[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: PLEASE SUPPORT THESE GUYS  (Read 9927 times)

DarkWarrior

• Starter
PLEASE SUPPORT THESE GUYS
« on: November 23, 2014, 11:15:49 AM »
New coach, system changes, player changes.

We all knew this was probably not our year. If we are lucky, things may stabilize as the kids figure out Wojo's system and with a key player addition on 12/15. This is a time to just be part of the Marquette Basketball journey. The good days will be even brighter following these difficult moments. I am quite sure this is all 100X harder on the kids and WOJO in particular. I hated yesterday's game, it was painful to watch but I stayed until the last moment and cheered every play. Let's stay as positive as is possible, these kids need to know we are completely with them through thick and thin. That is part of what makes good programs become great programs. I am confident WOJO will make the right basketball moves, let's be the Fans he needs to succeed.

Mane37

• Walk-On
Re: PLEASE SUPPORT THESE GUYS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »
+1,000,000

New coach, system changes, player changes.

We all knew this was probably not our year. If we are lucky, things may stabilize as the kids figure out Wojo's system and with a key player addition on 12/15. This is a time to just be part of the Marquette Basketball journey. The good days will be even brighter following these difficult moments. I am quite sure this is all 100X harder on the kids and WOJO in particular. I hated yesterday's game, it was painful to watch but I stayed until the last moment and cheered every play. Let's stay as positive as is possible, these kids need to know we are completely with them through thick and thin. That is part of what makes good programs become great programs. I am confident WOJO will make the right basketball moves, let's be the Fans he needs to succeed.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:25:48 AM »
+1

This team is learning a lot and while it probably won't be this year, we will need these kids to grow and become good players for us in the coming years. Losses are never fun, but the Marquette basketball team deserves our support through thick and thin. It may be harder to be a fan in the tough times, but they only make the good times that much more rewarding.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »
Normally I'd think this post was corny, but in this case I support it. For some reason I feel yesterday will represent a rock bottom type moment and the program kind of needed an excuse to wipe the cow sh*t off the bottom of our shoes.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:28:49 AM »
Great post, Dark Warrior.

JD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »
I'm all for supporting the team and I do to the fullest, however these "kids" receive a free education and are playing in the highest level of college athletics.  Losing to Omaha is inexcusable.  There's no other way to put it.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »
I'm all for supporting the team and I do to the fullest, however these "kids" receive a free education and are playing in the highest level of college athletics.  Losing to Omaha is inexcusable.  There's no other way to put it.

Yeah. It is excusable. They are still kids and they are representing Marquette. As bad as you think you feel, I am positive they feel 1,000 times worse, and their coach even worse than that. Winning is a process. It will take time. And if you can't cheer for these kids when times are rough, you don't deserve to cheer for them when they win.

JD

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »
Yeah. It is excusable. They are still kids and they are representing Marquette. As bad as you think you feel, I am positive they feel 1,000 times worse, and their coach even worse than that. Winning is a process. It will take time. And if you can't cheer for these kids when times are rough, you don't deserve to cheer for them when they win.

This doesn't warrant a reply, but you won.  In case you couldn't see it before I said "I'm all for supporting the team and I do to the fullest"

Glad to know I have to listen to some dumb ass telling me when I can and can't cheer for the team.  Take the juice boxes and orange slices elsewhere.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »
Could not agree more. Often "Boosters" are thought of as those that financially support a program. That is not always the case. One can be a "Booster" of a program simply by "buying in" for the long haul, continuing to go to games, and being a force of positivity.

Support this team. Choose to see the glass half full. Believe in this rebuilding process. Be a Marquette Booster.
We Are Marquette

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 01:13:37 PM »
+1000000
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 01:19:27 PM »
Yup.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 01:20:15 PM »
This doesn't warrant a reply, but you won.  In case you couldn't see it before I said "I'm all for supporting the team and I do to the fullest"

Glad to know I have to listen to some dumb ass telling me when I can and can't cheer for the team.  Take the juice boxes and orange slices elsewhere.

Sorry, but the negativity of some people, especially when targeting these "kids" (as you like to use the quotes) that are giving their all representing you disgusts me. I think any fan that boos has no business calling themselves a fan and anyone that needs to tear these guys down on an internet message board comes across as the epitome of fair-weather. It's not just you personally, but anyone that can't support our team in the tough times too. If you just want to win all the time, go cheer for Duke or Kentucky or the Yankees.

YNWA

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 01:22:47 PM »
+1

Looks like the women's team may be having similar difficulties. Lost to D2 Lewis earlier (though Lewis is good). I'll go to a few games and keep supporting the guys...and girls. A little less vitriol makes the Board a more pleasant place.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »
I was at MU during the bleakest of the Dukiet years.   I have no problem supporting these guys because (A) I love MU and it appears that these are good kids. (B)  Anybody who looked at this season with any amount of objectivity going in shouldn't be surprised.  (C)  I don't beat up college kids.    New coach, inexperienced players with a lot of upside, no size, no depth, quality people.    I am still all in, I just am not outcome oriented this season.    Go Marquette!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

SuddenSam

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 01:48:10 PM »
Great thread, agreed not fun but endure and support the journey, if you believe as I do that the stage is set for future success.  Much work to do but the correct structure is in place for success to occur.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 01:55:31 PM »
Agree 100%.  All great kids - met them at the BBQ, and they were wonderful representatives of the university.  Wojo will get this thing back on track.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:57:59 PM »
Thank you for starting this thread. Tired of all the negativity that has already been hurled at the team and the coaches in the last almost 24 hours. You'd think by the general attitude we had an 88-game winning streak snapped yesterday. If you're going to turn against the team at the first sign of adversity, you most definitely aren't a fan. This team is a work in progress for both the players and the coaches and the future is bright.

Go Warriors!!
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »

oh, so what do you suggest we do? take away there scholarships?  get down and give us 25?  or fine them 2 library books?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Shark

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 03:12:50 PM »
Well put. Agree %100

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 03:23:43 PM »
i think if you're going to try and be a hard a$$, and make juice and orange slice comments, then you better realize the "free education" these "kids" get is a drop in the hat compared to what MU makes off of them...and you wouldn't have the guts to rip the ball boy to his face, let alone rip one of the players to their face.  the fact, as you stated, that they are playing d1 ball probably means they know a thing or two about toughness and hard work.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »

God you're a tool.

Anyone who breaks out "inexcusable!!!" after a loss deserves all the sh*t they get anyway.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 03:27:16 PM »
I'm like PRN.  I usually don't like threads like these, but this is great.  Everybody needs to just calm down.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
Sorry, but the negativity of some people, especially when targeting these "kids" (as you like to use the quotes) that are giving their all representing you disgusts me. I think any fan that boos has no business calling themselves a fan and anyone that needs to tear these guys down on an internet message board comes across as the epitome of fair-weather. It's not just you personally, but anyone that can't support our team in the tough times too. If you just want to win all the time, go cheer for Duke or Kentucky or the Yankees.

YNWA

Fans boo the home team all the time. It is your right to do that when you pay for your ticket. Fans get frustrated and if they want to voice their displeasure by booing, then so be it. To say they're fair weather fans is false imo. I think it shows they're passionate.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
1.  You don't boo your team. Ever.  You think they are not trying to win?  It is frustrating and watching the fine, being there, was frustrating. But you don't boo.  That's like applauding when an opponent gets hurt. You don't do that.

2.  It is easy to support a winning team. But the team needs to be supported all the time. It is tough when they lose or we get frustrated because we think they should be better.  I'm guilty of that too.  But I will support the team. And never boo them

Good post DW. Thanks for the reminder.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:59:27 PM by Daniel »

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »
1.  You don't boo your team. Ever.  You think they are not trying to win?  It is frustrating and watching the fine, bring there, was frustrating. But you don't boo.  That's like applauding when an opponent gets hurt. You don't do that.

2.  It is easy to support a winning team. But the team needs to be sussported all the time. It is tough when they lose or we get frustrated because we think they should be better.  I'm guilty of that too.  But I will support the team. And never boo them

Good post DW. Thanks for the reminder.

BS! I'm a Packer season ticket holder and they get booed periodically. Packer fans are known as the most loyal fans there are. It happens. It's high major basketball, not grade school. It is nothing like applauding when an opponent gets hurt  ::)

feedback