Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Do you want Ners banned?

Yes
161 (53.7%)
No
139 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 298

Voting closed: November 25, 2014, 11:21:46 AM

Author Topic: Should Ners be banned?  (Read 53847 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Should Ners be banned?
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2014, 07:48:29 PM »
Waited all day for this.

Reply 100!!!
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2014, 07:56:12 PM »
I voted no. However, my hope is by doing this poll you realize you should change your posts.

That, or see a psychiatrist.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2014, 07:56:32 PM »
Thanks Ners.

Haha exactly what I was going to say.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2014, 07:58:36 PM »
I think we nned a poll on whether Nebraska-Omaha is EVIL and must be DESTROYED.

Eff this thread.  Let's get back to business!!!!

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »
I don't think Ners should leave. There are certain posters whose relentless, unwarranted praise of Derrick probably provoke Ners into setting the record straight. These same posters continually "poke the bear," then complain we he brings up his points. It takes two to tango. The same goes for everybody who whines about Chicos.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2014, 08:08:40 PM »
Hmm .. could this turn into a 128 page thread and beat 2012's record?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=31777

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »
Don't post often obviously but really enjoy reading contrasting opinions except the usual couple folks I have on ignore.  Every once in a while I will bring them back on board just to verify the reasons I have them on ignore in the first place. Then I am reminded of the famous Einstein quote on insanity about "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."  That is how I feel about any thread that Ners is actively participating in. Tied for first place is you know who.

I voted to ban - Pete Rose lifetime ban if it is available.

Solid post Squido. Been there.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

connie

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »
I don't think Ners should leave. There are certain posters whose relentless, unwarranted praise of Derrick probably provoke Ners into setting the record straight. These same posters continually "poke the bear," then complain we he brings up his points. It takes two to tango. The same goes for everybody who whines about Chicos.
I vote a resounding "no."  As frustrated as I am that discussions always seem to devolve into a "Derrick sucks/he's the best we have,"  I value Ners' opinion and devotion.  

I still can't recall ANYONE that offers "relentless unwarranted praise of Derrick."  If they are out there, they should be the ones banned, unless they are speaking about his character, which I don't recall Ners ever questioning.

And starting your own poll does seem a little needy.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2014, 08:28:56 PM »
I voted yes not because I necessarily think he should be banned but because it will be very funny when he is "voted out" and absolutely nothing changes.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »

All sorts of wrong here. No one goes out of their way to start threads talking about the "relentless, unwarranted praise of Derrick." If you'll notice though, Ners created 2 threads just in the last few days, this one and the "interesting quotes" thread. So, who is the one provoking? Who is the one constantly bringing stuff up?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2014, 09:02:31 PM »
He'll leave like Hess left. This site's addictin', hey?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:25:11 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »
I like Ners and voted no, but am having second thoughts.

Why in all hell with two games into the season are we making posts about Derrick Wilson who's averaging only 16 minutes/game?  While the PG play of last year was subpar, it has no bearing on this season and after watching both games I can definitively say that adding or subtracting Derrick's minutes wouldn't have changed the outcome in either game.

Come on Ners you're losing even those who have stood up for both you and your positions.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

GurneeHitchkr

• Starter
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »
I like the suggestion that he be banned to only 5 posts per day.  Then he'll really have to think hard about what he's going to say before he says it.  That'll save the rest of us hours per week reading all of the retorts.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »
I voted, but wish I had read all these posts before I did. Well done Board. My question is, WWBDD....What Would Big Daddy Do?

brandx

« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2014, 09:39:34 PM »
I like the suggestion that he be banned to only 5 posts per day.  Then he'll really have to think hard about what he's going to say before he says it.  That'll save the rest of us hours per week reading all of the retorts.

You read 'em?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
Complete rookie here/long time lurker so cast this off as you feel fit.  IMO..it's America and the internet so everyone is free to express their own opinion.  I voted 'no'.

However, if i could be so bold as to provide a personal allegory.... Not long ago the wife and I were at a party where we were not meshing at all with the other guests.  Political and religious opinions (probably aided by vodka) were causing differing points of view to turn into uncomfortable conversations.  We decided to leave via Irish goodbye but not wanting to waste a babysitter decided to try a restaurant we hadn't been to.  We went on to have a fabulous night and heard from many friends that the party was equally great.  The lesson is that most times everyone is happy when people are honest with themselves and do what they know is right and most times the Irish goodbye works for everyone. 

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »
To be fair, he makes alot of decent points regarding Buzz and Derrick. However I still hate him for the way he attacked people who didn't play basketball in highschool.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2014, 11:50:43 PM »
Ners brings more entertainment than the majority of you dolts combined.  Without him, this forum would be as bland as generic oatmeal every morning for 15 years.   

Of course ..... the entertainment value will double when the dark lord himself returns.  Take Heed !!!!!!!!!

No to banning Ners and yes to the return of the One with Dark Glasses!

Death on call

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2014, 05:48:03 AM »
Yeah--the thought police are always good to have around, right...right? That is surely the direction we should all take.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2014, 06:52:08 AM »
Ners is the Derrick Wilson of posters... he's getting pt whether you like it or not
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2014, 07:02:59 AM »
Ners is the Derrick Wilson of posters... he's getting pt whether you like it or not

LOL  :D  Post of the week!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2014, 08:13:26 AM »
The topic isn't "Should Ners be banned" since he posted it himself. 

It's "Should I (Ners) go away."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2014, 08:36:16 AM »
There are certain posters whose relentless, unwarranted praise of Derrick

I'd be curious to see an example or two of these relentless-praise-of-Derrick posts
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2014, 08:38:15 AM »
One thing is clear: Ners should be banned from posting polls, especially about himself.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2014, 08:51:44 AM »
NO  Right or Wrong I like his passion.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust