Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Post game Wojo comments  (Read 6372 times)

Logi4three

• Team Captain
Post game Wojo comments
« on: November 27, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »
Wojo:

Loved the fighting spirit of the team.  Thought this was the first game that our team was ready to fight, start to finish.

Thinks zone was a big reason for the win.  As for how he would like to play (read man D), said some things they just wont be able to do what they want to do.  

Wanted JJJ to hit first and miss second.  Thought his miss was great, but clock workers didn't start the clock when they should have otherwise a catch and shoot wouldn't have even been posible.  

Guys were more scrapy today and that helped get GT out of its game.

Juan is an everyday guy. Very dependable.  Even when he is not having an outstanding game.

Michigan State is a great opportunity for our team.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
Re: Post game Wojo comments
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:35:18 PM »
Homer & Mc couldn't recall who the last MU player was that accounted for more than half the team's points (38 out of 72).   Anyone?

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:36:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Excited to be in the Winners bracket.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »
Homer & Mc couldn't recall who the last MU player was that accounted for more than half the team's points (38 out of 72).   Anyone?

This is going way back, but I remember Wardle scoring every single one of Marquette's 21 points in the first half against Quentin Richardson and DePaul.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 10:47:44 PM »

Tony Smith scored 44 of our 65 in a loss @UW-Madison in the 1989-90 season.

My only game at the old fieldhouse...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 10:52:34 PM »
Wojo:

Loved the fighting spirit of the team.  Thought this was the first game that our team was ready to fight, start to finish.

Thinks zone was a big reason for the win.  As for how he would like to play (read man D), said some things they just wont be able to do what they want to do.  

Wanted JJJ to hit first and miss second.  Thought his miss was great, but clock workers didn't start the clock when they should have otherwise a catch and shoot wouldn't have even been posible.  

Guys were more scrapy today and that helped get GT out of its game.

Juan is an everyday guy. Very dependable.  Even when he is not having an outstanding game.

Michigan State is a great opportunity for our team.

That last line sounds like coaches speak for they are very beatable.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 10:57:26 PM »
I'm very interested in the zone. I wish Wojo would have said more about that.

I wonder if it was just for GT? Or did Wojo go to this because it's better for our team's current ability? How does it change the offensive strategy? Etc.

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:08:35 PM »
I know it's not quite half but Vander scored 30 of our 63 in a win against South Florida in 2013.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 12:35:33 AM »

I wonder if it was just for GT? Or did Wojo go to this because it's better for our team's current ability? How does it change the offensive strategy? Etc.

Not sure but Georgia Tech was definitely the team to do it against. They only have one established three point shooter.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:51:33 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »

Jimmy butler went 30 of our 60 in our loss to Cinci. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 09:28:40 AM »
Jimmy butler went 30 of our 60 in our loss to Cinci. 

That game pissed me off so much. Felt like we were turning a corner coming into it, then just laid a steaming turd right in the middle of the BC on Senior Night. And followed it up with a bad loss at Seton Hall in a game we were never really in. Still amazing that team made the Sweet 16.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 09:30:50 AM »

Just my interpretation, but sounded like he was saying it's best for our current ability.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 09:55:36 AM »
Even though it wasn't exactly 1/2 of MU's points, Steve Novak's 41 pt performance against ...#2 UCONN @ the Bradley Center ranks as one of the all time performances in MU history.  94-79 final score to upset Jim Calhoun by an unranked MU team. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 10:43:16 AM »
This is going way back, but I remember Wardle scoring every single one of Marquette's 21 points in the first half against Quentin Richardson and DePaul.

Was at the game as a student.  Wardle had all 17 of MU's first half points and finished with 21 in the 55-35 loss.  My friends and I were joking Wardle needed to pass to himself.  Funniest part is it actually happened.  There was a play where Wardle had the ball up top, his pass was deflected in the lane, Wardle ran to the baseline, grabbed the ball and shot in one motion.  Swish!  I really hope the official scorer gave Wardle an assist on that play, similar to how a QB catches his own pass off a deflection at the line of scrimmage and is credited with both a completion and a catch.

ttheisen

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 10:43:47 AM »
Even though it wasn't exactly 1/2 of MU's points, Steve Novak's 41 pt performance against ...#2 UCONN @ the Bradley Center ranks as one of the all time performances in MU history.  94-79 final score to upset Jim Calhoun by an unranked MU team.  

Proving we belonged in the Big East, which was huge at the time.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 10:45:55 AM »
Was at the game as a student.  Wardle had all 17 of MU's first half points and finished with 21 in the 55-35 loss.  My friends and I were joking Wardle needed to pass to himself.  Funniest part is it actually happened.  There was a play where Wardle had the ball up top, his pass was deflected in the lane, Wardle ran to the baseline, grabbed the ball and shot in one motion.  Swish!  I really hope the official scorer gave Wardle an assist on that play, similar to how a QB catches his own pass off a deflection at the line of scrimmage and is credited with both a completion and a catch.

Was at that game too - Crean's first season of rebuilding the program from the awful recruiting of Mike Deane. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 10:48:22 AM »

That's right...21 for the game. Wardle was a one-man team that night.

That night was probably the best one-man rebounding performance I ever saw. I think Richardson had 16 rebounds. Just everything that came off it seemed he was right there.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 10:50:18 AM »
Additional comments from Wojo and Carlino from late last night (w/video) here at Paint Touches.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback