'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 12:53:11 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

Who is currently your favorite player in the NBA who played for MU

Dwyane Wade
Steve Novak
Wesley Matthews
Darius Johnson-Odom
Jae Crowder
Dwight Buycks
Jimmy Butler
Vander Blue

Author Topic: Favorite MU player currently in the NBA  (Read 10452 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Favorite MU player currently in the NBA
« on: October 17, 2014, 10:46:34 AM »
Random thought popped into my head after the JFB thread, and I thought a good non-threating poll would be in order for a Friday so close to the season.

Who is your favorite MU player currently in the NBA.  I generated the list from the basketball reference website so it is based on current contracts for 2014 and what they classify as "in the NBA".  Also the poll is intended as who is your current favorite, not who was your favorite while at Marquette.  Curious to see who ends up the winner.

I blanked out the results until you vote because I don't want any bias...this is scientific man!
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MDMU04

• All American
Re: Favorite MU player currently in the NBA
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
Favorite player during his time at MU who is currently in the NBA: Wade
Favorite former MU player currently in the NBA: JFB
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
Don't consider blue or DJO or Buycks (anymore) still in the NBA so I say Jimmy though if jimmy wasn't on the Bulls itd probs be Wes
Maigh Eo for Sam

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
I don't really care what the criteria are as far as "in the nba." It's more fun to have a bigger list anyways. So, let's not argue who is or isn't.

JFB. Hands down.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 12:04:36 PM »
Buncha FIBs in here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ATVSandKARATE

• Scholarship Player
  • Deflections!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »
I know he isn't a player anymore, but what about Doc? He is in the NBA, and seems to be universally liked. Would someone have picked him instead of those listed?
I have been thinking about you a lot since last weekend. A whole lot.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 12:24:21 PM »
Does the NBDL/Toddler count?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 12:51:37 PM »
DWade hands down. Best thing that happened to Marquette in the past 30+ years, plus he earned himself a couple of rings.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 12:56:25 PM »
DWade hands down. Best thing that happened to Marquette in the past 30+ years, plus he earned himself a couple of three rings.

DWade has three. Got one on his own without LeBron, while LeBron has never won a ring without Wade. Hope that remains a fact for eternity. Wade's legacy will only be greater if so!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 01:06:09 PM »
DWade hands down. Best thing that happened to Marquette in the past 30+ years, plus he earned himself a couple of rings.

He's such an unlikable NBA player though.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »
Buncha FIBs in here.

Yeah, like half of MU, and just like the guy that is clearly the best player on this list.  It is the damn cheese mongers with their badger obsession that makes this place so weird. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:26:14 PM by buckchuckler »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
Yeah, like half of MU, and just like the guy that is clearly the best player on this list.  It is the damn cheese mongers with their badger obsession that makes this place so weird. 

While I agree there is a clear Bulls bias in the voting, I don't think there is any way that Jimmy is a better player now than Wesley.  Right now Wesley is the best player on the list.  JFB is my favorite(and I hate all Chicago sports....you people are the worst) because of the way he plays, his subtle swag, and my favorite nickname ever.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »
While not in the NBA anymore, Buycks was a favorite of mine.  MKE kid, longest of the long shots to make it to the Association. 

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 02:00:34 PM »
This is tough for me.  I love JFB, but dislike the Bulls. 

Voted Wes as he was also one of my favorites while I went to school and had a class with him freshman year.  Great guy and awesome player.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »
He's such an unlikable NBA player though.

I don't dislike him one iota.
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »

Me neither. Favorite baller ever in his prime, followed by Olajuwon, Ray Allen, then any former MU player.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 02:40:26 PM »

+1

I feel like a lot of the dislike towards D Wade, is simply due to Lebron.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »
While I agree there is a clear Bulls bias in the voting, I don't think there is any way that Jimmy is a better player now than Wesley.  Right now Wesley is the best player on the list.  JFB is my favorite(and I hate all Chicago sports....you people are the worst) because of the way he plays, his subtle swag, and my favorite nickname ever.

After yesterday he just might be better now. Two days ago I would've agreed with you.  Also Boston fans are much worse than us in Chicago the entitlement to winning out there is insane
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lacrosse218

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 03:02:21 PM »

Maybe I am misinterpreting what you are inferring, but if you think Wesley is better than DWade even now you are crazy.  DWade is not what he was, but is still far and away more skilled than Wes.  Not hating on Wes, just stating the facts.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »
I cheer for all the MU guys above any NBA team, but Wade is a cut above.  I was a Senior in 2003 so I got to experience two years of Wade's magic.  His 2006 NBA Finals performance was 2nd best I've seen behind Jordan's ridiculous 41 ppg Finals in 1993 against the Suns.  By game 5, I was telling my buddies what plays Miami would run---get the ball to Wade and get the F*** out of the way!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 03:07:41 PM »

Really, When was the last time Wes got compared to Michael Jordan by one of Michael's former teammates?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/10/16/6992165/jimmy-butler-hits-game-winner-gets-compared-to-michael-jordan-by
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 03:09:07 PM »
+1

I feel like a lot of the dislike towards D Wade, is simply due to Lebron.

Disagree a ton. From someone who had zero connection with MU before being a freshman in 2011-12 watching him play in the NBA was awful. He was as bad as LeBron with the complaining and flopping before LeBron got there. I understand why people who were connected with MU long before I was love him so much but still just not a fan.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »
Da Bulls.   ;D

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 03:52:18 PM »
Really, When was the last time Wes got compared to Michael Jordan by one of Michael's former teammates?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/10/16/6992165/jimmy-butler-hits-game-winner-gets-compared-to-michael-jordan-by

So seat of the pants hyperbola counts as proof now? 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2014, 03:53:42 PM »
While not in the NBA anymore, Buycks was a favorite of mine.  MKE kid, longest of the long shots to make it to the Association. 

Agree 100%.  All the NBA guys work their tails off, but Buycks went above and beyond to get his shot.  I was absolutely thrilled when I heard he signed a guaranteed contract.  Would have loved to see him stick longer...but Valencia isn't such a bad place to make a living.

feedback