[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More trouble IU  (Read 21606 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: More trouble IU
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2014, 09:16:56 AM »
A 19 year old child?

I suggest taking your post to the Indiana boards, which are shockingly familiar to these boards toward the end of Crean's tenure.

Cool response, bro. I'll do that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »

You chittin' me? Ain't happenin'. If you got the virus once, lifetime immunity is guaranteed, aina?

Depends on what part of town you do your late night street prowlin'

Death on call

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2014, 08:38:28 PM »
It's EW!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
Was IU playing drunk?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »
Was IU playing drunk?

No shock they lost. Coming off a win against a nationally ranked team that many rate as having multiple NBA talents, the Hoosiers were likely due for a comedown to reality.

It's not as impressive as the Marquette achievement of losing against a nationally ranked team that many rate as having multiple NBA talents and then losing to a program that exists in NCAA limbo during their transition from Division II to Division I, but I suspect for both fanbases the shame remains the same.

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »
No shock they lost. Coming off a win against a nationally ranked team that many rate as having multiple NBA talents, the Hoosiers were likely due for a comedown to reality.

It's not as impressive as the Marquette achievement of losing against a nationally ranked team that many rate as having multiple NBA talents and then losing to a program that exists in NCAA limbo during their transition from Division II to Division I, but I suspect for both fanbases the shame remains the same.

Most people on here would sugarcoat that and inflate them to full-fledged Division I legitimacy.  I commend you on your accurate description. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2014, 10:14:44 AM »

I know MU is bad.   I've been saying all year they would be.  Asking if IU was playing drunk after 1/2 the team has had some sort of alcohol-related issue over the past year is just fun. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2014, 10:20:39 PM »
IU's loss got quite a mention on Pardon The Interruption today.

Kornheiser noted that Eastern Washington had been 0-20 all-time in arenas that seated 10,000+.

Wilbon responded: "Crean and the Hoosiers are having some issues, Tony, aren't they?"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2014, 09:17:37 AM »

Kornheiser noted that Eastern Washington had been 0-20 all-time in arenas that seated 10,000+.

Wilbon responded: "Crean and the Hoosiers are having some issues, Tony, aren't they?"

Are they having issues? Two of their top five in minutes are Freshmen. A third is a Sophomore. And they've won three of four games, including against the best team they've played to this point. I could only hope Marquette would have those "issues" with our young players.

Also, don't watch that drivel. It makes people dumber.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »
A Tom Crean coached team with unbalanced classes that is thus negatively impacting the team overall?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
Are they having issues? Two of their top five in minutes are Freshmen. A third is a Sophomore. And they've won three of four games, including against the best team they've played to this point. I could only hope Marquette would have those "issues" with our young players.

Also, don't watch that drivel. It makes people dumber.

I watch hardly any shows like that but I know Mike personally, he is a great guy, and he and Tony have wonderful chemistry. They often are funny and usually decent insight.

As for your other point, who was comparing Indiana to Marquette? I wasn't.

Indiana has a veteran coach who already is seven years on the job there and has had all of his own recruits for several seasons now. Indiana is supposed to be one of the best jobs in college basketball, a place where it is almost impossible to fail.

Since you compared Indiana to Marquette, the latter has a new coach who inherited a nine-man squad with no height, no difference-makers, no rebounders and poor defenders.

It wouldn't be fair to Crean to compare Wojo's team to Crean's first Indiana team, because Crean's cupboard was completely bare while Wojo has a few players who have a chance to be good. But it's probably fair to compare Wojo's team to Crean's second and/or third teams, which went 10-21 and 12-20, respectively.

But, again, I wasn't comparing Indiana to anybody. Don't shoot the messenger.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
I know Mike personally

Name dropper!

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2014, 04:41:37 PM »
Name dropper!

Guilty.

What I should have said is he knows me personally!

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2014, 05:42:00 PM »
I watch hardly any shows like that but I know Mike personally, he is a great guy, and he and Tony have wonderful chemistry. They often are funny and usually decent insight.

As for your other point, who was comparing Indiana to Marquette? I wasn't.

Indiana has a veteran coach who already is seven years on the job there and has had all of his own recruits for several seasons now. Indiana is supposed to be one of the best jobs in college basketball, a place where it is almost impossible to fail.

Since you compared Indiana to Marquette, the latter has a new coach who inherited a nine-man squad with no height, no difference-makers, no rebounders and poor defenders.

It wouldn't be fair to Crean to compare Wojo's team to Crean's first Indiana team, because Crean's cupboard was completely bare while Wojo has a few players who have a chance to be good. But it's probably fair to compare Wojo's team to Crean's second and/or third teams, which went 10-21 and 12-20, respectively.

But, again, I wasn't comparing Indiana to anybody. Don't shoot the messenger.

Not sure you needed that many words to prove my point about the drivel that television program inspires.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2014, 01:07:21 PM »
Not sure you needed that many words to prove my point about the drivel that television program inspires.

Please tell me where I erred in that post.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2014, 08:52:05 AM »

As the wise Wilbon pointed out last week, the issues continue for Crean and his Hoosiers after last night's game against Pitt.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »
Anyone want to guess what Vegas's odds are on Crean AND Harbaugh both losing their head coaching gigs this year?
SS Marquette

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
Jamie Dixon misses the BE and being able to recruit NYC. Will he last?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2014, 12:12:03 AM »
As the wise Wilbon pointed out last week, the issues continue for Crean and his Hoosiers after last night's game against Pitt.

Yep. A home win against a mediocre ACC team that lost to Hawaii and barely beat Samford.

You're right. They're loving Crean in Hoosierville!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:06 AM »
The only thing wise about PC Wilbon is that he is a wiseass.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »
Yep. A home win against a mediocre ACC team that lost to Hawaii and barely beat Samford.

You're right. They're loving Crean in Hoosierville!

Don't be one of those drivel drones. Any fanbase likes to be 6-1.

You need not work so hard to pooh-pooh Indiana wins. Plenty of losses on the horizon.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »
Don't be one of those drivel drones. Any fanbase likes to be 6-1.

You need not work so hard to pooh-pooh Indiana wins. Plenty of losses on the horizon.

Stating facts is not hard work.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2014, 10:55:10 AM »
Stating facts is not hard work.

For some in this country, it is.

You'll get your Indiana loss tomorrow night. And eat it up, I'm sure.

feedback