road trip?

I am one of those people who has been clamoring for a game at the Al. I hate that I am stuck in Texas. Should be a raucous atmosphere. Wish that we could do one of these for a BEast game (but understand why we cannot)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 08:37:29 PM »
Sure as heck should sell out, what does it hold again? 4k? we cant get 4000 fans to come?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
The environment is going to be similar to a destination tournament with two major differences:

1) The crowd will be 99% MU
2) We don't have to wait for the fans from the previous game to leave to get in our seats.

In other words, a damn near perfect basketball environment.  The only thing that could be better is the opponent, but I'll take it.

Can't wait for Friday!!!!!
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
Friday date night. First some chilli,  then the game,  wrap up at Caf's. 

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 09:24:59 PM »
Have coaxed Mrs Oldgym out from under her warm blanket and we will represent.  Beer, seat quality, and opponent all unimportant.  I'm jacked about the unique environment and can't wait for Friday.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:38 PM »
Have coaxed Mrs Oldgym out from under her warm blanket and we will represent.  Beer, seat quality, and opponent all unimportant.  I'm jacked about the unique environment and can't wait for Friday.

That's the spirit!! Good for you and the Mrs.!

On a far-reaching note, if the turnout for this game is strong (i.e., sellout) might the admin consider having an early non-conference buy game at the Al in the future? I hope so. And, if so, might that influence the replace-the-BMO negotiations? If, suddenly, MU decides it has a decent place to house a decent number of games (a la Villanova), does that give MU a stronger position?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 09:48:04 PM »
Friday date night. First some chilli,  then the game,  wrap up at Caf's. 

I'll be there. Real Chili meet up? PM me

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:31 PM »
I'll be there. Real Chili meet up? PM me

I vote for an All-Scoop Hammerschlagen event postgame at Caff's.
Have some patience, FFS.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:58 PM »
I think part of the problem was the price point. After fees it was $42/ticket for lower section seats. Pretty crazy for Alabama A&M. They could've priced a bit more competitively. That being said, I'll be at the game.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 09:55:12 PM »
I vote for an All-Scoop Hammerschlagen event postgame at Caff's.

Well should all wear name tags with our scoop name.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »
Tickets are still available on TicketMaster & StubHub.

On TicketMaster it shows only one endzone was reserved for student tickets.  This game is on campus for crying out loud, fill it up with kids!  Any unsold tickets should be made available to the students, asap.

Really too bad that for one game, not part of the season ticket package, MU couldn't offer courtside seats to the kids.   >:(

Finals are over, its almost Christmas. Most undergraduate students are gone. Dorms are a literal ghost town. Plus did you see the student section at the BC on Tuesday? They might not fill that endzone.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 10:12:07 PM »
MU doesn't travel well even it is mile away from its regular home.  Comeon folks, fork up a couple of pesos and have a Little fun and support these guys.not like you all have kids playing high school ball.  You can miss one fish fry this year.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 10:16:09 PM »
If we do not sell the Al out it will be an embarrassment.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 10:19:33 PM »
Finals are over, its almost Christmas. Most undergraduate students are gone. Dorms are a literal ghost town. Plus did you see the student section at the BC on Tuesday? They might not fill that endzone.

Mr and a couple alumni will be there. Though my tickets actually have a seat number so I don't know if they have a student section because there may not be enough.

feedback