[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Juan Anderson  (Read 5067 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Juan Anderson
« on: November 27, 2014, 10:58:25 PM »
So over the last few years I have been one of the many to fully bash a lot of his game(I was never one of the sadistic "fans" who bombarded his twitter however). I can confidently say that all my criticisms were warranted(could have possibly been more polite about them).

That said, we are so much f'ing better with him on the floor. Sure he will have a lot of dumb TOs and dribble off his foot and his FT shooting is inconsistent at best...but he's been HUGE. His hustle alone just makes everyone else seem that much more active. And now he has developed some very nice post moves too. Plus, he is the only 1 who consistently tries to rebound.

Carlino was obviously great today. Derrick in the second half did exactly what we need and was great. Duane was very active. Deonte had some great steals.

Juan was the key though. Second half he didn't have to sit with fouls and we rode the energy immediately.

As many of us have said, didn't think it would come to this point where we rely on him so much...but we flat out need him on the court right now.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Juan Anderson
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 11:01:50 PM »
Juan is playing like a senior with something to prove. He looks like that high school senior we were all watching mix tapes of a few years back. Love seeing this because he's been a great ambassador for Marquette. Though it does make me wonder what last year would have been like if we got this effort out of those seniors.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 11:03:46 PM »
Juan biggest issue always seemed to be confidence.  This year he doesn't have anyone to defer to and I've been very impressed with how he has stepped up his game.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »
Juan biggest issue always seemed to be confidence.  This year he doesn't have anyone to defer to and I've been very impressed with how he has stepped up his game.

Plus Tax
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 11:30:54 PM »
Plus he doesn't have a dysfunctional head coach effing with his head.

So nice to have you here, Mr. Anderson.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »
So over the last few years I have been one of the many to fully bash a lot of his game(I was never one of the sadistic "fans" who bombarded his twitter however). I can confidently say that all my criticisms were warranted(could have possibly been more polite about them).

That said, we are so much f'ing better with him on the floor. Sure he will have a lot of dumb TOs and dribble off his foot and his FT shooting is inconsistent at best...but he's been HUGE. His hustle alone just makes everyone else seem that much more active. And now he has developed some very nice post moves too. Plus, he is the only 1 who consistently tries to rebound.

Carlino was obviously great today. Derrick in the second half did exactly what we need and was great. Duane was very active. Deonte had some great steals.

Juan was the key though. Second half he didn't have to sit with fouls and we rode the energy immediately.

As many of us have said, didn't think it would come to this point where we rely on him so much...but we flat out need him on the court right now.

Well, I thought Juan played great today for all the reasons you mentioned.

But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the guy who scored 38 points -- and tied for the team high with 6 boards! -- was the key.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »
Juan looks great out there.  Happy to see him playing so well.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:38:26 PM »

But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the guy who scored 38 points -- and tied for the team high with 6 boards! -- was the key.

Carlino was the Stud of the Game. No questions asked. We don't win without him obviously. But we also don't win without Juan.

I called Juan the "key" because in the second half when he was able to get back into the game we really swung momentum. To me that was the key.

We had all 5 starters play 30 min or more and I think all of them but Steve were huge in different ways for us closing out the game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 11:40:42 PM »
Carlino was the Stud of the Game. No questions asked. We don't win without him obviously. But we also don't win without Juan.

I called Juan the "key" because in the second half when he was able to get back into the game we really swung momentum. To me that was the key.

We had all 5 starters play 30 min or more and I think all of them but Steve were huge in different ways for us closing out the game.

I understand everything you say. But if Baldy doesn't go for 38, Juan would be remembered for having an OK all-around game in a 20-point loss.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 12:48:10 AM »
Juan's defense today was unbelievable. Took on Cox and Mitchell head on and won a lot of the battles.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 01:19:08 AM »

I agree but there was no way this was Steve's game he was gonna be destroyed down low by fresh legs all game.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »

Maybe we have more than one key on this ring.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »
Juan should be singled out for his effort and ability this year. His energy has been high octane for every game.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 03:14:38 PM »
I would just like to remind everyone about my prediction about Juan leading the team in scoring. Pulling a ners here and patting myself on the back.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »
I would just like to remind everyone about my prediction about Juan leading the team in scoring. Pulling a ners here and patting myself on the back.

Well it's been 5 games out of about 32.

But great start!!