Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting Targets  (Read 25444 times)

Texas Western

• All American
Re: 2015 Recruiting Targets
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 11:37:07 PM »
Recruits for 2015--- I know we have NN, but I think Marcus LoVett would be outstanding. If Dawson
doesn't have a good year or start, I think he leaves. Also a good rebounder and sky jumper like Shawntrez Davis at 6-8 would be a compliment to the front line off the bench. Heldt, who I think will be a solid player
at MU, will need a year or 2. Just a thought
I agree with you.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »
Is MU in contact with LoVett?  Or are you just guessing?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »
Recruits for 2015--- I know we have NN, but I think Marcus LoVett would be outstanding. If Dawson
doesn't have a good year or start, I think he leaves. Also a good rebounder and sky jumper like Shawntrez Davis at 6-8 would be a compliment to the front line off the bench. Heldt, who I think will be a solid player
at MU, will need a year or 2. Just a thought
It is certainly possible, but I find it hard to believe that he thought he was going to get significant playing time when he signed with MU. He would not of played at all last year, if Duane did not get hurt.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 08:42:57 AM »
Is MU in contact with LoVett?  Or are you just guessing?

We supposedly are, but I don't know to what extent.

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2014, 03:37:13 PM »
It worked before

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
So it looks like Dillard is the target....hmm.

Also, Dillard's recent re-tweets indicate that he is interested in MU.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:01:19 PM by MUEagle1090 »

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »
It worked before
Is Dillard for Levin a good trade?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2014, 09:13:48 AM »

Matter of opinion, but most I have talked to think Dillard is underrated because of off him and his former coach not getting along. He would be exactly what this class is lacking. Super athlete wing whose game is repeatedly described as "nasty" and "mean." In a good way of course.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2014, 09:14:47 AM »
I get the impression that Levin wasn't a real good fit.  I don't think he will be considered a big loss at all. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2014, 10:45:27 AM »

Levin is a proven Division I player.  Dillard hasn't shown anything at the college level, so he is unproven.  Dillard is higher ranked out of HS because of his athleticism.  So, Dillard is riskier with a greater potential for greatness or to bust while Levin would have almost certainly been a solid guy but with a much more limited upside.  
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2014, 11:16:57 AM »
I get the impression that Levin wasn't a real good fit.  I don't think he will be considered a big loss at all. 

I wasn't thrilled when Levin identified playing on the perimeter as one of the reasons he wanted to transfer to MU.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2014, 11:19:15 AM »

Wouldn't read too much into that. He has a Purdue retweet the same day as a couple of the Marquette ones, and Pitt and Iowa retweets in late September. Think the kid just enjoys the attention.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2014, 11:35:06 AM »

Wouldn't read too much into that. He has a Purdue retweet the same day as a couple of the Marquette ones, and Pitt and Iowa retweets in late September. Think the kid just enjoys the attention.

I think that he was actually reading into Big Daddy's name update.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2014, 12:57:01 PM »
Levin is a proven Division I player.  Dillard hasn't shown anything at the college level, so he is unproven.  Dillard is higher ranked out of HS because of his athleticism.  So, Dillard is riskier with a greater potential for greatness or to bust while Levin would have almost certainly been a solid guy but with a much more limited upside.  
I agree with your risk reward analysis of the two players. I think if we are filling Levins spot with a 2015 a guy like Dillard makes sense , if we are going to get a transfer I would like to see another proven player. The thing I liked about Levin was his rebounding credentials which is something we need.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 07:04:09 AM »
Damontrae Jefferson: 5-7 150 PG from Milwaukee (Mo Acker Reduex!)

So intrigued by Trae. Have been for years. Really looking forward to watch things unfold.. could go many ways. He is sensationally skilled. Just amazing. Could sell tickets for any program. He's also fearless with a little bit of crazy. Harness some of his attributes and cultivate the good and he's a gem. Don't know if it can be done. Dude's got a strong personality. Really interesting kid.

Hope he does well wherever he lands. I'll be watching. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but man...

Watching the interactions between him and Kevon, including this summer, I have hope.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 11:28:12 AM »
So intrigued by Trae. Have been for years. Really looking forward to watch things unfold.. could go many ways. He is sensationally skilled. Just amazing. Could sell tickets for any program. He's also fearless with a little bit of crazy. Harness some of his attributes and cultivate the good and he's a gem. Don't know if it can be done. Dude's got a strong personality. Really interesting kid.

Hope he does well wherever he lands. I'll be watching. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but man...

Watching the interactions between him and Kevon, including this summer, I have hope.

Says he plays in MKE.  Where's he going to school?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 04:06:12 PM »
Says he plays in MKE.  Where's he going to school?

Most Internet sites are full of bad info

He was in Fla two years ago for HS (Arlington Country Day), then to South Carolina (Believe Prep) last school year.

Has continued played w the MKE Runnin Rebels in summer though

Started HS w Kevon at Hamilton
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »

He was in Fla two years ago for HS (Arlington Country Day), then to South Carolina (Believe Prep) last school year.

Sure  looks fun to watch in his videos.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 09:10:57 PM »

Another kid with multiple high schools? Oh yeah, that always ends well.  ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2014, 09:20:40 PM »
Another kid with multiple high schools? Oh yeah, that always ends well.  ::)

Yeah who would want guys like Deonte Burton, Lazar Hayward, and Junior Cadougan coming to Marquette?   ::) is right.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »
Will probably know soon if MU is going to go after another 2015 prospect this fall as next weekend is really the best recruiting weekend left before the signing period since they go to Virginia to scrimmage on November 1st and the next weekend is kind of the last ditch effort weekend.  Starting to look like they could be holding it until spring?
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2014, 09:16:24 AM »
Will probably know soon if MU is going to go after another 2015 prospect this fall as next weekend is really the best recruiting weekend left before the signing period since they go to Virginia to scrimmage on November 1st and the next weekend is kind of the last ditch effort weekend.  Starting to look like they could be holding it until spring?

Holding it until Spring might be a great idea unless someone special is available.  Seems to me that Gardner was a Spring signing and we certainly know how his 4 year career at MU went.  Not that Wojo would go this route but that also opens the door to a transfer or Juco.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2014, 09:26:47 AM »
Holding it until Spring might be a great idea unless someone special is available.  Seems to me that Gardner was a Spring signing and we certainly know how his 4 year career at MU went.  Not that Wojo would go this route but that also opens the door to a transfer or Juco.

Pretty sure DJO, Gardner, Butler, and Crowder were all spring signings. Pretty crazy that we were able to pick up guys of that level that late in the game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2014, 09:33:22 AM »
Is MU in contact with LoVett?  Or are you just guessing?

http://dimemag.com/2014/08/video-marcus-lovett-jr-jamal-crawford-show-sick-handles-seattle-pro/

It's few months old, but we are at the top of his list in August.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »
http://dimemag.com/2014/08/video-marcus-lovett-jr-jamal-crawford-show-sick-handles-seattle-pro/

It's few months old, but we are at the top of his list in August.

IIRC, Buzz was in on Lovett early.  The fact that Marquette is listed in an August article most likely indicates that Lovett was followed up on by Wojo when he arrived.  i remember being surprised that Buzz felt he had a good enough shot at a SoCal guy to be involved as much as he seemed to be.  Now that the Chicago connection has been revealed, it makes more sense.