'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Worth a read  (Read 31026 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Worth a read
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »
When the stuff hit the fan in Bloomington this year Chico assiduously avoided Scoop but was ubiquitous on Peegs doing the Tammy Wynette ("Stand By Your Man"). Hilarious that he views himself down the middle fair and balanced on TC while two fan bases see him as apologist-in-chief.

I was curious why Jams was avoiding Scoop but it's now clear that combating the wrath and rage of the IU faithful toward "CTC" on Peegs is consuming all of his time and attention. No wonder DirecTV market cap has plunged! 

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »
In Chicos defense, a strategic retreat regarding Crean on MUScoop was a logical choice.   After 6 years of lambasting Buzz over character issues while defending Crean at every turn, the alcohol issues for IU put Chicos in a no-win situation.   He knows his history here, he knows everyone else knows his history here, and he knows the board is just waiting to pounce if he were to try to defend Crean on this one and he chose to not engage.   Because of this, instead of becoming a several hundred post thread, it quietly went away.   For now.  Prudent on his part. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 02:16:06 PM »
In Chicos defense, a strategic retreat regarding Crean on MUScoop was a logical choice.   After 6 years of lambasting Buzz over character issues while defending Crean at every turn, the alcohol issues for IU put Chicos in a no-win situation.   He knows his history here, he knows everyone else knows his history here, and he knows the board is just waiting to pounce if he were to try to defend Crean on this one and he chose to not engage.   Because of this, instead of becoming a several hundred post thread, it quietly went away.   For now.  Prudent on his part.  

Exactly.  Nailed it.

When the going gets tough, real men run and hide.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 03:10:48 PM »
Exactly.  Nailed it.

I cede control of the Chicos abusers to you, my man.

goinUptown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 03:23:51 PM »
yeah, what's the story with Chicos and Crean?  I mean, I've watched him support Crean for years now on here but to go over to that board and support him there as well -- what's the agenda?  I noticed he didn't offer up the video of the presser when LF signed at MU where he had to avoid five-or-so times going into details on what happened at IU....he presented himself well in saying "It just wasn't the right fit" that five-or-so times when asked about it...Chicos conveniently left that part out only to quote the want-to-be-closer-to-home quotes...

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »
yeah, what's the story with Chicos and Crean?

Chicos is both a MU and IU alum, I think....

And he worked in some capacity that has never really been described in any detail for MU when Crean was coach here. And ever since he has sworn his undying fealty to the Tanned One.

goinUptown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 03:42:56 PM »
right, but why other than being an alumnus from both schools...I mean, someone would have to pay me to show that kind of support on two different boards...I wonder if he goes to the other IU sites (there are maybe five of them?) to do the same thing....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 03:43:33 PM »
Crean is Khaleesi to Chicos freed slave.   Or so it seems sometimes.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
Chicos is both a MU and IU alum, I think....

And he worked in some capacity that has never really been described in any detail for MU when Crean was coach here. And ever since he has sworn his undying fealty to the Tanned One.

I believe Chicos stated he worked in the athletic department for O'Neill and Deane, not Crean.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Setting the record straight
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 11:14:25 PM »
Exactly.  Nailed it.

Real men have to deal with family emergencies, including my mom's surgery today, but that was only the second issue of the last few weeks that was family related.  So quite frankly, you can blow it out your arse.

I have also been tied up with the Sony hack with my new job that has caused massive problems for a product we are trying to launch next week, it's kept me a little busy to say the least.  Nightmare doesn't begin to cover it.

On the Crean stuff...a couple of things.  I said a month or so ago when I began reading the absolutely disgusting things from some MU fans here about how Crean was responsible for one of their players injuries and where that thread was going the day of the car crash.  It was truly disgusting and I said I was out as soon as I started reading the nonsense.  It had been going on too far for years here, but that was the last straw.  The lack of compassion for a young man that could have lost his life was ridiculous here.  I mean it, I haven't gone back into that thread nor will I ever.  People have just lost their minds about the guy....completely.   Then some of the absolute bullshyte comments from Brandx and Aughanere on some other items...it was easy to lay low.  Factor in the family and work stuff....well I've been away from here. 

I am an IU alum.  And a MU alum.  And a Kansas alum.  I worked for Deane for 4+ years and Crean for about 6 months.  I was a student with O'Neill and a student employee, but never worked for O'Neill directly.  When my dad died suddenly, I had to leave the department and went back to So. Cal to take care of my mom.  That is when I went into professional sports with the NHL and MLB.

I have said and will continue to say that Crean treated me fine at MU, he didn't treat others in the department that well from what friends told me.  Nor did Deane for that matter.  Nor Did Bob Knight when I worked for IU basketball....he treated people like crap. The only coach across the board that I have worked for that has been a stellar human being is Mike Scioscia.   I think Crean can be an arrogant a-hole, which I've also said time and again....people want to ignore it for some reason.

I'm not defending Crean here or anywhere else.  I would correct people here for being wrong with facts.   People define that as defending, I call it fact checking but whatever.  Do I like what happened at IU in the last month or so?  Absolutely not.  Do I think some people here have lost their minds about that coach and continue to 6+ years later?  Without a doubt.  Am I glad Buzz is gone and we have someone here that seems to be doing things on the up and up for the first time in years?  You are damn right I do.

Now, I need to get back to some more important things in life.     Please donate to the Godish family at the top of this site....it's appalling that we haven't closed that gap. 

Have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Setting the record straight
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 11:43:17 PM »

May I say, that I loved that you worked a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference in here?

Sorry to hear about your mom. Thoughts and prayers
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2014, 12:59:25 AM »
Hope all goes well for your mother, Jams.

Death on call

jesmu84

• All American

Shark

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2014, 02:19:38 AM »

source?

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2014, 02:32:25 AM »
I voted rigorous defense of CTC. What did I win? (I can see how those who voted name dropping might also have a case).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:38:59 AM by source? »

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2014, 06:14:41 AM »
Awesome that he was able to weave in the Sony hack and his personal involvement in defeating the North Koreans. Well done.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2014, 07:12:14 AM »
Real men have to deal with family emergencies, including my mom's surgery today, but that was only the second issue of the last few weeks that was family related.  So quite frankly, you can blow it out your arse.

I have also been tied up with the Sony hack with my new job that has caused massive problems for a product we are trying to launch next week, it's kept me a little busy to say the least.  Nightmare doesn't begin to cover it.

On the Crean stuff...a couple of things.  I said a month or so ago when I began reading the absolutely disgusting things from some MU fans here about how Crean was responsible for one of their players injuries and where that thread was going the day of the car crash.  It was truly disgusting and I said I was out as soon as I started reading the nonsense.  It had been going on too far for years here, but that was the last straw.  The lack of compassion for a young man that could have lost his life was ridiculous here.  I mean it, I haven't gone back into that thread nor will I ever.  People have just lost their minds about the guy....completely.   Then some of the absolute bullshyte comments from Brandx and Aughanere on some other items...it was easy to lay low.  Factor in the family and work stuff....well I've been away from here. 

I am an IU alum.  And a MU alum.  And a Kansas alum.  I worked for Deane for 4+ years and Crean for about 6 months.  I was a student with O'Neill and a student employee, but never worked for O'Neill directly.  When my dad died suddenly, I had to leave the department and went back to So. Cal to take care of my mom.  That is when I went into professional sports with the NHL and MLB.

I have said and will continue to say that Crean treated me fine at MU, he didn't treat others in the department that well from what friends told me.  Nor did Deane for that matter.  Nor Did Bob Knight when I worked for IU basketball....he treated people like crap. The only coach across the board that I have worked for that has been a stellar human being is Mike Scioscia.   I think Crean can be an arrogant a-hole, which I've also said time and again....people want to ignore it for some reason.

I'm not defending Crean here or anywhere else.  I would correct people here for being wrong with facts.   People define that as defending, I call it fact checking but whatever.  Do I like what happened at IU in the last month or so?  Absolutely not.  Do I think some people here have lost their minds about that coach and continue to 6+ years later?  Without a doubt.  Am I glad Buzz is gone and we have someone here that seems to be doing things on the up and up for the first time in years?  You are damn right I do.

Now, I need to get back to some more important things in life.     Please donate to the Godish family at the top of this site....it's appalling that we haven't closed that gap. 

Have a blessed Christmas and Happy New Year.

And there it is ---- post 20,000!  Congrats on a milestone.
Now, may you have the Sony issue wrapped up quick so you can enjoy Christmas.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 07:56:46 AM »
Awesome that he was able to weave in the Sony hack and his personal involvement in defeating the North Koreans. Well done.

Let me clear it up for you so you can be less of a tool.

