[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Get off the ledge  (Read 12578 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Get off the ledge
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2014, 10:47:10 PM »
Posted this in another thread but maybe it's better suited here.

In 2005, the triplets first year, we lost at home to Winthrop in our 2nd game of the year. We also lost to Nebraska by ten, who proceeded to go 7-9 in the big 12 and lose in the first round of the NIT. The following year we needed OT to beat Idaho State at home, then lost to North Dakota state. We all know how that season turned out.

I don't expect this team to improve to the extent that the 2005 team did, but we're a young, inexperienced team. It will get better. And if it doesn't, we still have next year.

Winthrop was a good team....coached by Gregg Marshall and went to the NCAAs

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2014, 10:12:06 AM »
We have Henry Ellenson's signature... All we need, right?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2014, 10:21:14 AM »
We have Henry Ellenson's signature... All we need, right?

For now, yes.

Most folks who were really able to objectively look at our roster knew this wasn't going to be a very good season. It's all about the future.

1. I'd like to think that the players who matter for our future will improve over the course of this season -- and those who don't improve will show they probably shouldn't be considered important players for 2015-16 and beyond.

2. Then enter Ellenson and the rest of the new blood.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »
A poor game all around.  Positives?  Duane and Derrick. On offense.  Other than that?  Not much.  Sandy is a keeper and will get stronger.  Maybe this loss will kick them in the ass for the rest of the season.  There's a lot of work to do all around, especially on D.  97 points?  F%$*!

JJJ no time in the second half.  Teve had very little impact.  JD again a no show.   

For those who think a mistake was made on Wojo, get serious.  No one figured this team to be very good, especially with Luke not on the court until December 14.  Give him time to get all the players back this year and HIS players next year.  It's maybe expected from some of the newbies on this board to go off the deep end, but it surprises me about some of the vets to have that attitude.  Wojo will be fine.

Go Warriors.

A first time head coach, with a very young and very inexperienced team, is struggling early in the season? And this is the team who didn't go to the NIT and then proceeded to lose a ton of points, rebounds and minutes from last season? This is a total shocker!

Seriously, just read the thread title and breathe. This season is a building season and a season to gain experience and grow. No need for all the hyperbole or ripping on the players and coach.

Thank you.  There's no denying it was an utterly embarrassing effort but some people need to get a grip and gain some perspective.  Judge this team on the progress (or lack of) from now until the end of the season.  

If our defense still looks like this come up February/March then fire away.  

Exactly.

This may not be the worst game this team plays this year.  They are very inexperienced, have an inexperienced head coach, have major gaps (especially without Fischer), and will have some pretty ugly days.  I also (still) expect better, more consistent play by January, and expect us to steal a game or two we shouldn't.  My biggest concern is how this will affect our tourney seed for 2016.

On the plus side, the game looked halfway decent on my iPad on my fox sports app.

Shame on the Marquette "fans" who are already giving up on Wojo after three games. Brent left us with a short, inexperienced and undermanned team. Lots of games left to play and this year is a work in progress for everyone, players and coaches alike.

My only prediction for this year was that we'd win some we expect to lose, and lose some we expect to win.

Today did nothing to change that.

Posted this in another thread but maybe it's better suited here.

In 2005, the triplets first year, we lost at home to Winthrop in our 2nd game of the year. We also lost to Nebraska by ten, who proceeded to go 7-9 in the big 12 and lose in the first round of the NIT. The following year we needed OT to beat Idaho State at home, then lost to North Dakota state. We all know how that season turned out.

I don't expect this team to improve to the extent that the 2005 team did, but we're a young, inexperienced team. It will get better. And if it doesn't, we still have next year.

Saw this thread and was hopeful it actually be on topic (silly me) and lack the doom and gloom of all the other threads since yesterday. Thought I'd excise the negativity and arguments about what is or isn't racist in case anyone else was in the same boat as me.

feedback