[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Davante Gardner First Pro Game  (Read 86952 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Davante Gardner First Pro Game
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »
Thanks TJ. By the way,  are there any good French high school seniors who have not signed an NCAA letter of intent that you could recommend?
Have some patience, FFS.

TJThompson

• Walk-On
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2015, 11:29:40 AM »
To be honest, i don't know very well. But French players are fine this year in NCAA i guess .

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/france/152648/davante-gardner-leaving-hyeres-toulon.html

Why he could pay his buyout himself and not an other team? I'm a bit disappointed cause Davante is our best player in HTV roster. This loss is going to hurt for the following of the championship. Especially before confronting Monaco , 2nd on ranking, in 10 days.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »
To be honest, i don't know very well. But French players are fine this year in NCAA i guess .

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/france/152648/davante-gardner-leaving-hyeres-toulon.html

Why he could pay his buyout himself and not an other team? I'm a bit disappointed cause Davante is our best player in HTV roster. This loss is going to hurt for the following of the championship. Especially before confronting Monaco , 2nd on ranking, in 10 days.

Thanks for all of the updates you've provided TJ.  Sorry that Davante is moving on from your team.  I'm sure Davante just wants to showcase his talents against the best in the French league in the hopes of further building a resume for a potential opportunity back in the NBA.

We will miss your posts and updates.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:07:09 PM by NersEllenson »
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

TJThompson

• Walk-On
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2015, 11:47:42 AM »
In any case , one of the best player that i have ever seen to HTV for a long time. I think that he could be champion, only 3 months remaining. A great career in prospect for Davante. It was nice to share my opinion about Davante and i will continue to follow Marquette !

Marquette fans are sort of HTV fans, we can say  ;D
I hope that we move on A League next year !

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2015, 07:37:51 PM »

TJ, thanks for taking the time to find us, and keep us updated one one of our all time Marquette favorites.  Also, well done on bringing the Automatic cheer to Davante in France.

One question...once Davante pays his buyout, can he still play for another team this year, or is he done for the season?

TJThompson

• Walk-On
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2015, 01:29:48 AM »
TJ, thanks for taking the time to find us, and keep us updated one one of our all time Marquette favorites.  Also, well done on bringing the Automatic cheer to Davante in France.

One question...once Davante pays his buyout, can he still play for another team this year, or is he done for the season?

If he pays his buyout, he will seek an other contract for the end of the season in a european top team ( probably for the playoffs ? )

The buyout is estimated at 20.000 dollars

To my mind; he could sign a long contract with a contract ( not only until the end of the season )
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:46:03 AM by TJThompson »

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2015, 11:29:37 PM »
If he pays his buyout, he will seek an other contract for the end of the season in a european top team ( probably for the playoffs ? )

The buyout is estimated at 20.000 dollars

To my mind; he could sign a long contract with a contract ( not only until the end of the season )
Hope Davante stays with HTV and finishes out a championship year. Would be good for him and HTV. Then move together to the A league would be best.

TJThompson

• Walk-On
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
After these rumours, Davante finally stays until the end of the season with HTV, according to French newspaper. Great news with the aim of the first place and MVP title for him. Especially because Monaco, 2nd , won away HTV so . Just one win in advance on ranking ..

However, Davante played well : 23 points - 5 rebounds - 8 fouls drawns.

One question, Did Davante shot at three during his college year ? Because , during 5 last games, He takes 14 shots and he scored 7. Not bad for a center !

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2015, 12:17:55 PM »
After these rumours, Davante finally stays until the end of the season with HTV, according to French newspaper. Great news with the aim of the first place and MVP title for him. Especially because Monaco, 2nd , won away HTV so . Just one win in advance on ranking ..

One question, Did Davante shot at three during his college year ? Because , during 5 last games, He takes 14 shots and he scored 7. Not bad for a center !

He tried to. Made some but not like that.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2015, 12:21:51 PM »

Must be his new svelte body allowing him to make the long jumper.  I don't think any of us have ever seen Davante's feet leave the ground - ever.  He even dragged them when he walked.
Have some patience, FFS.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »

He was too busy getting doubled in the low post. His best game was vs Syracuse his junior year (regular season). I'm not sure if you have access to old highlights but if you're interested in his college game that was a great showing. Best game I ever went to.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2015, 12:37:24 PM »

He liked to attempt the trailer 3, but was only 3/23 for his career. He could always hit free throws, but move him a few steps back and he was usually well off the mark. Glad to hear he's improving that part of his game, because he loved to shoot them. When he used to play in the local Pro-Am summer league (an organized local league mostly for fun) he loved throwing up 3's.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2015, 12:47:56 PM »
He was 100% from the three in our attempt to get to the final four against Syracuse in '13.  MU was 3-24 from the three that regrettable outing.

Jamil/Mayo/Junior/Trent combined for 0 of 14.  
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:50:25 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2015, 01:16:35 PM »
He was 100% from the three in our attempt to get to the final four against Syracuse in '13.  MU was 3-24 from the three that regrettable outing.

Jamil/Mayo/Junior/Trent combined for 0 of 14.  

That game was a trainwreck. Buzz tried to replicate the success of Oxtule and Syracuse was completely ready for it. Carved us up like a buzzsaw. Not sure what was worse, that we didn't have a better gameplan in place for the rematch with the Final Four on the line, or that we still tried the Oxtule combination as the foundation of our team the next year despite seeing how badly the Orange exploited it in the rematch.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TJThompson

• Walk-On
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2015, 04:18:46 PM »
Win against Saint Quentin 83-74 , still first !

Best game of the season for Davante : 31 points ( 11/12 on shots,3/3 on three points line ! ) - 8 rebounds - 9 fouls drawns in 34 minutes.

Davante was so easy in offense, good for the confidence !

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
Win against Saint Quentin 83-74 , still first !

Best game of the season for Davante : 31 points ( 11/12 on shots,3/3 on three points line ! ) - 8 rebounds - 9 fouls drawns in 34 minutes.

Davante was so easy in offense, good for the confidence !

That's crazy. That sounds like his Syracuse game line, minus the 3s.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2015, 07:30:54 PM »
Any updates on Davantes progress?
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2015, 08:38:29 PM »
On May 17, he put up 25 pts and grabbed 10 reb in win.  Yesterday he had 10 pts and 8 reb in a loss.  His team (HTV) is second place in their division.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/France/Hyeres-Toulon_Var_Basket/429

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:46 AM »
On May 17, he put up 25 pts and grabbed 10 reb in win.  Yesterday he had 10 pts and 8 reb in a loss.  His team (HTV) is second place in their division.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/France/Hyeres-Toulon_Var_Basket/429

Pretty good stats for the Ox. 40% on 3 pointers and 84% on FT's. Anybody know what the quality of this league is? And about how much is the Ox making playing in this league?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2015, 09:25:11 AM »
I think this is the "B" league . If his team wins the championship they may move up to the "A" league next year. Seems like Davante is really enjoying it.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire