[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another Wojo clunker....  (Read 16642 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Another Wojo clunker....
« on: December 06, 2014, 12:30:42 PM »
Juan Anderson timid and not ready to play and passes up every open 3 and instead tries to back in and either turns it over or takes a wild/stupid shot.....hence why you play Deonte Burton and not a player so limited in skills and talent.

Somehow Juan and Derrick Wilson are on the court at the same time most the time and since they are both non threats yet handle the ball so much we run the clock down to five seconds before Duane or Matt throw up a wild three.  

Here are our players:
Deonte
Duane
Matt
JJJ
Sandy
Steve

Develop a game plan that gets these players touches and most importantly in a style of play that plays to their strengths and talents and not a style of play that plays to their weaknesses (ie: the current offense game plan we'll be be lucky to score 40 points today).

Instead we are getting Buzz 2.0 from last year and we saw how well that worked.

We're not paying you a lot of money to be stupid and embarrass us on national tv to our arch rival!!!  

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Another Wojo clunker....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
Well look whose back. It's not like we're playing the #2 team in the nation or anything...You're posts are more embarassing then Wojo or the team right now.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:34:12 PM by ChitownJuan »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 12:33:25 PM »
Juan Anderson timid and not ready to play and passes up every open 3 and instead tries to back in and either turns it over or takes a wild/stupid shot.....hence why you play Deonte Burton and not a player so limited in skills and talent.

Somehow Juan and Derrick Wilson are on the court at the same time most the time and since they are both non threats yet handle the ball so much we run the clock down to five seconds before Duane or Matt throw up a wild three.  

Here are our players:
Deonte
Duane
Matt
JJJ
Sandy
Steve

Develop a game plan that gets these players touches and most importantly in a style of play that plays to their strengths and talents and not a style of play that plays to their weaknesses (ie: the current offense game plan we'll be be lucky to score 40 points today).

We're not paying you a lot of money to be stupid and embarrass us on national tv to our arch rival!!!  

I can't imagine any reason on earth why 2 coaches might be agreeing on which players play the most minutes. really makes you wonder... ::)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 12:34:09 PM »
MU Avenue, is that you?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 12:34:58 PM »
Yeah both Wojo and Buzz are completely clueless when it comes to basketball knowledge and we should've hired duanewade to be our head coach.

What has Burton done this season to show you he should be on the court?  You obviously have some kind of knowledge that I (and apparently Wojo and Buzz) don't have, so I'd love to know what Burton does so well that I don't see.  What I saw?  A guy who did absolutely nothing offensively and came in and immediately gave up an open 3 pointer because he had his hands at his side.  Against Wisconsin, you might as well put 3 points on the board in that situation.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »

Here are our players:
Deonte
Duane
Matt
JJJ
Sandy
Steve

you just plain old suck

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
I am not duanewade
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 12:50:24 PM »
MU Avenue, is that you?

So duanewade has the audacity to share opinions on an opinion board? And, as usual, some here, such as brewcity77, find this upsetting.

Oh, brewcity77’s point must be that someone else here has used the words “national TV.” Oh my goodness!  

Lame!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:49:05 PM by MU Avenue »

jesmu84

• All American
Re: I am not duanewade
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »
So duanewade has the audacity to share onions on an opinion board? And as usual, some here, such as brewcity77, find this upsetting.

Oh, brewcity77’s point must be that someone else here has used the words “national TV.” Oh my goodness! 

Lame!

If you have a stupid opinion, it should be stated as such. Comments like this: "We're not paying you a lot of money to be stupid and embarrass us on national tv to our arch rival!!!  "

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Huh, jesmu84?
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
If you have a stupid opinion, it should be stated as such. Comments like this: "We're not paying you a lot of money to be stupid and embarrass us on national tv to our arch rival!!!  "

A stupid comment "should be stated as such." What the hell does that mean?

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Huh, jesmu84?
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 01:08:34 PM »
A stupid comment "should be stated as such." What the hell does that mean?

