'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Hang On……...Help is on the Way  (Read 2712 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Hang On……...Help is on the Way
« on: November 23, 2014, 03:30:38 PM »
I waited 24 hours before posting anything after yesterday. Teams like Marquette never lose to teams like Nebraska-Omaha. Thank God UWM isn't on the schedule this year!

Then, just then, an old Little River Band song from 1979 entered my mind. The refrain…..

Hang on….. Help is on the Way!

We're in trouble. On that score there is no doubt. I'm not sure Luke can help us much -- maybe he can. But Kareem or Bill Russell (or even Shaq) he's not. The real help is coming a year from now, when the reinforcements from Northern Wisconsin get here.

I think there is some talent on this team. But it lacks both a killer instinct and seems to think defense, one the hallmark of Marquette, is an afterthought. I am confident Wojo is really upset and working this one, but defense takes time to learn and evidently too much of this year's team was skipping class when defense was taught last year.

Things will change as reinforcements arrive. In the meantime, "Hang on…,. Help is on its way!"

GGGG

• All American
Re: Hang On……...Help is on the Way
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 03:32:51 PM »
I never knew that was a Little River Band song.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 06:48:01 PM »
I waited 24 hours before posting anything after yesterday. Teams like Marquette never lose to teams like Nebraska-Omaha. Thank God UWM isn't on the schedule this year!

Then, just then, an old Little River Band song from 1979 entered my mind. The refrain…..

Hang on….. Help is on the Way!

We're in trouble. On that score there is no doubt. I'm not sure Luke can help us much -- maybe he can. But Kareem or Bill Russell (or even Shaq) he's not. The real help is coming a year from now, when the reinforcements from Northern Wisconsin get here.

I think there is some talent on this team. But it lacks both a killer instinct and seems to think defense, one the hallmark of Marquette, is an afterthought. I am confident Wojo is really upset and working this one, but defense takes time to learn and evidently too much of this year's team was skipping class when defense was taught last year.

Things will change as reinforcements arrive. In the meantime, "Hang on…,. Help is on its way!"
I like our recruits and they will help, but realistically none are noted for defense. The one tough rebounding kid we had recruited,Gabe Levin, elected to transfer.  Wojo needs to teach some defense
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:47:17 PM by Texas Western »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »
My fear is we have all these heralded recruits coming in and once they put the MU uniform on their ability to put the ball in the basket and play defense and be aggressive disappears.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 08:30:16 AM »
My fear is we have all these heralded recruits coming in and once they put the MU uniform on their ability to put the ball in the basket and play defense and be aggressive disappears.

Agreed.

We are doomed.

Doomed, I say!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »
http://youtu.be/0A5XOIMs6D0

Add a teal shader to that

feedback