[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Interest in baseball dwindling?  (Read 11523 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Interest in baseball dwindling?
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »
By the way, "rednecks" is very offensive and shouldn't be used.  Progress.  Moving forward. 

Fiiiine... I'll refer to them as the Mississippi Viewers Club.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2014, 11:26:14 PM »
Yup. Haven't checked out Boardwalk Empire, but it looks good. Thinking about getting the DVD's (my usual exposure to TV). I just went through the Shield this year, as well. Excellent show. Loved the ending.

Boardwalk Empire is good, but not as good as the Shield was. The Shield was cutting edge.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2014, 11:28:17 PM »
No, there is plenty of great television on nowadays. The Walking Dead simply isn't one of those shows. Its cheap thrills, action, and gore with little to no real dialogue, character development, or plot. Believe me, I've watched it. They spent an entire season sitting at a farm killing zombies, and another season and a half sitting in an prison, killing zombies. Each season is exactly the same, in a new setting, with a few different characters to replace those who have been killed. Its terrible television.

For a contrast, watch Breaking Bad, The Wire, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, or even Game of Thrones. There's plenty of good television out there. Walking Dead isn't it.

I'd agree that The Walking Dead isn't as good as any of the other shows you named here, but it absolutely isn't terrible. In fact, I usually find something to like in each episode, and also plenty to poke fun at -- which is part of the enjoyment.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »
I'd agree that The Walking Dead isn't as good as any of the other shows you named here, but it absolutely isn't terrible. In fact, I usually find something to like in each episode, and also plenty to poke fun at -- which is part of the enjoyment.

That's fair. I actually do watch it, because Mrs. Bleauteaux enjoys it. I have no problem with people who watch for pure entertainment value, and know its cheap thrills and are able to see its shortcomings as well.

It just really irks me that a lot of people do actually think it is fantastic drama.

feedback