[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: He Looks Constipated  (Read 8905 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: He Looks Constipated
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 05:35:11 PM »
Maybe it's Syracuse. Maybe it's St. Johns. Maybe it's Notre Dame.

Honestly, it's no school because NYC is a serious professional sports town.

I grew up in Jersey. Eight miles from NYC. Ten years away from here. Returned home in 2007. I know the situation regarding sports in NYC which is why I wanted you to name one program that gets the attention in your eyes. As I wrote, Johnnies have been largely irrelevant for two decades and ND ball doesn't sniff backpage coverage on their best day.

Cuse has half the media talent employed in the city and all of the noses in the seats. That makes them New York's college team up and down the Empire state.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 05:42:32 PM »
Northwestern has billboards up all over the 4-county area calling itself "Chicago's Big Ten Team", but at least it is factually true.

Northwestern is in Evanston, not Chicago. The only reason no one calls b.s. on their ads is that Chicago is not a college sports town and the general populous could not care less how Northwestern tries to market its athletics.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:46:53 PM by MU7703 »

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 05:56:13 PM »
I grew up in Jersey. Eight miles from NYC. Ten years away from here. Returned home in 2007. I know the situation regarding sports in NYC which is why I wanted you to name one program that gets the attention in your eyes. As I wrote, Johnnies have been largely irrelevant for two decades and ND ball doesn't sniff backpage coverage on their best day.

Cuse has half the media talent employed in the city and all of the noses in the seats. That makes them New York's college team up and down the Empire state.

Don't really care which college team claims NYC—and NYC doesn't care either. Pro sports rule the scene. Would it be accurate to rate the teams that really rule NYC as:

1. Yankees
2. Giants
3. Knicks
4. Jets
5. Mets
6. Rangers
7. Nets
8. Devils
9. Islanders

As you can see, that doesn't leave much room for college teams. Where would Syracuse fit on that list? Maybe after the Nets—or am I completely misreading the sports scene in NYC these days?

Basically, I've always disliked Syracuse and hate that they bailed on the Big East—yet still pretend they're part of the industrial East. Sorry, guys. Your heart now belongs in Greensboro.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »
Perhaps, but I doubt they're focused on Poughkeepsie or Rochester. They mean NYC. That's the prize. Syracuse has long considered itself NYC's team, going back to the days of Pearl Washington (if not longer). They're almost as delusional as the Big 10...thinking it now owns NYC since it added Rutgers. ::)

I'm guessing they mean both and by doing it the way they did it, it captures it all.   Again, this is a media guide coming from a school 250 miles away from the city.  Say you are New York's team encompasses everything in NY state, including NYC.  Why not say it, they are the best team in the STATE and since NYC is in the state, it covers it all.  You certainly don't want to say you are merely the best team in the city, which wouldn't be factual anyway, because they don't play in the city....they play in Syracuse.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 07:20:30 PM »
I'm guessing they mean both and by doing it the way they did it, it captures it all.   Again, this is a media guide coming from a school 250 miles away from the city.  Say you are New York's team encompasses everything in NY state, including NYC.  Why not say it, they are the best team in the STATE and since NYC is in the state, it covers it all.  You certainly don't want to say you are merely the best team in the city, which wouldn't be factual anyway, because they don't play in the city....they play in Syracuse.

Makes sense. I guess my strong dislike for Syracuse is getting in the way.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 09:58:20 PM »
It's still pretty ballsy to call "dibs" on being "New York's College Team."

Who else would it be?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 07:13:24 AM »
Don't really care which college team claims NYC—and NYC doesn't care either. Pro sports rule the scene. Would it be accurate to rate the teams that really rule NYC as:

1. Yankees
2. Giants
3. Knicks
4. Jets
5. Mets
6. Rangers
7. Nets
8. Devils
9. Islanders

As you can see, that doesn't leave much room for college teams. Where would Syracuse fit on that list? Maybe after the Nets—or am I completely misreading the sports scene in NYC these days?

Basically, I've always disliked Syracuse and hate that they bailed on the Big East—yet still pretend they're part of the industrial East. Sorry, guys. Your heart now belongs in Greensboro.

A very fair assessment.