collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: And the Bucks...  (Read 5038 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
And the Bucks...
« on: October 30, 2014, 05:58:37 AM »
And the Bucks, admittedly in a rebuilding year, blow a double digit fourth quarter lead at Charlotte to open their NBA season.  Arrrggghhh.

reinko

• All American
Re: And the Bucks...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:20:06 AM »
And the Bucks, admittedly in a rebuilding year, blow a double digit fourth quarter lead at Charlotte to open their NBA season.  Arrrggghhh.

They are tanking for Jahlil Okafor, to complete the Duke extension campus in the MKE.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:40:44 AM »
New faces. Same garbage. Might want to win a game or two. Could help rally support for that new arena.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:48:31 AM »
New faces. Same garbage. Might want to win a game or two. Could help rally support for that new arena.

How are they supposed to win two games when they have only played one?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 08:54:02 AM »

In LeBron's first season in Miami, the Heat won 72 games and 5-6 championships before ever taking the floor, so it's been done before.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »
To be fair, this is a Hornets team who made the playoffs last year, added Lance Stephenson, and are supposed to be even more improved, not to mention on a BIG night where they launched the new name, jersey, and franchise direction.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »

Man, the moron level on this board keeps on rising.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
Good thing the Bucks traded 2 draft picks for a coach that wasn't even wanted by his franchise anymore who is 1 year removed from playing in the NBA and has a total of 1 entirely underwhelming coaching season under his belt.  The Bucks were the laughing stock of the NBA for that move.  He has an offensive coach (who he allows to draw up the last play rather than calling one himself), a defensive coach, and considering he had an incredibly veteran team last year, a year after being a player himself, he clearly has no history of player development, so what, exactly, does Jason Kidd bring as a head coach?

At the very least he should know that in the NBA you foul while up 3 points inside of 5 seconds to go.  Immediately after Middleton missed the first free throw while up 2 every single player on the Bucks should've been aware that they were fouling immediately after the Hornets crossed half court.  The chances of an NBA player making even a contested (and he ended up with a wide open) 3 pointer are much, much higher than an NBA player making the first free throw, then missing the second, his own team getting the offensive rebound, and them scoring off of the offensive rebound all within about 4 seconds.  That is almost a 0% possibility in the NBA.  Making even the most contested of 3 pointers is still a 20%+ possibility with NBA guards.  I get that the players turned the ball over and the Bucks stopped scoring, but you still make that simple call and you walk out of there with a win.  Clueless.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 10:46:18 AM »
To be fair the last play the "offensive coach" called worked perfectly, really couldn't of gone any better short of hitting the shot  ;)

Totally agree about fouling when up 3, they really fell apart in general in the fourth.  I didn't watch the begging of the game but I was basically yelling at Brandon Knight in the fourth, he reminded me of Jerel McNeil his junior year driving into 3 guys getting stuffed with 15 seconds left on the shot clock... yuck

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
more people than I would have thought actually tuned into last night's game

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 10:56:23 AM »
To be fair the last play the "offensive coach" called worked perfectly, really couldn't of gone any better short of hitting the shot  ;)

Totally agree about fouling when up 3, they really fell apart in general in the fourth.  I didn't watch the begging of the game but I was basically yelling at Brandon Knight in the fourth, he reminded me of Jerel McNeil his junior year driving into 3 guys getting stuffed with 15 seconds left on the shot clock... yuck

Absolutely.  It was a great play.  I'm just saying, if you aren't coaching offense, and you aren't coaching defense, and you clearly have never developed any talent, then what are we trading 2 picks and firing a proven coach for?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 10:56:49 AM »
Yeah, 4 rather than 2, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 10:59:44 AM »
more people than I would have thought actually tuned into last night's game

Bucks will lose a lot, but they are going to actually be fairly fun to watch.  I'd love to see Sanders start out well and trade him for something worth while.  Same with OJ Mayo.  Hopefully those 2 stay healthy and out of trouble up until the trade deadline and you can ship them to someone looking for an extra piece for a Playoff run.  Take those pieces and add a high draft pick and you have something going.  Just need a coach...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »
Bucks will lose a lot, but they are going to actually be fairly fun to watch.  I'd love to see Sanders start out well and trade him for something worth while.  Same with OJ Mayo.  Hopefully those 2 stay healthy and out of trouble up until the trade deadline and you can ship them to someone looking for an extra piece for a Playoff run.  Take those pieces and add a high draft pick and you have something going.  Just need a coach...

CBB needs 5 years to make decision on a coach, and you need 1 game.  Methinks it is somewhere in the middle.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 12:07:09 PM »
CBB needs 5 years to make decision on a coach, and you need 1 game.  Methinks it is somewhere in the middle.

Haha true.  But he did have last season with Brooklyn and I wouldn't exactly say they had an overwhelmingly good season.  It's not like the Bucks are good enough to have the luxury of wasting 2 draft picks, and it's not like Jason Kidd is some all time great, proven coach.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »
But do they think players will want to play for Kidd as a former NBA legend?  Maybe they think it will help with FAs, which isnt a bad play if that is the case.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 10:04:31 AM »

Different for pro coaches since they aren't recruiting, bringing in classes, see if they develop and graduate.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »
But do they think players will want to play for Kidd as a former NBA legend?  Maybe they think it will help with FAs, which isnt a bad play if that is the case.

I'm not holding my breath that any big name NBA free agents are counting down the days until they can come play under Jason Kidd in Milwaukee.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »
Also, is Kidd's wife, Porschela (sp?), the same wife he got caught up in domestic violence problems with a few years back? The Milwaukee sports media are crowning her Queen of Milwaukee.

The Milwaukee sports media can speak no evil about the New Bucks ownership or coach and I think they will be a disaster. All I can hope for is that the scope of their failure doesn't become evident until *after* MU gets its new arena.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »

The Milwaukee sports media can speak no evil about the New Bucks ownership or coach and I think they will be a disaster.

Based on what? Not being cheeky, I'm actually curious.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »
Also, is Kidd's wife, Porschela (sp?), the same wife he got caught up in domestic violence problems with a few years back? The Milwaukee sports media are crowning her Queen of Milwaukee.

The Milwaukee sports media can speak no evil about the New Bucks ownership or coach and I think they will be a disaster. All I can hope for is that the scope of their failure doesn't become evident until *after* MU gets its new arena.

No this is Kidd's second wife.  He has three teenage children his first wife, the one he was married to when he was arrested for domestic abuse.

I don't know what you want the press to do.  They are going to give him (and the ownership) the benefit of the doubt.  

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 04:18:55 PM »
Based on what? Not being cheeky, I'm actually curious.

Yeah, same.  It certainly can't get worse than where they were a year ago in terms of ownership.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 04:53:34 PM »
Sports owners who are successful, for the most part, do not take an active role in the day-to-day management of their teams. They certainly do not actively interfere with the operations. Interfering with the day-to-day operations is undermining the authority of the professionals whose expertise you rely. Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones are meddlers who blow up any chance of their teams success by publicly destroying the authority of their coach and front office.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24601524/kidd-mess-shows-bucks-lasry-as-worst-kind-of-owner----a-meddler

Marc Lasry and company, for some reason, decided to not clean house and fire Larry Drew and John Hammond. Sure, he could have identified the two of them as the right tandem to move the team forward. But then after making it clear that Drew was safe and without involving Hammond, he brought in Jason Kidd. Kidd, who is a guy one year removed from playing, with only one year of head coaching experience, and that one year was far from stellar. In one move, Lasry managed to look like someone who would stab his own guys in the back if it suited him, revealed that stabbing his own guy in the back was worth it to acquire an unproven and apparently mediocre coach, and to under cut his GM.

Speaking of undercutting his GM... he also managed to publicly disclose draft strategy. To state that owners should not do this is putting it mildly. While I admit that the Bucks got the guy that I wanted them to get, Lasry managed to torpedo any chance Hammond had of playing up fake interest in another player and working a trade down.

The Milwaukee media can only see Lasry and co. as saviors. Soon enough they'll see him as Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
Haha true.  But he did have last season with Brooklyn and I wouldn't exactly say they had an overwhelmingly good season.  It's not like the Bucks are good enough to have the luxury of wasting 2 draft picks, and it's not like Jason Kidd is some all time great, proven coach.

They gave up 2nd round draft picks. Those don't really mean squat in the NBA...teams sell them for a million dollars or so to teams that want them.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 06:13:26 PM »
They gave up 2nd round draft picks. Those don't really mean squat in the NBA...teams sell them for a million dollars or so to teams that want them.

Like I said, the Bucks aren't good enough to waste any draft picks, 1 overall or 60 overall. Plenty of good players come out of the 2nd round. Never know.

feedback