[Today at 10:19:19 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Talent  (Read 25109 times)

drbob

• Scholarship Player
Talent
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:23:02 PM »
This is not a talented team.   Don't expect Wojo to make a silk purse  from a sow's ear !!!

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Talent
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:26:58 PM »
You need to save this excuse for Wisconsin/ GT, etc.    You've invalidated the excuse already, by bringing it out for NJIT.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:28:08 PM »
Were in a Nailbiter with NJIT........... This is insane....

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:30:34 PM by Nevada233 »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »
Disagree. There is definite talent here. Phenomenal athleticism. The problem is they just aren't basketball players.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »
Disagree. There is definite talent here. Phenomenal athleticism. The problem is they just aren't basketball players.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
Everyone on the roster, outside of maybe Wilson and Dawson were HIGHLY recruited. I'm not accepting that. These guys are getting beat by 2 star kids. There is plenty of talent to whip teams like NJIT.

mcderjim

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »
MU is in the Top 10 for spending money on our basketball program. Did I hear NJIT is the only Independent left and can't qualify for NCAA tournament?  Wonder what they spend? Obviously Buzz blew our tuition money on something - not sure what. Administration let us down and now this team with no talent has no hustle. Incredible embarrassment !

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 09:45:30 PM »
We need Derrick to put us on his back and lead us to victory.  Time for him as captain to rally the troops and take control of this game.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »
We need Derrick to put us on his back and lead us to victory.  Time for him as captain to rally the troops and take control of this game.

So much for the self imposed ban.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:54:16 PM »
6 RSCI Top 100 players.  Once Luke Fisher is here it will be 7.  On paper it may be our most talented team in 30+ years. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:59:55 PM »
6 RSCI Top 100 players.  Once Luke Fisher is here it will be 7.  On paper it may be our most talented team in 30+ years. 

Davante, Jae, DJO, Jimmy, not RSCI top-100. Jamail, EWill, Juan, Steve, all RSCI top-100. Maybe those rankings are a tad overrated, just like our players.

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 10:00:37 PM »

Ahhhh, the pointless obsession resurfaces.   Equilibrium restored.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

drbob

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 10:03:42 PM »
You don't win games on paper.  I have been a die-hard warrior fan for over 40 years, so it does hurt to watch this fiasco.  Even if we pull it out and win it will still be a pathetic showing.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 10:04:23 PM »
Ahhhh, the pointless obsession resurfaces.   Equilibrium restored.   

Not at all.  I just want to see him do what captains do...and start to show why he's being played big minutes.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 12:19:39 AM »
Not at all.  I just want to see him do what captains do...and start to show why he's being played big minutes.

Ners not a Derrick apologist but he was clearly our third best all around player tonight behind Anderson and Duane Wilson.

You may want to jump on Carlino and JJJ for a bit.  Derrick actually being the least of our problems may be our biggest problem.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 12:20:41 AM »

What a douche. 

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 12:36:35 AM »
Interesting tidbit about how Carlino's great uncle played for Al McGuire.  My guess is that if we put him in the game, he'd do a much better job of staying in front of his man.  Nice offense tonight Carlino going 0 for 5.  You're garbage. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 12:46:44 AM »
Interesting tidbit about how Carlino's great uncle played for Al McGuire.  My guess is that if we put him in the game, he'd do a much better job of staying in front of his man.  Nice offense tonight Carlino going 0 for 5.  You're garbage. 

There's a difference between critical and insulting. Carlino had a rough game tonight but I thought he was fine the first two games and fine on offense in the third.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 12:51:22 AM »
Well if there's one thing we know going forward, it's that Ners is gonna be down $500 by seasons end.

Ellisium

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 12:55:11 AM »
There's a difference between critical and insulting. Carlino had a rough game tonight but I thought he was fine the first two games and fine on offense in the third.

What's insulting is that he isn't bringing much to the table for being one of the more experienced guys on this roster. 

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 01:08:14 AM »

You are a broken juke box.

Hey, tell us about d. Wilsons shortcomings. Let's do that again. None of us know. We need a YMCA runner up to tell us.

How many practices have you watched?

How many sit-downs with Wojo and Buzz have you had?

You clearly know so much. I can't wait for the opinion you have given 123689 times.

You are an awesome poster here. How is that vote working out?

Ellisium

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 01:13:11 AM »
You are a broken juke box.

Hey, tell us about d. Wilsons shortcomings. Let's do that again. None of us know. We need a YMCA runner up to tell us.

How many practices have you watched?

How many sit-downs with Wojo and Buzz have you had?

You clearly know so much. I can't wait for the opinion you have given 123689 times.

You are an awesome poster here. How is that vote working out?

D. Wilson is our best perimeter defender and the best option to bring the ball up under a press. 

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 01:14:09 AM »
Geez, it is great to be fans, but there is a point you have to just realize these are students playing basketball for our entertainment.  Calling a student garbage is way out of line.  I do like the new Carlino look.  When he came on the floor it was like "who is the new Marquette player?"  In anycase, if this is going to give you an ulcer, you need to step away.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 01:19:42 AM »
D. Wilson is our best perimeter defender and the best option to bring the ball up under a press. 

Fine. I also think it's funny that some here think we can play zone, though. Wilson doesn't have any lateral quickness and there is no help defense in a zone unless the ball handler penetrates the paint/rim. If you want to play a great zone, you need to recruit for it. Carlino? Lateral quickness and huge wingspan? Yup. He's the second coming of Carter-Williams.

Ellisium

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 01:22:53 AM »
Fine. I also think it's funny that some here think we can play zone, though. Wilson doesn't have any lateral quickness and there is no help defense in a zone unless the ball handler penetrates the paint/rim. If you want to play a great zone, you need to recruit for it. Carlino? Lateral quickness and huge wingspan? Yup. He's the second coming of Carter-Williams.

We played zone tonight on a possession or two and were shredded.  LMAO @ Carter-Williams. 

feedback