[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

How do you really feel....

Ners should be shot, eviscerated, and banned for 37 lifetimes
18 (14.4%)
Nebraska - Omaha is evil and must be destroyed
10 (8%)
Best wishes to Dish and family
21 (16.8%)
Options 2 and 3
72 (57.6%)
We miss Legs
4 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 123

Voting closed: November 24, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

Author Topic: Back to Warrior Basketball  (Read 9141 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Back to Warrior Basketball
« on: November 20, 2014, 09:43:17 PM »
Okay, let's get back to business.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
Re: Back to Warrior Basketball
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 11:53:18 PM »
Bump.

What happened to the guy who posted on the coach's radio show?  I missed the start and would have taken better notes if I knew he was on vacation.  Comments I remember without checking (post beers):
1. Liked Teve's performance, but they are asking a lot of him and feel he can give a lot so he is capable of handling the pressure (I felt like he was going out of his way to not mention missing bunny shots, but I suspect that was just something I was thinking);
- Thinks Steve has a good feel for what move to make to avoid defenders;
- Thinks Steve also has a good feel for when he should kick the ball out;
2. Don't start talking about the tournament next week as they have UNO next and need to focus on them. UNO is big on transition (maybe close to leading the country on this) and said that they probably watched what tOSU did and are going to try to mimic that;
3. MU is close to leading the country in pressure D/turnovers and that he would like to see us convert more turnovers into points (read: don't miss bunnies and dunks);
4. MU did a great job defending Russell (he is very good);
5. Favorite non-sports related movie: Brave Heart (even over Gladiator); Favorite sports movie: remember the titans and Hoosiers over that;
6. Incoming recruits are great and we are a young team.  Wojo looks for guys who can perform during practice and under the lights of game day (knows how to tell who is ready to play when their number is called);
7. Team would say game minutes are determined based on practice and they tell the kids who (statistically) are doing best so starters should be no surprise. Jay Z & Beyonce practice! ; )  Assist to turnover ratio is very important... can't have empty possessions.
8. Hobbies: NONE!  Basketball is all consuming and he keeps his limited free time for his family.  Wrestles with 6 & 4 year old, they play jenga and 6 year old has caught the b-ball bug.  

I'm not doing any of this justice, so blame the regular guy for taking vacation and check out the feed here:
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=71&c=766&f=3653793

P.S. just listened to first 15 minutes and (spoiler alert): likes switchables (or more specifically "versatile" players who can play multiple positions), need to compliment that with a good point guard and thinks De Wil and Carlino are equally important (De Wil great D, Matt more offense), likes who we have as guards and coming in as guards.  Still drilling the team on what good open shots means, but players are learning and doing better at figuring it out.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:56:15 PM by Logi4three »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 12:45:14 AM »
Well done RC83. Well done.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 04:57:33 AM »
Switchables??!!
Jenga??!!
I need a shower....

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:52:43 AM »
Braveheart is waaaaay better than Gladiator.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:57:49 AM »

I respect your opinion, but WAY better? come on. 

Thread hijacked? ;)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 08:03:41 AM »
I respect your opinion, but WAY better? come on. 

Thread hijacked? ;)

I'll dial it back then...

Braveheart is waaay better than Gladiator.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 08:50:39 AM »
True, but right now Mel Gibson is still politically incorrect. Gadiator did have Connie Nielsen going for it--and she was definitely at her hottest in Devil's Advocate. All things are relative.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 08:53:38 AM »
but there was nudity in brave heart, not in gladiator right?  so that negates the hotness factor

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 09:03:49 AM »
but there was nudity in brave heart, not in gladiator right?  so that negates the hotness factor

Unless you are talking about men's bare asses, I don't recall any nudity in Braveheart.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
Unless you are talking about men's bare asses, I don't recall any nudity in Braveheart.

You're complaining?

Pretty sure Murron popped those Highland Puppies out though?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »
Gladiator is a fave and I can't help but watch several minutes of it every time I'm flipping around the channels and I land on it.

I only saw Braveheart once. Thought it was fine but not great. And I can't bring myself to watch even one minute of any movie involving one of the most raging anti-Semites on the planet.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 09:16:31 AM »
You're complaining?

Pretty sure Murron popped those Highland Puppies out though?

Not complaining...they just weren't particularly sexy in that context; just a bunch of dirty, pale guys mooning the enemy.  Also, it's not the kind of nudity most of you menfolk get excited about, either.

I don't remember seeing any Murron  nakedness, but then again, I see naked boobs every day, so it is not a big deal to me.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 09:20:22 AM »
but then again, I see naked boobs every day, so it is not a big deal to me.

Do you have evidence to substantiate these sightings?

Death on call

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »
the scene by the water after they get married I believe, female nudity for sure, its cut out on television obviously, and it is always on TV so that might by why you don't remember.  Either way I was joking.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
Gladiator is a fave and I can't help but watch several minutes of it every time I'm flipping around the channels and I land on it.

I only saw Braveheart once. Thought it was fine but not great. And I can't bring myself to watch even one minute of any movie involving one of the most raging anti-Semites on the planet.
Yeah, right up there with Al Sharpton.....whoops, we digress.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 09:58:51 AM »
Favorite part 2 of trilogies?

Empire Strikes Back > Two Towers > The Dark Knight > Godfather Part II  > Evil Dead II > Back to the Future 2 > Bourne Supremacy > Iron Man 2 > Beverley Hills Cop 2

Other receiving votes: Robocop 2, Delta Force 2, Naked Gun 2 1/2, Mighty Ducks 2

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 10:01:32 AM »
Favorite part 2 of trilogies?

Empire Strikes Back > Two Towers > The Dark Knight > Godfather Part II  > Evil Dead II > Back to the Future 2 > Bourne Supremacy > Iron Man 2 > Beverley Hills Cop 2

Other receiving votes: Robocop 2, Delta Force 2, Naked Gun 2 1/2, Mighty Ducks 2

Do they have to be trilogies?  If not:

Aliens

Terminator 2
Have some patience, FFS.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 10:09:10 AM »
but then again, I see naked boobs every day, so it is not a big deal to me.

Now you’ve put images rattling around the minds of a bunch of loser male message board posters.  Just like creepy Rob Lowe.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »
Don't forget the partial frontal moon.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 10:12:13 AM »
the scene by the water after they get married I believe, female nudity for sure, its cut out on television obviously, and it is always on TV so that might by why you don't remember.   

Reminds me of my favorite story regarding edited movies.  I had a VHS of "The Blues Brothers" that I had never taken out of the box.  One winter day when my 3 and 5 year old kids were going stir crazy in the house, I popped it into the VCR and said, "Here, watch this.  It's got good music in it."

Of course, I had been watching that movie on basic cable and network TV for over a decade at that point, and forgotten about the editing.  I was in the kitchen when I heard the Jake and Elwood shouting the F word as The Penguin beat them with a ruler.  I came flying into the family room, saying, "You know that's a very bad word, and you should never ever say it!"

Of course, it was closing the barn door after the cow had already gotten out.
Have some patience, FFS.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
Scarface on TV was my favorite, when they are asking him about the scar her responds something like "how do you get a scar like this from eating p****?", and the TV version "how do you get a scar like this from eating pineapple?"

I don't know, pineapples are sharp man, watch out scarface

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 10:48:04 AM »
Scarface on TV was my favorite, when they are asking him about the scar her responds something like "how do you get a scar like this from eating p****?", and the TV version "how do you get a scar like this from eating pineapple?"

I don't know, pineapples are sharp man, watch out scarface

Worst swear dubbing ever is in "High Fidelity". Everyone calling everyone else an "airhole".

I take that back. That's second place.  First place is "Kill Bill Vol. 1.  "My name is Buck and I like to *party*"
Have some patience, FFS.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 11:05:06 AM »
Reminds me of my favorite story regarding edited movies.  I had a VHS of "The Blues Brothers" that I had never taken out of the box.  One winter day when my 3 and 5 year old kids were going stir crazy in the house, I popped it into the VCR and said, "Here, watch this.  It's got good music in it."

Of course, I had been watching that movie on basic cable and network TV for over a decade at that point, and forgotten about the editing.  I was in the kitchen when I heard the Jake and Elwood shouting the F word as The Penguin beat them with a ruler.  I came flying into the family room, saying, "You know that's a very bad word, and you should never ever say it!"

Of course, it was closing the barn door after the cow had already gotten out.

Similarly, I must have seen Shawshank Redemption 12x on cable growing up. Had no idea how much cursing was in the actual movie until I bought the DVD.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 11:09:42 AM »
Hijack completed