'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Let's hope Dick Strong will buy out Wojo's contract soon....  (Read 33034 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Let's hope Dick Strong will buy out Wojo's contract soon....
« on: November 19, 2014, 07:43:14 AM »
I was holding my nose last night.

Juan Anderson bringing up the ball with Carlino?????

OSU full court press and zone completely dictated the game and we never tried to counter it by attacking it or speeding up the game with our athletes????

Speaking of athletes....our two most talented players in Duane Wilson and Deonte Burton who's talent we need to showcase instead ride the bench and then play sparingly in a walk up offense. 

Team has no fight and fumbled dunks and break away lay-ups?????

Defensive breakdowns all night????

Even had the horrible color announcer (who wouldn't shut up) making excuses for Wojo saying we have only 9 scholarship players even though our bench is full of top 100 players and most teams only go 7 to 8 in their rotation. 

Maybe next year we'll have Heldt bring up the ball against a full court zone and keep Duane and Deonte on the bench and bring them in only if we want to catch up and avoid getting totally embarassed like we were last night!!!!!! 

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Let's hope Dick Strong will buy out Wojo's contract soon....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:48:28 AM »

OSU full court press and zone completely dictated the game and we never tried to counter it by attacking it or speeding up the game with our athletes????

Speaking of athletes....our two most talented players in Duane Wilson and Deonte Burton who's talent we need to showcase instead ride the bench and then play sparingly in a walk up offense. 

Even had the horrible color announcer (who wouldn't shut up) making excuses for Wojo saying we have only 9 scholarship players even though our bench is full of top 100 players and most teams only go 7 to 8 in their rotation. 

Maybe next year we'll have Heldt bring up the ball against a full court zone and keep Duane and Deonte on the bench and bring them in only if we want to catch up and avoid getting totally embarassed like we were last night!!!!!! 

I remember my first basketball game.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 07:49:26 AM »
I'd like to think you meant to use teal Duane, but my guess is you couldn't figure out how to do that from your mom's basement.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 07:50:00 AM »
Hooo Boy. Here we go again. Lot's of insight in the above analysis.. Anderson: clueless on D. De. Wilson: standing on perimeter passing the ball around there is not productive. Dua. Wilson: should be getting all Derrick's minutes; he can drive, shoot. is quicker, and a better disher. Bane: has defensive lapses but can provide scoring.

Hope Wojo can sort this out.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »
Always entertaining when people post before sleeping off their hangover....

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 07:56:33 AM »
wow - I was significantly happier with last nights OSU game than last years....

not happy on the Defensive breakdowns - but they can work on that...

getting Fischer should help immensely

getting DU Wilson more playing time should help immensely...

found a new poster to put on ignore

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »

Somebody is just funnin' us here, right?

I mean ... come on ... in real life nobody can possibly be this dense!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
I remember my first basketball game.

Bingo. I had the exact same reaction before I read your post. Too much nonsense in there to even begin to comment on substantively.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 08:34:03 AM »
I was about to ask why there were so many "complain about the complainers" posts since almost everyone was even-keeled after the game and there weren't really any crazy overreactions. 

Then I read this. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 08:35:18 AM »
I remember my first basketball game. beer.

FIFY
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »
Can't have any opinion until we reach the 5 year mark (per chicos)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 08:45:11 AM »

And the Pinhead Post of the Year goes to....

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 08:48:19 AM »
I've never blocked anybody on Scoop since I've been here ..... until now

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 09:19:45 AM »
Nothing like the tried-and-true strategy of speeding up the tempo against a team that is deeper and more talented than you...
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »
I'm guessing this was sarcasm. If not I almost feel bad for the guy who posted this and is getting abused for it. That being said he's clearly a freshmen who was expecting MU to go 40-0 every year he was here... Or it's buzz williams and he's regretting he left so he's hoping Wojo gets bought out.
Maigh Eo for Sam

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 09:32:53 AM »
If tOSU shoots 44% from 3, and we shoot 41%, it's a 2 point game.

Just sayin'

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
Can't have any opinion until we reach the 5 year mark (per chicos)

You can have all the opinions you want.  I, personally, won't FULLY judge until that time period but will have plenty of in progress opinions along the way. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 09:42:35 AM »

Thanks Buzz for posting your thoughts on the game.  How's the new gig treating  you?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »
You can have all the opinions you want.  I, personally, won't FULLY judge until that time period but will have plenty of in progress opinions along the way. 

Lots of examples that make FULLY judging after 5 years a fool's errand, too (Wooden, Coach K, etc.). You don't FULLY judge a guy until he hangs up his whistle but you make judgments along the way nonetheless.

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »

There are so many gems to choose from, but this is my favorite.  Because if I know anything about basketball, it's that if you have a bench "full" (all three of them?) of top-100 players, and if that's more than the average NCAA team's rotation, then you get to win every road game against top-20 opponents.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »
Thanks for the chuckles, Jake & TAMU.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 10:24:33 AM »

Wade, did you watch the game? Wojo yanked Burton as soon as he chucked up his ill advised three point attempt early in the shot clock. Forget holding your nose, you might do yourself a favor and stop watching.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 10:32:39 AM »
Nothing like the tried-and-true strategy of speeding up the tempo against a team that is deeper and more talented than you...

+1  Well played.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GOO

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
I'm not going to go back into the original posters history, but I sense a troll on our network trying to get the natives wound up.
Glad we didn't take the bait. 

We performed better than I expected, frankly.  Anything under 20 points to me was better than I would expect.  On the road against a good team, early in the season with a new coach.  I didn't expect too much.

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 12:37:13 PM »

One of the best analyses I've read so far.  Juan Andersen bringing up the ball was agonizing.  He had difficulties with the press.  Not to mention, the press wasn't that ferocious either.  Teams are going to watch this tape and play pressure on MU until a solution is found.  This means Derrick Wilson will be controlling the ball, which limits the offense. 

Team played untethered when it came to fundamentals.  This may have been one of the worst performances in terms of fundamentals in a long time.  We shot ourselves in the foot with poor plays.  The missed dunk and Steve Taylor's dribble off the knee were a disgrace.  No excuses there.  That's on the coach.  There definitely seemed to be a lack of discipline, especially on defense.  How do you let a team shoot 65% with an effective FG% of 75%?  Serious Red Flag.  You won't win any games giving that up.   

People seem to be ok that it was closer than expected.  The thing that isn't realized is that Ohio St. is overrated and was a good matchup for Marquette.  Ohio St. made a lot of mistakes that were self inflicted.  They're going to have a tough time in the Big Ten where big men are aplenty. 

feedback