[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

NIL Future by PointWarrior
[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: FINALLY!!!! Now I Know I'm Not Crazy.  (Read 13658 times)

Benny B

• All American
FINALLY!!!! Now I Know I'm Not Crazy.
« on: December 12, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »
There's one thing I hate about the Christmas season... it's that damn "Baby, It's Cold Outside" song, which I call "The Sexual Predator Song"  People have always thought I was crazy.  "It's about Christmas/the holiday season,"  "it's romantic," "why, I remember when all the rapings took place over the holidays," "what if the Holy Spirit had taken Mary's 'no' for an answer the first seventy-five times" they said.

At best, it's the musical version of the SNL sketch, The Continental.  At worst, it's something that shouldn't be anywhere near a radio, let alone associated with Christmas.  If they want to put it on the karaoke machines at the NAMBLA conventions, fine.  But if you hear it on the radio, please call that station and ask them why they insist on promoting sexual assault during the holiday season.

Why is it that it's taken 70 YEARS for someone in the mainstream to lampoon and expose this song for what it is.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/e/sZ5dn6nDuv4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/e/sZ5dn6nDuv4</a>

(Once the clip is pulled from Youtube, use the below link)
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/90r7i1/bill-cosby-and-taylor-swift-duet#source=ff4daa77-43e0-4601-8fd6-21ea1daf9c19&position=5&sort=airdate

Thank you Matt and Trey, once again, for pointing out the dementia of society in the most demented (and annoying) way possible.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:46:38 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
Re: FINALLY!!!! Now I Know I'm Not Crazy.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 09:04:14 AM »
I've been saying the same thing for years. It's date rape.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »
If we're gonna get on this topic, someone should bring up all the modern songs that sound like stalker anthems. That stupid song delilah sounds like some 35 year old guy pen-palling with a high schooler.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 10:26:28 AM »
"Every breath you take" by the Police has to rank up there among the most creepy songs ever.   I used to cringe every time I would hear it at a wedding reception.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »
I thought I was the only one who felt this way about that stupid song and it's 57 re-makes. Its not even the song, its the association with Christmas that bothers me
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:53:50 AM by hairy worthen »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »
Lionel Ritchie's "Hello".

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 10:34:50 AM »
"Every breath you take" by the Police has to rank up there among the most creepy songs ever.   I used to cringe every time I would hear it at a wedding reception.   

don't stand so close to me also by the police is pretty creepy as well.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »
It's about a creepy subject, but it is pretty straightforward about it.   Somehow, 'Every breath you take' has been interpreted as a love song. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 10:42:34 AM »

Yeah, but you were supposed to think that song was creepy.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 10:51:01 AM »
These songs have nothing on "Too Close" by Next

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »

Sting's personal philosophy (found in "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free") is 180 from the creep in "Every Breath You Take" or the whiny guy in "Can't Stand Losing You".

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
TSOL's song Code Blue is pretty creepy.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »
Anyone who listens to the blues knows that all woman are evil and conniving while every employer is a cruel, sadistic son of a bitch who is driven only by malicious intent. Life is a relentless struggle against insurmountable odds where comfort can only be found at the bottom of a fifth of cheap rye.

A voyeur's deviant hunger pales in comparison to the scorn of an unfaithful woman or the callous inhumanity of the plantation taskmaster. The stark despair and cutting anguish that comes from the realization that we are all nothing more than oarsmen on the Roman Galley of life is far more poignant and offers darker pathos than the sin of the voyeur masturbating at the window of the neighborhood tart.

Death on call

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
Anyone who listens to the blues knows that all woman are evil and conniving while every employer is a cruel, sadistic son of a bitch who is driven only by malicious intent. Life is a relentless struggle against insurmountable odds where comfort can only be found at the bottom of a fifth of cheap rye.

A voyeur's deviant hunger pales in comparison to the scorn of an unfaithful woman or the callous inhumanity of the plantation taskmaster. The stark despair and cutting anguish that comes from the realization that we are all nothing more than oarsmen on the Roman Galley of life is far more poignant and offers darker pathos than the sin of the voyeur masturbating at the window of the neighborhood tart.

Sounds like something you'd hear in an AF-JAG hearing, eh?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU31

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 01:31:52 PM »
Zevon's Excitable Boy is creepy in a fun way!

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 01:38:11 PM »
Anyone who listens to the blues knows that all woman are evil and conniving while every employer is a cruel, sadistic son of a bitch who is driven only by malicious intent.

The part about employer's is true.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 06:22:27 PM »

don't forget the landlady/landlord.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
quiet riot-come on hear the noise, girls...your boys :o   sounds like a nice wedding song as the father gives away his daughter-I have a toothache so?
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 03:51:54 PM »
Never really got off on the "Piña Colada" song either, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »
This wins for creepiest song.  

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sApYX_R4LRo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sApYX_R4LRo</a>

http://youtu.be/sApYX_R4LRo
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:54:07 PM by T-Bone »
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 12:00:37 PM »
This wins for creepiest song.  

http://youtu.be/sApYX_R4LRo

Proof of how bad dental work will drive a man crazy

Death on call

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 10:34:06 PM »
Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap is pretty creepy, too, though not as creepy as above.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »

" but it's allright, it's midnight and I got two more bottles of wine"
Country music to the rescue

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »
While Baby, It's Cold Outside has been as date rapey as you get, I don't think it compares to Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap.  Seriously, listen to the lyrics, he is singing a song about how it is really hard not to sleep with an underage girl and it's all the girl's fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFVPxBpezk
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
While Baby, It's Cold Outside has been as date rapey as you get, I don't think it compares to Young Girl by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap.  Seriously, listen to the lyrics, he is singing a song about how it is really hard not to sleep with an underage girl and it's all the girl's fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFVPxBpezk

Must be bad if even a Squid finds it squirmy...

Death on call