[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 10:46:31 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rolling Stone UVA Article  (Read 1166 times)

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Rolling Stone UVA Article
« on: November 25, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »
Didn't see this on here and read this today. On my mobile the rest of the evening, but briefly: 1) I think there is a serious complacency around sexual assault on college campuses, 2) I'd like to see a proactive investigation and report-out on current state at MU. And 3) For MU to take its place as a leader in enacting an explicit "yes means yes" policy regarding consensual sex.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-20141119
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Rolling Stone UVA Article
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »
Didn't see this on here and read this today. On my mobile the rest of the evening, but briefly: 1) I think there is a serious complacency around sexual assault on college campuses, 2) I'd like to see a proactive investigation and report-out on current state at MU. And 3) For MU to take its place as a leader in enacting an explicit "yes means yes" policy regarding consensual sex.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-20141119

As I recall, a few years ago some hippie lib arts college instituted a policy where you were required to receive explicit verbal permission at each step, e.g., "Can I give you a hug?" "May I kiss you?"  "Is it okay if I touch you there?"

Always wondered how that worked out for them.
Have some patience, FFS.

LloydsLegs

• All American
Re: Rolling Stone UVA Article
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »
As I recall, a few years ago some hippie lib arts college instituted a policy where you were required to receive explicit verbal permission at each step, e.g., "Can I give you a hug?" "May I kiss you?"  "Is it okay if I touch you there?"

Always wondered how that worked out for them.

Since September, that now is the LAW for California schools accepting state money for student financial aid (which meaans almost all).

chapman

• All American