[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Worth a read  (Read 31267 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Setting the record straight
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2014, 01:36:13 PM »

Merry Christmas Chico.

Thanks for the enlightenment, certainly make things clearer for me/

I think some of us have experience being treated very nicely by someone who does not extend that to many others.  Kinds’ places you in a box, as you understand both sides. But how do you not defend a person who treated you kindly. 

Remember this is a board, and as posters we can some times isolated single issues and single reasons without considering other related elements.

My favorite example is posters who from their seats in the building or on TV advise Wojo, that some player is exhausted and should be rested.   Why they don’t think the Coach and his staff didn’t notice,  maybe as fans we are not seeing other related things going on at that point in the game and this is the best option.

But that’s what makes posting to a board Fun and maybe we get educated along the way.  Sometimes our passion overrides reason and civility and cause some hurt.  One of our posters (Can’t remember who) offered some sage advise.  “If you wouldn’t say it face to face thinks twice about posting it” 

Again Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you.

Again, I don't think I defend him here.  I believe I said he treated me fine, but he didn't treat some of my friends well. That's why I don't believe anything I'm doing is defending him, because quite frankly I have no desire to defend him.  I believe I correct outrageous assertions that aren't true.  I don't care for Buzz, Obama, Crean, etc, or any number of other people, but if someone were to say something incorrect about any of them, I would correct it if I saw it.  Is that defending it, or correcting it?

Your advice is right on, and I sent a note to someone here in particular about the face to face thing not long ago.  If you aren't willing to say it face to face, then don't say it.  Whether that's calling someone's wife a liar, or a racist, or whatever....don't say it.  Because if they did, they would be on the ground 2 seconds later.  We've become a society that gets awfully tough behind a keyboard, and I'm guilty of it as much as anyone.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Worth a read
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2014, 01:40:28 PM »
I was curious why Jams was avoiding Scoop but it's now clear that combating the wrath and rage of the IU faithful toward "CTC" on Peegs is consuming all of his time and attention. No wonder DirecTV market cap has plunged! 

I don't work for DTV any longer, said that many months ago... maybe that's why they lost their market cap.  I have a new job.  I still work with them, but not for them.  It's complicated, but happy to chat offline some day about it.

Hey, I meant to ask you, how is possible that a team goes to the Final Four and the next year loses to NJIT at home, Eastern Michigan at home, SMU at home, drilled by Arizona by 30.  I remember how that was all the rage here?  Now, here's an example where someone will say that is defending....is it?  Or is it pointing out reality and factually correcting with examples the stupidity and bias' people have?

Merry Christmas Myles.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2014, 02:11:30 PM »
Michigan didn't go to the final four last year.

Wait, am I defending or pointing out your bias?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »
I don't work for DTV any longer, said that many months ago... maybe that's why they lost their market cap.  I have a new job.  I still work with them, but not for them.  It's complicated, but happy to chat offline some day about it.

Hey, I meant to ask you, how is possible that a team goes to the Final Four and the next year loses to NJIT at home, Eastern Michigan at home, SMU at home, drilled by Arizona by 30.  I remember how that was all the rage here?  Now, here's an example where someone will say that is defending....is it?  Or is it pointing out reality and factually correcting with examples the stupidity and bias' people have?

Merry Christmas Myles.

I actually don't really follow Michigan basketball since my loyalty is to Marquette in that sport. But I do follow Michigan football with a passion (even this season...)

I will say this - if Blue hires a Harbaugh I will be thrilled! Oh, the delicious irony!

PM me - I didn't realize you were no longer with DTV. Must have been while I was overseas.

Death on call

feedback