collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crean  (Read 15729 times)

River rat

• Team Captain
Crean
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:20:30 PM »
almost as big a tool as Tommy "Naismith" Crean

http://deadspin.com/texas-techs-midnight-madness-featured-tubby-smith-wreck-1647927612

oh and for some good reading go to the IU boards.  He just got 2 verbals from 3 star players, one the 290th ranked Sr.,  Putting IU two over the limit.  IU fans besides themselves on how he can be over committing with 3 star players.  Pretty much consigned to the fact that he is gone and at this point just hoping it comes quickly.  Doom and gloom 7 years in.  His tenure eerily similar and equally vomit inducing as his tenure at MU.  

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Crean
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:29:17 PM »
Final Fours don't make me puke.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
Breathtaking analysis

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:48:48 PM »
Final Fours don't make me puke.

1 NCAA tournament win in his last FIVE years, considering his salary, facilities and the overall commitment to the program by the University was almost vomit inducing.  At least with us he did get that Final Four, IU really has nothing to show for his tenure.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 09:20:42 PM »
Yeah us........MU.

Who gives a sheet bout Crean's salary at IU?

Not I.....and certainly doesn't induce vomiting.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:46 PM »
That spray on tan is a tad vomit inducing...

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 10:10:41 PM »
Yikes! :o

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 10:44:36 PM »
1 NCAA tournament win in his last FIVE years, considering his salary, facilities and the overall commitment to the program by the University was almost vomit inducing.  At least with us he did get that Final Four, IU really has nothing to show for his tenure.

First Big Ten title in 20+ years
A few Sweet 16's
Several NBA selections
Team no longer on drugs, going to class, 8 guys on Big Ten all academic team

Will he last long, who knows.  Most here had him gone in year 3. 

Can't wait for our next Final Four at MU....seems to happen so often

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 12:22:07 AM »
First Big Ten title in 20+ years
A few Sweet 16's
Several NBA selections
Team no longer on drugs, going to class, 8 guys on Big Ten all academic team

Will he last long, who knows.  Most here had him gone in year 3. 

Can't wait for our next Final Four at MU....seems to happen so often

Why don't we hear you say this stuff when Willie hates on Buzz? I mean shouldn't it be equal? (I'm genuinely curious not trying to bate a fight)

Also why are we so obsessed with crean still? Did we talk about deane when buzz was coach? No! When crean was coach did we talk about O'neil? I was pretty young but I hope not.  I get us talking about the last coach but going back to crean just isn't worth it except for the occasional tanning joke.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 02:16:27 AM »
Why don't we hear you say this stuff when Willie hates on Buzz? I mean shouldn't it be equal? (I'm genuinely curious not trying to bate a fight)

Also why are we so obsessed with crean still? Did we talk about deane when buzz was coach? No! When crean was coach did we talk about O'neil? I was pretty young but I hope not.  I get us talking about the last coach but going back to crean just isn't worth it except for the occasional tanning joke.

Uhhh it went Crean --> Buzz, not Deane --> Buzz.

So yes, crean is the last coach. (up until 6 months ago)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 05:21:41 AM »
Will he last long, who knows. 

As LNH stated (and you and many others doubted), his contract helps his staying power.

Crean absolutely ate Indiana's lunch at the negotiating table. Much like Buzz did to VT.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 07:17:54 AM »
Six years at a perennial top 5-10 school
40-68 in Big 10 play
101-97 total with plenty of cupcakes on the pre-season schedule
(2) NCAA tournament appearances
(2) Sweet 16's with (1) of them as a #1 seed and getting a gift from the officials in a win over Temple.
(0) NIT appearances
Not to mention the only time he has recruited any stud players is the Calipari-like recruiting approach of getting in bed with the Indy Spiece program.
Not exactly anything to brag about...

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 08:26:05 AM »
40-68 in Big 10 play
(2) Sweet 16's with (1) of them as a #1 seed and getting a gift from the officials in a win over Temple.
(0) NIT appearances
Not to mention the only time he has recruited any stud players is the Calipari-like recruiting approach of getting in bed with the Indy Spiece program.

Not too mention only 2 of his last 8 signees are top 100 players.  At IU!?
This on top of everything else has the alums enraged.  They at this point want him gone and are concerned the admin. given his salary will be slow.  
I hear about it all the time, when he was tirst hired all their alums would ask me about him.  I told them, great hire... For now.  He will say the right things n get the program fixed, kids will go to class, he will recruit hard n have initial recruiting success beacause... Its indiana.  But in 5 years u will wanthim fired, he is a bad coach, he has a very low ceiling and is immently unlikeable.  They are now all telling me i was 100% dead on.

He is a dead man walking.  Alums hate him or are on the verge if he doesnt go to the tourney this year.  The negative recruiting against a lame duck coach is clear.  Not to mention his promise to recruits  rings hollow with no real actual sucess.  I never thought i would hear "we are worse than Fing Nebraska" from IU fans, as the best recruits again are going elsewhere.

I will admit to enjoying watching this trainwreck
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:03:24 AM by River rat »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 08:50:08 AM »
I hope he "ho ou"s in the tourney this year.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 09:02:08 AM »

A few Sweet 16's

One could say a few. One could say multiple. Two is the actual number.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »

Bags...what has Bert accomplished yet at Va Tech?  I'll be happy to do so when he has some years under his belt.   What equality do you want, Buzz hasn't even coached a game yet at his new school....right?  Plus, Buzz did some things that aren't worth defending ever at MU as far as I'm concerned, but in terms of X's and O's, he'll do just fine at Va. Tech.  Expectations low, football school, no one cares, under the radar, administration not paying attention, he'll be like a pig in mud.

This thread, as stupid as Robbie typically is, was about Crean at IU.  Why, after 8 years he decided he needed to start something like this again, you can only ask the Angus king. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 09:03:56 AM »
As LNH stated (and you and many others doubted), his contract helps his staying power.

Crean absolutely ate Indiana's lunch at the negotiating table. Much like Buzz did to VT.

Did anyone put a gun to IU's head?  Nope.  Think there is a reason they did what they did?  Yup.  The program was an absolute disaster when he took over and they knew it.  When they found all the drug issues, academic nightmare, etc, he leveraged up.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 09:05:07 AM »
Chicos is butt hurt

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »
Not too mention only 2 of his last 8 signees are top 100 players.  At IU!?
This on top of everything else has the alums enraged.  They at this point want him gone and are concerned the admin. given his salary will be slow. 
I hear about it all the time, when he was tirst hired all their alums would ask me about him.  I told them, great hire... For now.  He will say the right things n get the program fixed, kids will go to class, he will recruit hard n have initial recruiting success beacause... Its indiana.  But in 5 years u will wanthim fired, he is a bad coach, he has a very low ceiling and is immently unlikeable.  They are now all telling me i was 100% dead on.

He is a dead man walking.  Alums hate him or are on the verge if he doesnt ho uo the tourney this year.  The negative recruiting against a lame duck coach is clear.  Not to mention his promise to recruits  rings hollow with no real actual sucess.  I never thought i would hear "we are worse than Fing Nebraska" from IU fans, as the best recruits again are going elsewhere.

I will admit to enjoying watching this trainwreck

I had similar conversations with IU alums during last year's NCAA tournament.  To a person, the IU alums want Crean fired, but they are stuck with the large contract.  Yes, the IU alums appreciate the work he did getting the program out of the cellar, but they all recognize Crean has limited upside . . . the situation is oddly familiar.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 09:16:57 AM »
Bags...what has Bert accomplished yet at Va Tech?  I'll be happy to do so when he has some years under his belt.   What equality do you want, Buzz hasn't even coached a game yet at his new school....right?  Plus, Buzz did some things that aren't worth defending ever at MU as far as I'm concerned, but in terms of X's and O's, he'll do just fine at Va. Tech.  Expectations low, football school, no one cares, under the radar, administration not paying attention, he'll be like a pig in mud.

This thread, as stupid as Robbie typically is, was about Crean at IU.  Why, after 8 years he decided he needed to start something like this again, you can only ask the Angus king. 

Right but I feel like when someone bashes Crean's MU record you quickly jump in and defend that he brought us the final four Al and big east (I feel like you mention the 3amigos as well) but buzz did great stuff to im just curious why it isn't unanimous that you jump to his defense. I completely understand defending crean at IU because your affiliation with IU as well but I'm purely talk at MU.

I don't know who the angus king is but I agree this is a stupid thread that didn't need to happen.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
40-68 in Big 10 play
(0) NIT appearances

Yup, that includes the first 3 years where the team had walk-ons starting for the team and basically shooting pellets in the Big Ten.  I think Glass put it correctly not long ago.  Two of the last 3 years, two NCAA appearances, two Sweet 16's, one Big Ten title (first in 20+ years), a couple of kids to the NBA, academics as high as they have ever been (higher than Bob Knight era), etc.  Perfect, no way.  Off court issues with two kids...yup.  Could it be better, absolutely.  Train wreck?  Hardly.

Now, does he have to keep winning, of course.  Are there some alums pissed off?  Of course.  Look at all the alums pissed off at Alabama because they only beat Arkansas 14-13, or at LSU because my God, they've lost 3 games this year.  It happens.  If he doesn't get it done, ultimately he will be gone....though I still predict he will leave on his own terms if that time should come, but we'll see.

As for the Angus insurance man River Rat, the recruiting rankings crack me up.   He might want to look at where Victor Oladipo was ranked when he committed to IU....then after a few years he went to the NBA and gives most of the credit to a certain coach.  IU fans were pissed that this 3 star kid ranked closer to 200 than 100 committed to the program.  Jordan Hulls, a 3 star kid did just fine.  Some guy not ranked name Dwyane Wade comes to mind.  Etc, etc.  It surprises me, too, with Canadian Dimes thinking Mbao had a NBA career ahead of him and was so gung ho on that recruitment....the Dime was so good at identifying talent for him in the past.

It's funny, River Rat has used the same "train wreck" comment for 6 years now, under a bunch of different usernames.  I suppose one year he will get it right.   One year he will find sucess <sic> in his selection.

Otherwise, breathtaking analysis by the Angus king again.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 09:45:53 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 10:22:51 AM »
Jordan Hulls, a 3 star kid did just fine. 

Jordan Hulls final RSCI was 74. He was a consensus 4*. Calling him a 3* because a minority of services ranked him there would be no less dishonest that saying Wade was ranked on the edge of the top 50 because Bob Gibbons had him at 55. Just fundamentally dishonest.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 10:55:58 AM »
Dishonest is right as are oladipos as a near 200 recruit, he was a borderline top 100 kid
Cough agenda cough
And the prevoius poster is dead on chico has quoted Creams mu successes ad nausum but wont quote buzzs because he hasnt dont anything at VT?
Again a pyschiatrists dream patient.  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:00:42 AM by River rat »