Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks]Projections for 2016 NCAA Includes Ellenson-led MU  (Read 4312 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

Projections for 2016 NCAA Includes Ellenson-led MU

>MUs best recruit in decades projects to land MU back in the NCAA tournament in 2016. Henry Ellenson steps on the court projected to be the 189th best Value Add player in the country even as a freshman. A look at MU's projected roster for 2016 indicates three more players projected to be among the top 10% in the country isenough to propel MU to fourth in the Big East behind Georgetown, Xavier and Villanova (see updated google doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qbx3qDXliihkPNrQfjOIAJzJaX5dYyv8tKh9R4mMqDg/edit?pli=1#gid=394925277

The full database is at www.valueaddbasketball.com, but it is not updated currently. The ceiling for MU is higher due to players whose projections were held down by injuries or a lack of playing time:

Source: Projections for 2016 NCAA Includes Ellenson-led MU
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:33:18 PM by rocky_warrior »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks]Projections for 2016 NCAA Includes Ellenson-led MU
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 06:52:53 AM »
Gabe Levin 1.15?

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rjay.stephen

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:06:41 AM »
It's never, ever smart to project Wisconsin to miss the tournament.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 12:47:13 AM »
It's never, ever smart to project Wisconsin to miss the tournament.

If I understand the model correctly, it only takes into account players who are currently slated to play for a team in 2015-2016. The Badgers currently have three open scholarships (four if Dekker leaves), I imagine that hurts their score. That being said, it could be a rough year in Madison if Dekker goes with the 5 graduating seniors. They are off to a good start with Illiaken and Pritzl. If they land Stone and Sharma, they'll be just fine. If not....
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
They aren't going to land Stone and Sharma(i.e. stone cold lock). They just got a verbal from an under the radar 4 man named Charlie Thomas(beat out Rutgers and Depaul for him).

They have 1 spot left….all in on Stone.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 12:00:32 PM »
They aren't going to land Stone and Sharma(i.e. stone cold lock). They just got a verbal from an under the radar 4 man named Charlie Thomas(beat out Rutgers and Depaul for him).

They have 1 spot left….all in on Stone.

I may be misinterpreting, but they have three schollies open for 2015. 5 seniors graduating + 1 open schollie from 2014 - 3 current 2015 commits = 3 open schollies. Four if Dekker decides to go pro as some have suggested he will.

Thomas might end up being a good pick up. Lazy comparison but he might be another Nigel Hayes type which works well in Bo's system.

I agree that they probably won't get Sharma and Stone, but they better hope they get one of them. Kaminsky and Anderson are gone after this year. No one taller than 6-8 on the roster left.
TAMU

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 01:17:34 PM »
Yeah I must have misread their table. Anderson is already gone IIRC. I believe Showalter is slated to get a scholarship next year so it is a little confusing.(could be wrong on that)

If Dekker leaves they are still going to have 2 or 3 more to use. Looks to me like they need a center and a guard or 2.

They have a bunch of 4s according to this chart and my guess is some of them will get time at the 5 if needed.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/pages/scholarship-grid

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 01:44:53 PM »
You are right about Anderson. Forgot he decided not to take his fifth year. Poor kid was a talent coming out of high school. Never got a chance in college.

They have four guys I would call a four. Three of them are 6-7 and one is 6-9 210. Serviceable, but Bo's system requires large post players. If I was Bo, I would try for a PG, a college ready Center, and a center prospect.
TAMU

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 01:48:43 PM »
Gee, no reason to visit a Vadger fan site. I get all updates right here. ::)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
You are right about Anderson. Forgot he decided not to take his fifth year. Poor kid was a talent coming out of high school. Never got a chance in college.

If you saw him play in his later high school years, he wasn't much of a talent.  Very much an early bloomer who was overrated in the end.  

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »

If you saw him play in his later high school years, he wasn't much of a talent.  Very much an early bloomer who was overrated in the end.  

But...but...Bo never misses on a recruit. Bo cooled on developing him.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 01:47:49 PM »

I agree that they probably won't get Sharma and Stone, but they better hope they get one of them. Kaminsky and Anderson are gone after this year. No one taller than 6-8 on the roster left.

And Sharma is going to Stanford, per Goodman.
Relax. Respect the Process.

feedback