Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Worth a read  (Read 31025 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Worth a read
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 10:11:36 AM »
Oh, almost forgot. Hope you will stop with the BS that you've avoided commenting on CTC's out of control program on Scoop because you've been too busy being a wonderful son, thoughtful husband, doting father or conscientious employee. You were literally all over Peegs on it defending your man, and that's not even your Hoosier board of choice. And I really, really hope you'll stop with the BS that you chose not to comment here because a poster said something about Crean you found insensitive. Really? A guy who called his own players and coach (whom he loved, lol) "choking dogs who peed down their legs" was speechless due to an insensitive remark about a guy he admits was a jerk? C'mon.

That wasn't him on that board, that was Hoopaloop.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »
Hope your Mom's surgery goes well, Chico. Hope your other family emergency was resolved positively. Hope things get less hectic at work. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Oh, almost forgot. Hope you will stop with the BS that you've avoided commenting on CTC's out of control program on Scoop because you've been too busy being a wonderful son, thoughtful husband, doting father or conscientious employee. You were literally all over Peegs on it defending your man, and that's not even your Hoosier board of choice. And I really, really hope you'll stop with the BS that you chose not to comment here because a poster said something about Crean you found insensitive. Really? A guy who called his own players and coach (whom he loved, lol) "choking dogs who peed down their legs" was speechless due to an insensitive remark about a guy he admits was a jerk? C'mon.

Lennys calling it like it is, per usual!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Setting the record straight
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »
Real men have to deal with family emergencies, including my mom's surgery today, but that was only the second issue of the last few weeks that was family related.  So quite frankly, you can blow it out your arse.

I have also been tied up with the Sony hack with my new job that has caused massive problems for a product we are trying to launch next week, it's kept me a little busy to say the least.  Nightmare doesn't begin to cover it.

On the Crean stuff...a couple of things.  I said a month or so ago when I began reading the absolutely disgusting things from some MU fans here about how Crean was responsible for one of their players injuries and where that thread was going the day of the car crash.  It was truly disgusting and I said I was out as soon as I started reading the nonsense.  It had been going on too far for years here, but that was the last straw.  The lack of compassion for a young man that could have lost his life was ridiculous here.  I mean it, I haven't gone back into that thread nor will I ever.  People have just lost their minds about the guy....completely.   Then some of the absolute bullshyte comments from Brandx and Aughanere on some other items...it was easy to lay low.  Factor in the family and work stuff....well I've been away from here. 

I am an IU alum.  And a MU alum.  And a Kansas alum.  I worked for Deane for 4+ years and Crean for about 6 months.  I was a student with O'Neill and a student employee, but never worked for O'Neill directly.  When my dad died suddenly, I had to leave the department and went back to So. Cal to take care of my mom.  That is when I went into professional sports with the NHL and MLB.

I have said and will continue to say that Crean treated me fine at MU, he didn't treat others in the department that well from what friends told me.  Nor did Deane for that matter.  Nor Did Bob Knight when I worked for IU basketball....he treated people like crap. The only coach across the board that I have worked for that has been a stellar human being is Mike Scioscia.   I think Crean can be an arrogant a-hole, which I've also said time and again....people want to ignore it for some reason.

I'm not defending Crean here or anywhere else.  I would correct people here for being wrong with facts.   People define that as defending, I call it fact checking but whatever.  Do I like what happened at IU in the last month or so?  Absolutely not.  Do I think some people here have lost their minds about that coach and continue to 6+ years later?  Without a doubt.  Am I glad Buzz is gone and we have someone here that seems to be doing things on the up and up for the first time in years?  You are damn right I do.

Now, I need to get back to some more important things in life.     Please donate to the Godish family at the top of this site....it's appalling that we haven't closed that gap. 

Have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Merry Christmas Chico.

Thanks for the enlightenment, certainly make things clearer for me/

I think some of us have experience being treated very nicely by someone who does not extend that to many others.  Kinds’ places you in a box, as you understand both sides. But how do you not defend a person who treated you kindly. 

Remember this is a board, and as posters we can some times isolated single issues and single reasons without considering other related elements.

My favorite example is posters who from their seats in the building or on TV advise Wojo, that some player is exhausted and should be rested.   Why they don’t think the Coach and his staff didn’t notice,  maybe as fans we are not seeing other related things going on at that point in the game and this is the best option.

But that’s what makes posting to a board Fun and maybe we get educated along the way.  Sometimes our passion overrides reason and civility and cause some hurt.  One of our posters (Can’t remember who) offered some sage advise.  “If you wouldn’t say it face to face thinks twice about posting it” 

Again Merry Christmas.

" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

brandx

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
Awesome that he was able to weave in the Sony hack and his personal involvement in defeating the North Koreans. Well done.

Sony wanted him for the role that James Franco got - but unlike Franco - Chicos was meeting with world leaders (including Tom Crean) and really saving the world
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:39:51 AM by brandx »

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2014, 12:10:14 PM »
"You want me on that wall....you need me on that wall" "

"You want answers?"

"I WANT THE TRUTH!"

"Did you order the code red?"

"You're Goddamn right I did!"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:12:44 PM by MuMark »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
Hope your Mom's surgery goes well, Chico. Hope your other family emergency was resolved positively. Hope things get less hectic at work. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Well, yea, the Emperor was a bit nekkid but I was being polite....

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »
My sincerest best wishes to your mother and her health, Chicos.  Scoop and sports take a back seat to the health of loved ones.  It's been a rough year so I can relate in some ways.  Sometimes Scoop is a nice release from reality when time allows for it in those times.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2014, 12:28:21 PM »
Real men have to deal with family emergencies, including my mom's surgery today, but that was only the second issue of the last few weeks that was family related.  So quite frankly, you can blow it out your arse.

I have also been tied up with the Sony hack with my new job that has caused massive problems for a product we are trying to launch next week, it's kept me a little busy to say the least.  Nightmare doesn't begin to cover it.

On the Crean stuff...a couple of things.  I said a month or so ago when I began reading the absolutely disgusting things from some MU fans here about how Crean was responsible for one of their players injuries and where that thread was going the day of the car crash.  It was truly disgusting and I said I was out as soon as I started reading the nonsense.  It had been going on too far for years here, but that was the last straw.  The lack of compassion for a young man that could have lost his life was ridiculous here.  I mean it, I haven't gone back into that thread nor will I ever.  People have just lost their minds about the guy....completely.   Then some of the absolute bullshyte comments from Brandx and Aughanere on some other items...it was easy to lay low.  Factor in the family and work stuff....well I've been away from here.  

I am an IU alum.  And a MU alum.  And a Kansas alum.  I worked for Deane for 4+ years and Crean for about 6 months.  I was a student with O'Neill and a student employee, but never worked for O'Neill directly.  When my dad died suddenly, I had to leave the department and went back to So. Cal to take care of my mom.  That is when I went into professional sports with the NHL and MLB.

I have said and will continue to say that Crean treated me fine at MU, he didn't treat others in the department that well from what friends told me.  Nor did Deane for that matter.  Nor Did Bob Knight when I worked for IU basketball....he treated people like crap. The only coach across the board that I have worked for that has been a stellar human being is Mike Scioscia.   I think Crean can be an arrogant a-hole, which I've also said time and again....people want to ignore it for some reason.

I'm not defending Crean here or anywhere else.  I would correct people here for being wrong with facts.   People define that as defending, I call it fact checking but whatever.  Do I like what happened at IU in the last month or so?  Absolutely not.  Do I think some people here have lost their minds about that coach and continue to 6+ years later?  Without a doubt.  Am I glad Buzz is gone and we have someone here that seems to be doing things on the up and up for the first time in years?  You are damn right I do.

Now, I need to get back to some more important things in life.     Please donate to the Godish family at the top of this site....it's appalling that we haven't closed that gap. You know, as I was just telling Fred Glass the other day in my backyard over a perfectly chilled Diamond Knot Scotch Ale, there was once a time when Americans had core values forged through common heritage. Now, ever since we, uh, betrayed that legacy given to us by our Founding Fathers we seem to have lost our way as a people...

Have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

So long and thanks for all the fish

From the Lost Archives, the missing Basement Tapes of the Chico Soliloquy
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:48:15 PM by keefe »

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
Where is the tiny button? I looked all over and couldn't did it. I felt like a Naval Aviator looking for a clitoris. Normally I don't give a rat's ass about IU hoops but if there is Crean bashing to be had I want to savor every word.  

Hey hey hey, I just stepped into this thread.....that is so offensive....I'm mean sh*t is barely bigger than a zoomie's pecker, how are we suppose to find it?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:45 PM »

....I'm mean sh*t is barely bigger than a zoomie's pecker, how are we suppose to find it?

Your joy stick?? You Navy guys...

Death on call

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2014, 12:37:05 PM »

Keefe, you seen that Showtime documentary on the Bob Dylan lost Basement Tapes? If not I recommend it, it's pretty solid.
Bring back FFP!!!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »
Whoa this thread got quietly epic in a hurry, I almost regret my decision not to participate originally....almost
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:21 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »

Brilliance, Crash. Pure, unadulterated brilliance.

brandx

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 12:42:10 PM »
Whoa this thread got quietly epic in a hurry, I almost regret my decision not to participate originally....almost

It's time for Rocky to wake up, brush the pizza crumbs off his shirt, and get to work.

A short tome of the best all-time threads on Scoop might sell quite well.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 01:21:43 PM »
I cede control of the Chicos abusers to you, my man.

No need to abuse anyone. It's just a basketball message board.

Happy Holidays.
We Are Marquette

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2014, 03:36:57 PM »
Congrats on 20K, Cheeks, and best to your Mom.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
Your joy stick?? You Navy guys...

I just realized that Timon and Pumba are perfect metaphors for Navy and Air Force pilots. 

Pumba is a kind, gentle, smelly, unattractive warthog with an intellect on par with Homer Simpson (somewhat dim to the casual observer but shows flashes of pure genius at times)... pretty self-explanatory there.

Timon is a rather annoying meerkat (a/k/a mongoose) who, despite his aggressor nature, you know he's on your side.  Also, they live on artificial islands in the middle nowhere on constant alert and can unleash firepower disproportionate to their scrawny appearance.

And both of them enjoy playing with their friend Simba (USMC), who arrives a scared child but leaves as a beast.  Incidentally, the lion and meerkat share a common ancestry, but Timon and Pumba know deep down that Simba is truly the king (even if they won't admit it publicly) and will inconspicuously defer when Simba's around. 

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2014, 05:50:18 PM »
Keefe, you seen that Showtime documentary on the Bob Dylan lost Basement Tapes? If not I recommend it, it's pretty solid.

On the list, my friend. I will Kodi it this weekend!

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2014, 05:53:57 PM »
I just realized that Timon and Pumba are perfect metaphors for Navy and Air Force pilots. 

Pumba is a kind, gentle, smelly, unattractive warthog with a massive penis and an intellect on par with Homer Simpson (somewhat dim to the casual observer but shows flashes of pure genius at times)... pretty self-explanatory there.

Timon is a rather annoying meerkat (a/k/a mongoose) who, despite his aggressor nature, you know he's on your side.  Also, they live on artificial islands in the middle nowhere on constant alert and can unleash firepower disproportionate to their scrawny appearance.

And both of them enjoy playing with their friend Simba (USMC), who arrives a scared child but leaves as a beast.  Incidentally, the lion and meerkat share a common ancestry, but Timon and Pumba know deep down that Simba is truly the king (even if they won't admit it publicly) and will inconspicuously defer when Simba's around. 

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2014, 07:50:05 PM »
Where is the tiny button? I looked all over and couldn't did it. I felt like a Naval Aviator looking for a clitoris. Normally I don't give a rat's ass about IU hoops but if there is Crean bashing to be had I want to savor every word.  

When will they learn, there just isn't one on a transvestite.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2014, 07:53:41 PM »
I was having trouble reading it at first.  Then I pulled out the trusty Commodore 64, and it read just fine.

Wow, you have a 64?  I'll get one some day, but for now my Commodore PET will have to do.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »

She is recovering well, thank you.  Merry Christmas.

I've had you on ignore for about a month after another poster here that I have known for 15+ years privately emailed me who your daughter was in a chuckling way.  He remarked how funny it was that you and I go at it considering who she was.  I was shocked and surprised, felt bad that I had conversed with you over the years as I had because I knew her back in the day when she was a student.  No idea she was your daughter.  Very charming, nice person, smart, etc.  Your wife must be a saint.   ;)   Rather than get into it with you any longer, it was easier just to ignore you on Scoop.

But because you again can't read and I had to see your quote in another post, I'll take you off ignore for this time to correct you again, which is an undertaking that is repeated as often as the sun rising. It is tiring, especially for a man of your education.  Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.

I stated CLEARLY, in it's own paragraph, why I don't respond any longer to Crean BS threads or posts here because of where that specific thread was going.  A kid is lying there in critical condition and what some of you a-holes were doing while a kid lay there not knowing if he was going to survive was ridiculous.  I said in that thread, I'm out.  No other reason, but because of how people were acting.  It was over the top.  GET IT?  What IU does with Crean I could give two f'ing rips about.  I will always be a Marquette fan first, but also an IU and KU fan because I am an alum of all three schools.  I worked with Bob Knight at IU...he's a horse's ass.  I worked with Tom Crean at MU...they have a lot in common in that department.  Guess what, so do most coaches I've worked with and most CEO's or other leaders.  It's part of their makeup all too often.  What happens to Crean, not going to care one damn bit.  You can make up whatever BS you want, IU will continue on long after he is there, just as MU continues on now that Buzz is gone.

That had NOTHING to do with anything else, so take your smarmy BS about being a father, son, employee, etc commentary and stick it and read what I actually said.  Those other items I provided have to do with why I haven't been here at MU Scoop GENERALLY lately....not Crean related...but at MU Scoop at all....GET IT?  Not Crean stuff, but MU Scoop in general.  Two different things.  TWO SEPARATE THINGS.  Can you process two different things? Of course you can't, but that doesn't surprise me.  You were wrong.  Can you admit it, because you rarely do.

Finally, yes I said the team choked like dogs and peed down their legs.  I later apologized for it....have you ever apologized for anything here?  No. Now would be a good time. You still hurt by that comment?  Something that was said years ago?  Is Buzz your son or something?  You sure defend him an awful lot...or is it not defending...that definition has so many moving targets by you and others here.  For such an unethical person like Buzz that is surprising you defend him as much as you do.  See how this works?    Let it also be known that Buzz Williams said the team peed down their leg and so did some of the players.   "We peed down our leg", Jae Crowder, after loss to North Carolina.   I'm sure you were outraged.   

Have a Merry Christmas Lenny. Please learn to read.  And stop accusing people of doing something they aren't doing...maybe a New Year's Resolution. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »
Wow, you have a 64?  I'll get one some day, but for now my Commodore PET will have to do.

Use a PET in school.  Had a VIC20 and then a 64 growing up.  Then hit the big time with a 8088 with 640K of Ram and a 20MB hard drive in the late 1980's.  We've come a long way.

brandx

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »
There is good medication for bi-polar disorder nowadays. Could write a book on B-P just from some of his posts.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:34:30 PM by brandx »