My team or I have nothing to do with fixing it.  We are impacted with a product launch in which Sony pictures is providing movies to our OTT streaming service from both Sony Classics, CineSony, Columbia and other subsidiaries and the hack has paralyzed them not allowing those movies and the metadata to be delivered in a timely fashion for a service launch.

Think if Netflix had a deal with Disney or Sony or Paramount and they were hacked and none of the movies that those studios are supposed to provide to Netflix could actually be delivered because of the hack.  It would impact Netflix greatly.  

The Sony issue is on them to fix, but it has issues (serious ones) that impact many other businesses, whether it is theatre operators, television, OTT services, etc.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2014, 08:10:37 AM »
He was able to defend Crean, take a shot at Buzz, tell us about famous people he's worked with AND wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Now, THAT is how to make a 20,000th post!

In all seriousness, thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Chicos.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 08:43:40 AM »
He was able to defend Crean, take a shot at Buzz, tell us about famous people he's worked with AND wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Now, THAT is how to make a 20,000th post!

In all seriousness, thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Chicos.

Four out of the five is damn impressive!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 08:56:42 AM »
Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:10:18 PM
Wadesworld.

Quote from: ChicosBailBonds on June 10, 1986 at 07:10:20 PM
Wades. This is ChicosBailBonds.

Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:10:22 PM
How are you today, sir?

Quote from: ChicosBailBonds on June 10, 1986 at 07:10:25 PM
Well, we've had a bit of bad luck this morning as you may have heard.

Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:10:31 PM
Yeah I heard, and man, I'm all broken up, boy, what a blow.

Quote from: ChicosBailBonds on June 10, 1986 at 07:10:36 PM
Yeah. Yeah. Well, uh, it's been a tough morning and we got a lot of family business to take care of, so if you wouldn't mind excusing absence, I'd appreciate it.

Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:10:48 PM
Uh, yeah, sure, no I'd be happy to, yeah you, uh, you you just produce a corpse, and uh, I'll release Crean. I wanna see this dead grandmother first hand.

Quote from: tower912 on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:01 PM
Wades?

Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:13 PM
It's alright, Tower, it's Chicos, the little twerp. I'm gonna set a trap and let him fall right in it.

Quote from: tower912 on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:18 PM
Ooh!

Quote from: ChicosBailBonds on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:20 PM
I'm sorry, Wades, did you say you wanted to see a body?

Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:24 PM
Yeah, that's right, just, uh, roll her old bones on over here, and I'll dig up your daughter. You know that's Scoop policy.

Quote from: ChicosBailBonds on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:32 PM
Oh.

Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:34 PM
Was this your mother?

Quote from: ChicosBailBonds on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:36 PM
Uh, no my wife's mother.

Quote from: tower912 on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:38 PM
Wadesworld's office.

Quote from: hoopaloop on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:40 PM
Hi this is ChicosBailBonds, can I speak to Wadesworld please? Thank you.

Quote from: tower912 on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:44 PM
Uh... hold.

Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:46 PM
Tell ya what, dipsh|t. If you don't like my policies you can come on down here and smooch my big ole' white butt.

Quote from: tower912 on June 10, 1986 at 07:11:57 PM
WADES!

Quote from: wadesworld on June 10, 1986 at 07:12:59 PM
Ed Rooney: Pucker up butter-cup.   What?

Quote from: towe912 on June 10, 1986 at 07:12:04 PM
Chicos on line 2.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:14:09 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »
Real men have to deal with family emergencies, including my mom's surgery today, but that was only the second issue of the last few weeks that was family related.

Hope everything is okay with your Mom Chicos.  My apologies for getting the athletic dept. facts wrong.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »

Everybody wins!!!!

Helluva 20,000th post.

Merry Christmas Chicos. Best to your mom.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »
Hope your Mom's surgery goes well, Chico. Hope your other family emergency was resolved positively. Hope things get less hectic at work. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Oh, almost forgot. Hope you will stop with the BS that you've avoided commenting on CTC's out of control program on Scoop because you've been too busy being a wonderful son, thoughtful husband, doting father or conscientious employee. You were literally all over Peegs on it defending your man, and that's not even your Hoosier board of choice. And I really, really hope you'll stop with the BS that you chose not to comment here because a poster said something about Crean you found insensitive. Really? A guy who called his own players and coach (whom he loved, lol) "choking dogs who peed down their legs" was speechless due to an insensitive remark about a guy he admits was a jerk? C'mon.