[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

How do you really feel....

Ners should be shot, eviscerated, and banned for 37 lifetimes
18 (14.4%)
Nebraska - Omaha is evil and must be destroyed
10 (8%)
Best wishes to Dish and family
21 (16.8%)
Options 2 and 3
72 (57.6%)
We miss Legs
4 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: November 24, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

Author Topic: Back to Warrior Basketball  (Read 9143 times)

Tums Festival

• All American
Re: Back to Warrior Basketball
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »
Favorite part 2 of trilogies?

Empire Strikes Back > Two Towers > The Dark Knight > Godfather Part II  > Evil Dead II > Back to the Future 2 > Bourne Supremacy > Iron Man 2 > Beverley Hills Cop 2

Other receiving votes: Robocop 2, Delta Force 2, Naked Gun 2 1/2, Mighty Ducks 2

If it can be part 2 of a franchise then Bride of Frankenstein.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »
Worst swear dubbing ever is in "High Fidelity". Everyone calling everyone else an "airhole".

I take that back. That's second place.  First place is "Kill Bill Vol. 1.  "My name is Buck and I like to *party*"

Best: "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 11:38:20 AM »
Worst swear dubbing ever is in "High Fidelity". Everyone calling everyone else an "airhole".

I take that back. That's second place.  First place is "Kill Bill Vol. 1.  "My name is Buck and I like to *party*"

Disagree. Best one is from Snakes on a plane: "I'm tired of these Monkey Riding snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!"
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 12:07:19 PM »
Disagree. Best one is from Snakes on a plane: "I'm tired of these Monkey Riding snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!"

That had to be intentional.  No way Sam Jackson would have done that overdub with a straight face.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 05:32:11 PM »
Since I'm at home now, I just double checked and Murron's jubilees definitely make an appearance.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
Bump.

What happened to the guy who posted on the coach's radio show?  I missed the start and would have taken better notes if I knew he was on vacation.  Comments I remember without checking (post beers):
1. Liked Teve's performance, but they are asking a lot of him and feel he can give a lot so he is capable of handling the pressure (I felt like he was going out of his way to not mention missing bunny shots, but I suspect that was just something I was thinking);
- Thinks Steve has a good feel for what move to make to avoid defenders;
- Thinks Steve also has a good feel for when he should kick the ball out;
2. Don't start talking about the tournament next week as they have UNO next and need to focus on them. UNO is big on transition (maybe close to leading the country on this) and said that they probably watched what tOSU did and are going to try to mimic that;
3. MU is close to leading the country in pressure D/turnovers and that he would like to see us convert more turnovers into points (read: don't miss bunnies and dunks);
4. MU did a great job defending Russell (he is very good);
5. Favorite non-sports related movie: Brave Heart (even over Gladiator); Favorite sports movie: remember the titans and Hoosiers over that;
6. Incoming recruits are great and we are a young team.  Wojo looks for guys who can perform during practice and under the lights of game day (knows how to tell who is ready to play when their number is called);
7. Team would say game minutes are determined based on practice and they tell the kids who (statistically) are doing best so starters should be no surprise. Jay Z & Beyonce practice! ; )  Assist to turnover ratio is very important... can't have empty possessions.
8. Hobbies: NONE!  Basketball is all consuming and he keeps his limited free time for his family.  Wrestles with 6 & 4 year old, they play jenga and 6 year old has caught the b-ball bug.  

I'm not doing any of this justice, so blame the regular guy for taking vacation and check out the feed here:
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=71&c=766&f=3653793

P.S. just listened to first 15 minutes and (spoiler alert): likes switchables (or more specifically "versatile" players who can play multiple positions), need to compliment that with a good point guard and thinks De Wil and Carlino are equally important (De Wil great D, Matt more offense), likes who we have as guards and coming in as guards.  Still drilling the team on what good open shots means, but players are learning and doing better at figuring it out.

Wojo also said we up get better shots after paint touches!  OMG - switchables and paint touches!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:19:28 PM by Daniel »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 10:15:54 PM »
Looks like scoop is showing our Jesuit values with Ners.

Of the 148 that want him banned(from his own thread), only 8 want him gutted like a deer.

Ners, your ok with me.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:57:18 AM by real chili 83 »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 12:15:48 AM »
Looks like scoop is showing our Jesuit values with Ners.

Of the 148 that want him banned(from is own thread), only 8 want him gutted like a deer.

Ners, your ok with me.   ;)

*you're*

Jesuit values  ;)
Have some patience, FFS.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »

Die Hard With A Vengeance - Samuel L. calling Bruce "melon farmer" is a personal favorite.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 06:45:43 AM »
If it can be part 2 of a franchise then Bride of Frankenstein.
What about all those lame Nerds movies?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 07:37:55 PM »
I joined the other 3 losers who missed me to give me 4 votes.  I've been lurking. 

No exciting story about world travels or personal travails.  Instead, stupidity and lethergy combined led to my prolonged absence from the board.  After trying to change my name back after Henry's initial (unofficial) commitment to MU, I must have messed up my password.  Tried a dozen times over the next few weeks to get back on, and couldn't get past registration etc...confirming emails must have wound up in internet hell...

So, like MU bball this year, I decided to start fresh using a new email address to register with a new name. 

And, for the record, in answer to each games "What's everybody drinking tonight/today?" so far this year:

No. 3 London Dry Gin (Berry Bros & Rudd)
Ninja v. Unicorn IPA (Pipeworks)
Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout (New Holland)

It was an interesting and at times frustrating (non?) exercise for me to be unable to respond to interesting and/or insightful posts and the trolls.  After a while, I was only frustrated by being unable to respond to the good ones.  Hope it stays that way.

On the team:  way to early to tell anything other than it is going to be a long year for W's, but hopefully by the end we have 4 or 5 guys set to hit the ground running next year.  It will be fun to watch Wojo and that development.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »
Welcome back RC.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 08:24:50 PM »
Thanks for looking!

feedback