[Today at 11:06:58 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by cheebs09
[Today at 10:52:12 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 10:42:19 AM]

NIL Future by Hards Alumni
[Today at 10:38:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Most Famous Movie Set In Every State - WI: "Dawn of the Dead" (2004)  (Read 21176 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: The Most Famous Movie Set In Every State - WI: "Dawn of the Dead" (2004)
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2014, 08:15:52 AM »
Marilyn Chambers fan?

Had the hots for her as the Ivory Snowflake babe. 99 & 44/100% pure, aina?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:26:33 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »
Wow, you appear to have done an awful lot of research given you have never actually watched this movie.  Are you that desperate to prove that you are right?

Step 1, Google.  Step 2, Ctrl-C.  Step 3, Ctrl-V.  It's really not that difficult or time consuming at all.

I simply offered an opinion, and I backed it up when asked.  You don't have to have seen a movie to understand who the target audience is... that can reasonably be ascertained from the publicity and advertising by anyone who has taken Intro to Marketing.

He's out surveying the Jews and Chinese of Skokie right now.

So far, I've gathered they're all big fans of Niv.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2014, 09:00:36 AM »
Agree that Hoosiers is way better than A Christmas Story...but Breaking Away is much better than both.  And while Hoosiers was nominated for 2 AAs and Christmas Story none...Breaking Away won the Oscar for Best Screenplay, and was nominated for 4 others.  Also won a Golden Globe for best comedy.  Filmed and set in Bloomington.

Edit:  And Breaking Away has a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

So I went home, and as luck would have it, my mother-in-law and father-in-law from Indiana were visiting.  I gave them the criteria, and before I could finish, my wife and father-in-law cut me off with Hoosiers, but then my mother-in-law threw out Breaking Away and my wife changed her vote.  So official count was Breaking Away 2, Hoosiers 1.

But then I asked them a hypothetical... "had you not lived in Bloomington when they filmed the movie," (which they did), "would you still have said Breaking Away?"  My mother-in-law said probably not, but my wife stuck with Breaking Away.  My father-in-law stood his ground with Hoosiers because he couldn't vote for Blues Brothers.

So not even the native Indianans can decide where they stand on this one.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2014, 09:12:11 AM »
In regard to "A Christmas Story", the film is so popular TBS/TNT has shown 24 hour marathons of the film on Christmas/Christmas eve since 1997. I don't think any other film set in the the state of Indiana has ever had a 24 block of TV dedicated to it.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2014, 12:00:18 PM »
If you took a survey nationwide and simply asked both questions, "do you like basketball" and "do you like Christmas movies," those answering affirmatively to the former would outnumber the latter.
Except that is not the relevant question.  The relevant questions are "Do you like basketball movies?" and "Do you like Christmas movies?"  Asked like that, I'd bet Christmas wins.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback