[Today at 02:02:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by We R Final Four
[Today at 01:59:35 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Where Does Jim Harbaugh Coach Next Year?

San Fran 49ers
14 (22.6%)
Chicago Bears
9 (14.5%)
Michigan
31 (50%)
Somewhere Else
8 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Poll: Where Does Jim Harbaugh Coach Next Year?  (Read 20905 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Poll: Where Does Jim Harbaugh Coach Next Year?
« on: October 31, 2014, 07:05:49 PM »
If Harbaugh leaves the 49ers (I'll give it 50/50 right now), I bet he stays in the NFL and the woeful bears show Trestman the door for Harbaugh (see Renteria making room for Joe Maddon)

I picked the Bears

brandx

Re: Poll: Where Does Jim Harbaugh Coach Next Year?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:17:11 PM »
If Harbaugh leaves the 49ers (I'll give it 50/50 right now), I bet he stays in the NFL and the woeful bears show Trestman the door for Harbaugh (see Renteria making room for Joe Maddon)

I picked the Bears

The Bears need to give Trestman more time - maybe 8-10 years to see what he can do. If he proves unworthy, bring back Wannstedt (with Mike Tice as OC).

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
TRESTMAN SUCKS.

- from a 49ers fan

Harbaugh stays. Hard thing for Harddick is that he won't part with his idiot friend and OC Roman.
SS Marquette

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 01:11:20 PM »
I highly doubt the Bears would hire Jim Harbaugh. He's a loose screw...always has been...and the McCaskey's have hired one oddball after another. It's as if they are so uncomfortable with themselves that they resort to hiring equally awkward people to feel better about themselves. Even their GM is weird. The whole situation is unlike any in the NFL, and with their history and fan base they should be a juggernaut!

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
Brandon's resignation removed a major obstacle to Harbaugh being hired by Michigan. Not saying it's a #donedeal by any means, but the path is much clearer.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 12:40:07 PM »
In Ann Arbor yesterday.   Chatting in the stands of the big house.   No one could come up with another name if Harbaugh says no.    That is a crappy position to be in. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 01:06:15 PM »
In Ann Arbor yesterday.   Chatting in the stands of the big house.   No one could come up with another name if Harbaugh says no.    That is a crappy position to be in. 
Les Miles and John Harbaugh
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

chapman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 06:54:36 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to stay in the NFL.  Don't think he's in San Francisco much longer.  I'd give him the nod  over the sourpusses in the locker room, but I don't think he wants one hand tied by them and the other by his biggest supporter, a $126 million mistake.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 07:09:11 PM »
I don't know if this is Harbaugh or not, but many coaches who have done college and pros can't stand the thought of having to go back to college to recruit -- or as Kevin O'Neill once put it, "lying to 18-year-olds' mothers."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
I don't know if this is Harbaugh or not, but many coaches who have done college and pros can't stand the thought of having to go back to college to recruit -- or as Kevin O'Neill once put it, "lying to 18-year-olds' mothers."

Steve Spurrier, Mike Reilly, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Pete Carroll (the first time), Bobby Petrino, Rich Brooks might disagree with this.  It probably holds more truth on the basketball side of college/pros than it does in football.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 08:08:49 PM »
There's zero, zilch, zip chance of Harbaugh coaching the Bears next season.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 09:42:53 PM »
Steve Spurrier, Mike Reilly, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Pete Carroll (the first time), Bobby Petrino, Rich Brooks might disagree with this.  It probably holds more truth on the basketball side of college/pros than it does in football.

I said "many." And I said I don't know if Harbaugh is among the many.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 09:52:08 PM »
I said "many." And I said I don't know if Harbaugh is among the many.

Yeah and I'm saying I think you're wrong when it comes to the NFL. Not many coaches leave college coaching jobs to take NFL coaching jobs, and many that do end up back coaching college after a short and typically unsuccessful NFL coaching gig.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 10:24:30 PM »
Yeah and I'm saying I think you're wrong when it comes to the NFL. Not many coaches leave college coaching jobs to take NFL coaching jobs, and many that do end up back coaching college after a short and typically unsuccessful NFL coaching gig.

Maybe I should have put a qualifier in my earlier post and said something like this: Many who have done both college and pro sports would rather be in the pros so they don't have to deal with recruiting and with alums. But most who go from the pros back to college did so because they couldn't hack it in the pros.

Think of that list that you threw out there a few posts ago: Steve Spurrier, Mike Reilly, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Pete Carroll (the first time), Bobby Petrino, Rich Brooks.

How many of them willingly went back to college after conquering the pros? Answer: None. They went back because they were unmitigated failures in the NFL. And as soon as the best of the lot -- Carroll -- had a chance to get back to the NFL, he took it. And he left a mess behind at USC.

Oh, and I found that exact K.O quote:

"In the NBA, I never have to lie to an 18-year-old's mother."

Of course, Kevin ended up going back to college, too ... but only after he failed spectacularly in the NBA. Methinks if he had succeeded in the NBA, he'd still be there. Methinks the same about Calipari and Pitino.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »
John Clayton on ESPN suggests Harbaugh wants to stay in the NFL and he will not be with San Fran.  He thinks he gets traded.

Cutler for Harbaugh!!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »
John Clayton on ESPN suggests Harbaugh wants to stay in the NFL and he will not be with San Fran.  He thinks he gets traded.

Cutler for Harbaugh!!

I concur with Clayton.  But don't even joke about us taking on a second $126 million quarterback who sucks  ;).  I think the organization would keep him in the Bay and send him to Oakland, send him to the Jets if they clean house and bring in someone who wants him.  But with one year on the contract and the impossibility of staying, Harbaugh has all the leverage and might like the Giants or Falcons.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:14 AM »
To my understanding, the last two times the Michigan job was open Harbaugh wasn't offered the job. If called upon, does he want to come back and save his alma mater? I know he and Schembechler were tight, so maybe he does. That's the difference between Harbaugh and the Sabans, Holtzs and Carrolls is that he would be coming back to his school and not just college in general.

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 10:49:47 AM »
To my understanding, the last two times the Michigan job was open Harbaugh wasn't offered the job. If called upon, does he want to come back and save his alma mater? I know he and Schembechler were tight, so maybe he does. That's the difference between Harbaugh and the Sabans, Holtzs and Carrolls is that he would be coming back to his school and not just college in general.
Wasn't formally offered the job last time, but was asked about it. Was clear he wanted to head to NFL.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 09:55:58 PM »

Cutler for Harbaugh!!

Crazy that there have been 49er vets who have taken sides on his future.

Some saying the anti-Harblows sentiment is false and overblown, others reporting that players think he's still using a college coach mentality.

He may be a FB die-hard but he sounds nothing like a Stanford "product" with his uhs, ahs, and short unintelligible responses.

Gamer coaches are admired until they start struggling. Singletary had that in SF before Hardd'oh.
SS Marquette

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 08:53:07 AM »
After last night's game, Harbaugh to Bears will heat up. As I've said, Harbaugh will go to Michigan if he wants to save his school. If not, who knows what happens.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »
Where's the option for Indiana??

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:50:39 AM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2014, 11:51:49 AM »
After last night's game, Harbaugh to Bears will heat up. As I've said, Harbaugh will go to Michigan if he wants to save his school. If not, who knows what happens.
gets a raise either way, and one doesn't saddle you with Cutler.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »

Cutler for Harbaugh!!

Ran into Clayton in a local Bellevue watering hole and asked about Harbaugh to Michigan. Clayton just laughed and suggested it will never happen. It was a fly-by so I didn't get details but his response was all I needed.

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 08:14:35 PM »

Here is the problem.  If Harbaugh can't get along with Trent Baalke, who is largely considered one of the better GMs in the game, is he going to want to work for Emery?  He is probably going to want to pick his own GM.  And I don't see the McCaskey family doing that.

I was listening to Hub Arkush on the Score today, and he thinks that they should dump both Trestman and Tucker right now in order to shake everything up and give the personnel department to get a better evaluation on the current roster.  They should then hire a "football czar" like Green Bay did with Wolf.

Honestly it might be better for the Bears if Harbaugh wins the power struggle in San Francisco so Baalke can come to town.  That is what they need right now.

brandx

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »
Harbaugh will do everything he can to stay on the West Coast - it's where he wants to be.

feedback