Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dear coach Wojo  (Read 5732 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Dear coach Wojo
« on: November 22, 2014, 10:17:39 PM »
Please give Dick Bennett a call... Or another coach who can teach you how to coach defense.  I love your persona, recruiting, zone offense, etc. but if you can't teach basic defense we ain't gonna win much. Today was an embarrassment.  Have some pride and figure it out, but if you don't, my liver won't last this season.
Sincerely, pissed off MU fan
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Dear coach Wojo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »
And Wojo was a defensive player of the year? He is not imparting that skill/knowledge on his team.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:38:04 PM »
The little boys are out tonight
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »
Must of set a record for the times Omaha scored within 6 seconds of a Marquete basket.  

hoopsfan4ever

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:34:59 AM »
Wojo may turn out to be the right person for the job--it is too early to tell. But I did not like how the hiring process for head basketball coach was conducted by Marquette. In my opinion an interim AD should not be conducting the hiring process for a new head coach. Marquette should have given the incoming/new President a chance to make an appointment for the AD vacancy. And then let the AD selected by the new President  conduct the hiring process for head basketball coach. I would think that a lot of prospective head coaching candidates would not be thrilled with the thought of being hired by an AD who is on the job only on an interim basis.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
If MU had waited to have an AD in place before hiring a BB coach it would have been June before that all could have happened.  You may not like the process but from a practical standpoint they couldn't wait until an AD was hired to hire the BB coach.

brandx

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 11:38:57 AM »

brandx

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 11:40:38 AM »
Maybe we should wait until he gets to coach the players he recruits. I am guessing they will work a little harder on defense.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »
Must of set a record for the times Omaha scored within 6 seconds of a Marquete basket.  

That would've been Kansas against Marquette in the 2003 Final Four.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 02:08:57 PM »
Wojo may turn out to be the right person for the job--it is too early to tell. But I did not like how the hiring process for head basketball coach was conducted by Marquette. In my opinion an interim AD should not be conducting the hiring process for a new head coach. Marquette should have given the incoming/new President a chance to make an appointment for the AD vacancy. And then let the AD selected by the new President  conduct the hiring process for head basketball coach. I would think that a lot of prospective head coaching candidates would not be thrilled with the thought of being hired by an AD who is on the job only on an interim basis.

So take a multiple month long process to hire a president and athletic director into a few day process just so they can have a say in who they hire as a basketball coach?  No thanks.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 02:30:01 PM »
So take a multiple month long process to hire a president and athletic director into a few day process just so they can have a say in who they hire as a basketball coach?  No thanks.

Exactly, hoopsfan just gave the worst possible advice.

As noted above, this would've taken weeks if not months and everybody would've left.   They're not waiting until June or July to find out who the new coach is when all of the transfer sponsor are getting filled.  Time was of the essence.

If you think the team is bad now, imagine if we had three scholarship players left and the best of the rec center fill out the rest of the team.  How would that of been a better choice?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 03:32:58 PM »
Down guys -- three games and you're ready to feed Wojo to the sharks in Lake Michigan.

Give him a chance to:
   -- Recruit and teach his players
   -- Refocus the Hillbilly's players
   -- Get everything settled.

Even John Wooden could not have turned this around as fast as some of you want!

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 03:41:48 PM »
That would've been Kansas against Marquette in the 2003 Final Four.
Kansas vs Marquette was over in the first 10 minutes.  The team looked completely in yaya land.  I didn't see the UNO game, but some UNO fans must of been pretty excited.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »
Down guys -- three games and you're ready to feed Wojo to the sharks in Lake Michigan.

Give him a chance to:
   -- Recruit and teach his players
   -- Refocus the Hillbilly's players
   -- Get everything settled.

Even John Wooden could not have turned this around as fast as some of you want!

+1

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 05:21:51 PM »
I am pleased that Wojo expressed his displeasure with splinters.   Carlino was one thing with foul trouble.   Sitting JJJ and STjr because of subpar effort and defense, despite not having a very deep bench?   Kudos.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GurneeHitchkr

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 08:30:30 PM »
Fair-weathered fans need to take their blankee and just go home.  Constructive criticism, thought out analysis and suggestions are welcomed, but just whining and complaining is nauseating.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 08:23:30 AM »
It's a rebuilding year with a small team. Give the guy some time. There are going to be lots of ups and downs this season. Yeah, everyone is upset we lost that game but no one is probably more upset than the players and coaches.

Hopefully that game was a wake up call that everyone needs to play with a little more urgency and refocus. It's early in the year...this board never ceases to amaze at some of the bs that comes out of peoples mouths. It's not the end of the world. To me, that game is a learning pt and hopefully a loss that pisses them off enough to get things back on track.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »
Dear Coach Wojo:

Why have you not already won a national title?

Pretty soon, our legendary patience will run out!

Love,
Scoopers
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 11:15:49 AM »
The previous 3 posts nailed it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 12:01:50 PM »
Kansas vs Marquette was over in the first 10 minutes.  The team looked completely in yaya land.  I didn't see the UNO game, but some UNO fans must of been pretty excited.

Not at all actually. They were silent. Didnt rub it in, hardly even cheered. Probably the best behaved opposing fans I have ever seen, especially considering the circumstances.