Means exactly what I said

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »

Here are our players:
Deonte
Duane
Matt
JJJ
Sandy
Steve

Another duanewade clunker
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »
Wojo had everybody playing hard and dialed in on defense.    Please remember how limited this team is. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 01:37:11 PM »
Another duanewade clunker

LOL. This gave me a good laugh

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »
Means exactly what I said

Anderson and Wilson play the lion share of the minutes and go combined 1 for 12 in the biggest game of their senior year and we only had three years of film in prior years to decipher that there was a high probability that they would deliver a similar performance today.  

I'm so sorry for making such a "dumb" comment(s) Jesmu and others....Wojo sure earned his lofty salary today by showing he is smarter than me and so many others burdened with common sense.  

MU fans have really showed how much they believe in our coach today too by not showing up in a see of red in-spite of tens of thousands of BADger fans going to the Big 10 Championship game today.  

Sad, sad day for Marquette.....next year Wisconsin wins three in a row.....too bad we blew the Shaka hire with the stupid "done deal" leak.  

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:54:04 PM by duanewade »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »
Wojo had everybody playing hard and dialed in on defense.    Please remember how limited this team is. 

Wojo did a hell of a job in this game.  Held a very good Madison team with some say 4 NBA players on it to 49 points.  He can't make them grow overnight.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 01:42:11 PM »
Wojo did a hell of a job in this game.  Held a very good Madison team with some say 4 NBA players on it to 49 points.  He can't make them grow overnight.

If the NBA is refilling their talent pool so heavily from this Wisconsin team then it may be time to fold the league up entirely.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 01:46:16 PM »
Anderson and Wilson play the lion share of the minutes and go combined 1 for 12 in the biggest game of their senior year and we only had three years of film in prior years to decipher that there was a high probability that they would deliver a similar performance today.  

I'm so sorry for making such a "dumb" comment(s) Jesmu and others....Wojo sure earned his lofty salary today by showing he is smarter than me and so many others burdened with common sense.  

MU fans have really showed how much they believe in our coach today too by not showing up in a see of red in-spite of tens of thousands of BADger fans going to the Big 10 Championship game today.  

Sad, sad today for Marquette.....next year Wisconsin wins three in a row.....too bad we blew the Shaka hire with the stupid "done deal" leak.  

None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see.

--Matthew Henry
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 01:47:05 PM »

Sad, sad today for Marquette.....next year Wisconsin wins three in a row.....too bad we blew the Shaka hire with the stupid "done deal" leak.  

Sounds like you think Shaka Smart has access to some sort of player stretching machine. Good to know your arguments are grounded in facts and logic.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 01:48:32 PM »

Can anyone recommend a really good Vanilla Porter?  That just seems more relevant to me at this point than wasting time responding to these idiotic comments.  

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
Can anyone recommend a really good Vanilla Porter?  That just seems more relevant to me at this point than wasting time responding to these idiotic comments.  

Breckenridge is phenomenal.   Atwater is a little smoother.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 01:49:29 PM »

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »
Can you get Breckenridge at Discount Liquor?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »

Thank you, sir.  I'll have to head to the local Binny's in Chicago and pick up one of each.

As far Marquette basketball, I'm really intrigued to see how we are playing come February once Luke has been assimilated.  Ugly game today but not discouraged at all.  

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
Thank you, sir.  I'll have to head to the local Binny's in Chicago and pick up one of each.

As far Marquette basketball, I'm really intrigued to see how we are playing come February once Luke has been assimilated.  Ugly game today but not discouraged at all.  

Anybody who looked objectively at the team going in, looked at these two teams objectively, is neither surprised nor discouraged by today's result.   I am actually ENCOURAGED, based on how good MU's defense was.     Enjoy those Vanilla Porters. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »
Admittedly, the game plan of going at #44 over and over and over and over, flipping up awful shots that rainbowed nowhere .. was not a good game plan.

How many times did the audience have to scream "Nooooooo!" before Wojo flipped on the red light there?

feedback