'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

Do you want Ners banned?

Yes
161 (53.7%)
No
139 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 298

Voting closed: November 25, 2014, 11:21:46 AM

Author Topic: Should Ners be banned?  (Read 53662 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Should Ners be banned?
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2014, 08:04:35 PM »

How do y'all get Ners outta Pinkberry?

Gosh damnit you never fail to crack me up.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »
+ 100 for being rational of which I should not have to give out, but when this forum is a sea of teenagers in 20-something bodies that lack core fundamentals, then expected behavior shall be praised.  Well written Connie.  I shall inform the Dark Lord of your esteemed character. 

You of all people should be talking  ::).

By the way, what kind of fundamentals are we talking about here?  We all know Ners has both fundamentals and street skills when it comes to on the court.

Also, anybody else find it absolutely hilarious that Ners calls people out every time they talk about being done posting here and/or putting someone on ignore, yet here he is starting an entire thread about himself?  I'm fairly certain I've seen him call others hypocrites.  Might be time to look in the mirror.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2014, 08:10:34 PM »

By the way, what kind of fundamentals are we talking about here?  We all know Ners has both fundamentals and street skills when it comes to on the court.

Also, anybody else find it absolutely hilarious that Ners calls people out every time they talk about being done posting here and/or putting someone on ignore, yet here he is starting an entire thread about himself?  I'm fairly certain I've seen him call others hypocrites.  Might be time to look in the mirror.

Me?  You don't know me!!!  I'm a newbie - Assistant and Procurer for the Dark Lord.  Beware ....... He shall rise again! 

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2014, 08:21:59 PM »
Just want to keep this thread alive. It has great, untapped potential for some early season levity. Have a great weekend, Marquette Nation.

<a href="http://media.giphy.com/media/39u6idkvR5ZlK/giphy.gif" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://media.giphy.com/media/39u6idkvR5ZlK/giphy.gif</a>
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:24:01 PM by Avenue Commons »
We Are Marquette

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2014, 12:03:07 AM »
Another example of the oft repeated fallacy that there is "relentless unwarranted praise of Derrick."  This simply is not true.  I cannot remember one example of a poster relentlessly praising Derrick for anything other than being an outstanding teammate---a judgement I believe Ners shares.  That is what is so frustrating to me about this entire topic.  The debate really concerns whether or not Derrick was the best of the available bad options.  This year our options are different, and I wish Ners and the board would concentrate on that, not the f'd up disaster that played out last year.

+1. Excellently stated. There was no one consistently praising Derrick. The best I remember anyone saying is "best option on the team right now" "very good defender" "high character kid." He certainly got trashed more than he got praised. This was never an argument about if Derrick Wilson was good, it was an argument about Derrick Wilson being less inadequate than Jamil/Mayo/Dawson at the PG.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2014, 01:46:44 AM »
Me?  You don't know me!!!  I'm a newbie - Assistant and Procurer for the Dark Lord.  Beware ....... He shall rise again! 

Dude MU_hilltopper already outed either your IP address or something as the Mikedeanesdarkglasses guy so it's just weird to do what you're doing at this point
Maigh Eo for Sam

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2014, 02:05:35 AM »
Dude MU_hilltopper already outed either your IP address or something as the Mikedeanesdarkglasses guy so it's just weird to do what you're doing at this point

Your subpar logic has failed you once again.  Beware, for the Dark Lord may take his fury out on thee.  And if he gives you mercy when he returns.... then I shall be the thorn in your side.  For he is not me, nor I him, but part of the same kin. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2014, 06:15:09 AM »

Also, anybody else find it absolutely hilarious that Ners calls people out every time they talk about being done posting here and/or putting someone on ignore, yet here he is starting an entire thread about himself? 

Surely, somewhere, there is a GIF of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction saying 'I will not be ignored.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2014, 07:07:53 AM »

8. The BMA smackdown of Ners loses its luster if Ners isn't around to argue about how it wasn't a smack down.

PS. This list came out way less funny than it was originally envisioned in my mind. Honestly, it is pretty much comedic crap. Feel free to edit and revise as you all see fit.

I actually laughed out loud.  Even if the list wasn't as funny as you'd envisioned, No. 8 was great.  It's still probably my favorite post ever on Scoop.

P.S.  I also voted no.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2014, 07:22:12 AM »
You can't be serious. He was praised relentlessly last year by numerous posters.

You and woody warrior keep making this claim but you can't seem to back it up.  Why don't you provide us with some examples of this relentless praise of Derrick that forces poor Ners to make 5,000 posts ripping the kid.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2014, 07:48:10 AM »
Anyone else equally hoping and fearing that Ellisium is really Ners trying to hijack a thread that he made about himself into a thread totally about his nom de plume?

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »
This site is an embarrassment to MU. People come here to see what's new with MU basketball and the most active thread is about and created by some attention whore jagoff poster

Every time people on this site wonder why our fanbase isn't taken seriously, please reference this thread.

Although I'm sure there are similar threads on Duke, Kentucky and Wisconsin sites....

connie

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2014, 08:33:52 AM »
This site is an embarrassment to MU. People come here to see what's new with MU basketball and the most active thread is about and created by some attention whore jagoff poster

Every time people on this site wonder why our fanbase isn't taken seriously, please reference this thread.

Although I'm sure there are similar threads on Duke, Kentucky and Wisconsin sites....

So every fan board has the same elements, but we should be embarrassed.  Got it.  Thanks for contributing.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2014, 08:54:29 AM »

Then don't come here any longer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »
Your subpar logic has failed you once again.  Beware, for the Dark Lord may take his fury out on thee.  And if he gives you mercy when he returns.... then I shall be the thorn in your side.  For he is not me, nor I him, but part of the same kin. 

I highly recommend you change your name to ...

DARK LORD OF DOUCHEBAGGERY

Or maybe ...

DARK LORD OF DIPcrapTERY

Or maybe ...

DARK LORD OF DUMBASSERY
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2014, 09:31:42 AM »
You and woody warrior keep making this claim but you can't seem to back it up.  Why don't you provide us with some examples of this relentless praise of Derrick that forces poor Ners to make 5,000 posts ripping the kid.
Look it up yourself. Love the internet people who expect others to do their click research for them.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2014, 09:41:13 AM »
Look it up yourself. Love the internet people who expect others to do their click research for them.

But he did and TSmith34 found nada.  The lesson?  To this point there is no internet search engine that can search the dark recesses of your and Wojo'sMojo's imaginations.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

thekahoona

• Starter
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2014, 09:52:22 AM »
This whole thread is beginning to remind me of this:

http://youtu.be/bD4xwK13lGk

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2014, 09:57:53 AM »

How do y'all get Ners outta Pinkberry?

My wife actually preferred Red Mango. As for myself, when she would suggest a Red Mango run I would always counter with a trip to a local single malt dispensary.

Death on call

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2014, 09:59:02 AM »

You made the claim, yet you can't back it up.  The transparent attempt to make believe others are just too lazy to prove your point for you is just pathetic and sad.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2014, 10:18:36 AM »
Surely, somewhere, there is a GIF of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction saying 'I will not be ignored.'

Ask and ye shall ....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »

p.s. Go Sox.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »
You can't be serious. He was praised relentlessly last year by numerous posters.

False.  He was preferred over John Dawson.  Multiple people (including myself) who had that preference, also acknowledged his play was bad.  That's it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2014, 10:27:38 AM »

Did we really attend the same school? Like i used to think mu had some standards about who it admits
Maigh Eo for Sam

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2014, 10:51:42 AM »
Ners must be sitting back just enjoying what he created here:

Relationes Incrementum Victoria