'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Sharma  (Read 8939 times)

MuMark

• All American
Sharma
« on: October 22, 2014, 01:48:12 PM »
Best of luck to him in the Pac 12........

Guess he wasn't a "stone cold lock" for the badgers..... ;)

Eric Hampford ‏@3ricHampford  7m7 minutes ago
Stanford strikes with 2015 Northfield Mount Hermon (NH) 7-footer Josh Sharma, according to @AdamFinkelstein. Athletic big is a gazelle.

The Process

• All American
Re: Sharma
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:49:34 PM »

Stanford strikes with 2015 Northfield Mount Hermon (NH) 7-footer Josh Sharma, according to @AdamFinkelstein. Athletic big is a gazelle.

Bo cooled on him.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:51:08 PM »
Bo cooled on him.

And his parents are awful to deal with.
Plus, he couldn't handle the UW academics, and thus chose a third-tier school like Stanford.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »
Making sure there is room for Stone...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 02:05:35 PM »
Making sure there is room for Stone...

That's a mistake on their part.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
Regrettably I went over to their scout board and of course theres no bashing of Sharma. But of course there were some "lost interest in him" posts and even a "this probably means were going to get Stone" post. I would love for a #donedeal situation to happen to Bucky.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 02:53:48 PM »
And his parents are awful to deal with.
Plus, he couldn't handle the UW academics, and thus chose a third-tier school like Stanford.
Harvard of the West doesn't hold a candle to the Harvard of the Midwest. Poor kid.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »

Chico's "sources" usually give us "the sun will rise in the east" type of predictions. This time they went waaay out on a limb, calling Sharma (thought by most to be a heavy Badger lean) a "lock" for UW. Chico wanted to back up the truck and put his hard earned dough on the line. Oops...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 03:10:55 PM »
Lenny, covered this September 21st.  Old news, already acknowledged. 

You might have been busy figuring out math problems of late, not sure. 

jjfanec

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »
Regrettably I went over to their scout board and of course theres no bashing of Sharma. But of course there were some "lost interest in him" posts and even a "this probably means were going to get Stone" post. I would love for a #donedeal situation to happen to Bucky.

Can you actually find a post from a Badger fan that says the Badger's lost interest in him?  Because I looked at scout and there was nothing about that.  There was one or two posters who said they felt good about their chances with Stone (jerks).  A lot of the post go like this - I think UW is a better basketball school but it is hard to turn down Stanford since is a great academic school in a great location. 

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
Can you actually find a post from a Badger fan that says the Badger's lost interest in him?  Because I looked at scout and there was nothing about that.  There was one or two posters who said they felt good about their chances with Stone (jerks).  A lot of the post go like this - I think UW is a better basketball school but it is hard to turn down Stanford since is a great academic school in a great location.  

Nothing outrageous here.

Yes, the Vadgers probably lost interest in Sharma because he wouldn't offer an early commit...and they are all in on Stone.

Yes, they should feel good about their chances with Stone.

Yes, UW-Madison has had more recent success than Stanford in hoops.

Yes, Stanford is vastly superior to UW-Madison in academics.

And yes, many would agree that Palo Alto is a more desirable place than Madison.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:39:35 AM by Groin_pull »

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 03:53:21 PM »
He turned down MU as well.  Stanford has a lot to offer, but more importantly for his family, they are closer to him, that might be a big reason.  Wisky hopefully will get Stone.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »
He turned down MU as well.  Stanford has a lot to offer, but more importantly for his family, they are closer to him, that might be a big reason.  Wisky hopefully will get Stone.

I don't think MU had an offer out to him after the HE commit.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 04:02:12 PM »
I wish the kid well.   While you never want to NOT take a 5 star big (it isn't too late, Diamond  ;D), with Fischer, Heldt, Henry, and STjr already in the fold, I don't feel MU has an overwhelming need for another big.  I suspect that Wojo is going to hold this schollie for spring and see who de-commits/transfers/blooms late. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 04:08:28 PM »
In the past, you probably wanted to fill 13 spots, but with 500 players transferring every year it seems, holding back makes sense.  You might lose a transfer or you really know what you
are missing and sometimes they can step in right away, like Russell Wilson or Matt Carlino.  Shores up weaknesses.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »
Can't be right. Chicos said - in no uncertain terms - this guy was going to uw-madison.

TAMU...Sharma is a STONE cold lock for the Badgers.  
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 04:22:51 PM »
In the past, you probably wanted to fill 13 spots, but with 500 players transferring every year it seems, holding back makes sense.  You might lose a transfer or you really know what you
are missing and sometimes they can step in right away, like Russell Wilson or Matt Carlino.  Shores up weaknesses.

Like it or not, Wojo also has to have a contingency plan for one of MU's current players transferring out.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 07:41:08 PM »
Like normal, chicos bit the big one on this!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 07:57:25 PM »
He went to the Madison of the West Coast.
SS Marquette

brandx

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 08:19:03 PM »
Like normal, chicos bit the big one on this!

Funny, cuz UW had been out of the picture for him for over a month.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 08:57:30 AM »
Can't be right. Chicos said - in no uncertain terms - this guy was going to uw-madison.

I also said over a month ago that it changed.......reading is a lost art.

But that's ok, I trust my sources.  That's how I knew Mayo was gone long before this board did, or many of the fun activities by Bert.  Is what it is....my guys and gals have been very good with their info over the years.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »
So he was a Stone cold lock until he wasn’t?

Doesn’t that mean he never was?  ;)

It’s one thing to say he would be a good fit in Madison or predict(As Mark Miller did) that he might end up there….it’s another to use the words you did to suggest that it was basically… a done deal.

It never was….they wanted him…he liked them…….he picked somebody else…..happens all the time in recruiting.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
I also said over a month ago that it changed.......reading is a lost art.

But that's ok, I trust my sources.  That's how I knew Mayo was gone long before this board did, or many of the fun activities by Bert.  Is what it is....my guys and gals have been very good with their info over the years.

If you had just said, "A real good chance Sharma is going to UW," it's a lot easier to resist throwing it back at you. But that wasn't good enough. You had to say it was all but a done deal - which is exactly what stone cold lock means.

There's no crime in being wrong. I'm wrong all the time and admit it when I am. But being VERY wrong and then trying to claim you weren't all that wrong ... well, that's just wrong!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
If you had just said, "A real good chance Sharma is going to UW," it's a lot easier to resist throwing it back at you. But that wasn't good enough. You had to say it was all but a done deal - which is exactly what stone cold lock means.

There's no crime in being wrong. I'm wrong all the time and admit it when I am. But being VERY wrong and then trying to claim you weren't all that wrong ... well, that's just wrong!

Chico's "I was wrong" or apologetic moments routinely come with qualifiers. Just the way he rolls.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 11:08:55 AM »
Happy he spurned Becky, happy for Johnny Dawkins and happy Chico's swung and missed.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"